Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Stone ? Can this medicine replace my CCO? Can I get away from solvents altogether? I have not figured how I would use it. With the CCO my medicine is stored in capped syringes in fridge. When I require say a .3 gram dose I would simply squirt out a bit at a time on a rice rolling paper. I then weighed the paper and got pretty good eyeballing it. Then I roll up the paper in a ball and wash it down with a fluid. I do not have the patience or steady hands to try filling capsules. Dang, more new guy questions. How to turn small sticky piles into medicine I can dose? :peace:

Once you squish the rosin it needs to be decarb’d. It’s really easy. I place my Rosin in a small silicon tub and put it in a taster oven at 250F/121C. Once it stops bubbling it’s decarb’d and I normally let it stay in there another 15 minutes or so. Depends on the rosin amount naturally, but total time is usually in the 30 minute range.

After decarbing, and while it’s hot, it will usually turn darker and thin to an oil consistency. I have not tried it straight, but I imagine you could fill a syringe and take a few drops sublingual...after it’s cooled. I also have not tried to keep decarbed rosin for an extended period of time.

I have saved rosin in the freezer before and it was fine, just not in decarbed form. You’ll need to experiment...

I hate to bother her as I think her one on one work is very important and I hate to jump a thread. Maybe I will just say @SweetSue if you get a minute? Can RSO CCO and Rosin be considered as equal medicines or basically are they the same medicine just derived differently? :peace:

No reason to hesitate to call me in, or to track me into another thread either. I’m here to help. :hug:

Both RSO and CCO are the same, the concentrated essential oils of the plant and often nothing else. The skill of the extraction technician determines the purity of the meds.

Whereas Rick Simpson Oil was originally created with harsh and dangerous solvents I don’t believe they recommend anything other than ethanol, which is what we use for CCO.

Rosin is an extraction that uses no solvent and is designed to break off the heads of the trichomes.

The solvent extractions are evaporated to leave only the oils. Fresh rosin still has the trichomes heads.

The concentrations should be close to identical as medicine.

Hi GR,
Did you do any tutorial or thread outlining your hard candy meds? I am hoping to get away from the alcohol. This old hippy has a bad marriage with the juice. Can't divorce her as alcohol marries for life. But I can dam sure leave her in the closet with the other crap that I don't need. :peace:

Easy Pesy,

Two packages of Cherry Life Savors approx 7 oz each crushed
1/4 to 1/2 cup water
12.5 grams of Decarboxylated Rosin
Boil to 300 degrees on candy thermometer
Take off heat and stir till temp drops to 250 degrees add FECO/CCO/RSO/Rosin and stir vigorously to combined and pour into molds.
On this last run it made 250 mini cubes (for making mini ice cubes about 1/3 cubic inch each) plus what I had at cleanup, about 8 marble size balls. That would be approx 50 mg Rosin per candy.
I am doing three in the morning and three at night dissolved under the tongue.
Not being able to test my Rosin and going by reported findings most Rosins are 50 to 75% THC, so iI am unsure of the total amt of Rosin per candy. Maybe you math people can tell me what it is per candy if the Rosin is 50% THC. But they work.

Be sure you let it dissolve under the tongue, that get a majority of the meds into the blood stream and by passes the liver.
If I want to party with some of the candies I take six or more and get fucked up.
:)

Be sure you let it dissolve under the tongue, that get a majority of the meds into the blood stream and by passes the liver.
If I want to party with some of the candies I take six or more and get fucked up.
:)
SS talks about a first pass. Keep liver busy and dissolve under tounge sounds like the way. A week or so until I get my press. Lots and lots of fun learning from all sorts of 420 family. Love it.

Not sure what I will do when I have to make meds for someone, getting the hard candies above 50 mg/candy may cause them not to set up.
I may use the FECO I make for the spent pucks and added to some decarbed Rosin to make high dosage meds. They will have to be in caps or dosed right from the oral syringe under the tongue. When I make caps i usually go 1/1, FECO/Coconut, but it is a mess, so going straight from the syringe works for me, even after adding coconut oil.

My neighbor is an Apiary Inspector for the state. I have great access to honey, and wax. What in heck will I do with that much wax after I try to make a batch of @InTheShed 's itch ointment.
When you make it, use more beeswax/ounce of oil than I did. Mine melts at room temps and needs to stay in the fridge. I'm planning on finding the correct amount of beeswax to keep it stable at room temps in the next week or two.
Can't divorce her as alcohol marries for life. But I can dam sure leave her in the closet
I hope that's a mixed metaphor and not a description of your marriage(s)!

When you make it, use more beeswax/ounce of oil than I did. Mine melts at room temps and needs to stay in the fridge. I'm planning on finding the correct amount of beeswax to keep it stable at room temps in the next week or two.

I hope that's a mixed metaphor and not a description of your marriage(s)!
My bad, wife is great,
booze is really bad for me. :peace:

i can try bumping wax by 10% or what do you think? I have plenty of wax.
It looks like a big blob of rosin.
@Grandpa Tokin would probably hit this stuff.

I am like my Dad was, I am a happy drunk. I drink till I reach a point and then quit.
Now my Mom was a mean drunk, and I mean MEAN..

I quit drinking alcohol completely about 25 years ago. I’m a mean one on that whiskey. I lived and worked with macho aviator guys. We worked hard and played harder. I learned I could be the designated driver and still have fun. It helped me to stop catching fists with my face... :cheesygrinsmiley:

No reason to hesitate to call me in, or to track me into another thread either. I’m here to help. :hug:

Both RSO and CCO are the same, the concentrated essential oils of the plant and often nothing else. The skill of the extraction technician determines the purity of the meds.

Whereas Rick Simpson Oil was originally created with harsh and dangerous solvents I don’t believe they recommend anything other than ethanol, which is what we use for CCO.

Rosin is an extraction that uses no solvent and is designed to break off the heads of the trichomes.

The solvent extractions are evaporated to leave only the oils. Fresh rosin still has the trichomes heads.

The concentrations should be close to identical as medicine.
Best piece of information I heard in months. Time for a press.

Last two days at VA Hines hearing bad news about my failed tri-level spinal decompression surgery. We press on. Speaking of presses :peace: @Grandpa Tokin @Old Salt @stoneotter @InTheShed @gr865 many thanks again.
My Press Solventless Gen 2 arrived and has been drooled over. Today bought a rig with quartz bangar, and a neat torch with a jug of cleaning fluid. Watched a couple videos and now here I sit. Nervous, and have not taken a hit.

Got some issues with the grow I will update later.

Hines moment;
Shared a nice sativa bone with 86 year old vet in hospice late stage care last night.
Our brother smiled and said "thank you".
I told him the same. :peace:

Straw Hat Notes,
The drought-escape response accelerates flowering in response to drought stress, allowing plants to adaptively shorten their life cycles. Abscisic acid (ABA) mediates plant responses to drought. Drought is a major environmental stress that influences plant growth and development. In the drought-escape response plants flower early; this allows the parent plant to produce seeds before dying of water deprivation (Verslues and Juas thedrought-avoidance response, which increases water use effi-ciency and seed production (Fletcher et al., 2015). Drought-escape responses have been observed in many plant species (Riboni et al., 2013; Shavrukov et al., 2017; Du et al., 2018),suggesting that this response is widely conserved enger, 2011;Fang and Xiong, 2015).
GIGANTEA Enables Drought Escape Response via Abscisic Acid-Dependent Activation of the Florigens and SUPPRESSOR OF OVEREXPRESSION OF CONSTANS1
The timing of the floral transition has significant consequences for the reproductive success of plants and consequently their adaptability to various environmental conditions. Plasticity in flowering time in response to changes in water availability has been documented in several plant species As water scarcity results in a reduction of growing seasons, the drought-escape (DE) response defines the ability of plants to complete their life cycle before stress conditions lead to lethality Our data reveal an interaction between drought stress and photoperiod in the activation of the florigen genes, a process requiring photoperiod-activated GI protein and the phytohormone ABA. The ability to trigger a DE response allows plants to survive in ephemeral environments, characterized by sudden and unpredictable changes in water availability. As our data suggest the onset of the DE response to be tightly controlled by photoperiodic cues, drought episodes occurring in spring may be a cue for plants for yet harsher drought conditions to follow in the summertime, making a DE response advantageous. We propose that the broader significance for this photoperiod-drought stress interaction could be to allow water status signals to affect the floral transition, but limiting this to a particular temporal window (e.g. spring versus autumn).

Got free membership in science direct, lookout now LOL

Last two days at VA Hines hearing bad news about my failed tri-level spinal decompression surgery. We press on. Speaking of presses :peace: @Grandpa Tokin @Old Salt @stoneotter @InTheShed @gr865 many thanks again.
My Press Solventless Gen 2 arrived and has been drooled over. Today bought a rig with quartz bangar, and a neat torch with a jug of cleaning fluid. Watched a couple videos and now here I sit. Nervous, and have not taken a hit.

Got some issues with the grow I will update later.
Was hoping for more positive spine news Maritimer. Maybe some improvement will come in time.

Straw Hat Notes,
The drought-escape response accelerates flowering in response to drought stress, allowing plants to adaptively shorten their life cycles. Abscisic acid (ABA) mediates plant responses to drought. Drought is a major environmental stress that influences plant growth and development. In the drought-escape response plants flower early; this allows the parent plant to produce seeds before dying of water deprivation (Verslues and Juas thedrought-avoidance response, which increases water use effi-ciency and seed production (Fletcher et al., 2015). Drought-escape responses have been observed in many plant species (Riboni et al., 2013; Shavrukov et al., 2017; Du et al., 2018),suggesting that this response is widely conserved enger, 2011;Fang and Xiong, 2015).
GIGANTEA Enables Drought Escape Response via Abscisic Acid-Dependent Activation of the Florigens and SUPPRESSOR OF OVEREXPRESSION OF CONSTANS1
The timing of the floral transition has significant consequences for the reproductive success of plants and consequently their adaptability to various environmental conditions. Plasticity in flowering time in response to changes in water availability has been documented in several plant species As water scarcity results in a reduction of growing seasons, the drought-escape (DE) response defines the ability of plants to complete their life cycle before stress conditions lead to lethality Our data reveal an interaction between drought stress and photoperiod in the activation of the florigen genes, a process requiring photoperiod-activated GI protein and the phytohormone ABA. The ability to trigger a DE response allows plants to survive in ephemeral environments, characterized by sudden and unpredictable changes in water availability. As our data suggest the onset of the DE response to be tightly controlled by photoperiodic cues, drought episodes occurring in spring may be a cue for plants for yet harsher drought conditions to follow in the summertime, making a DE response advantageous. We propose that the broader significance for this photoperiod-drought stress interaction could be to allow water status signals to affect the floral transition, but limiting this to a particular temporal window (e.g. spring versus autumn).

Got free membership in science direct, lookout now LOL
So drought can bring on early flowering as well. Very interesting. Nice read. I got about 15% but that's good for now. Feel better brother.
Here's a pic of the subject. She's 19 days in flower today I think.

So drought can bring on early flowering as well. Very interesting. Nice read. I got about 15% but that's good for now. Feel better brother.
Here's a pic of the subject. She's 19 days in flower today I think.

Stone my man!
That is a pretty looking lady your sporting these days. :) Upon close examination of the cultivar you provide today I see ample opportunity for your LWA measurements. She looks to be really happy and by happy I mean physically fit. I used thin strips of blue painter tape wrapped loose around measurement points to both locate and identify measurement points. It is real important to get your turgid leaf angles documented so your wilt targets are known. I am finding tons of other biological research I am extrapolating data from to enhance our strategy. :peace:
We have made more friends in the scientific community that are showing a new readiness to help us hillbilly white-coats out from time to time. This is sweet stuff we are digging in.

Back
Top Bottom