Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Was expecting worse ... I suggest you spend the time and modest cost to finish those. Seeing lots of crystal.
Oh that's the plan. She fine in her own messed up way. I dropped her mother at 3 days above ground. It took a long time to recover and she turned into a Tri one. That was cool but she never grew well just like this one. I was bottle feeding. So since I had a clone of the mom I decided to teach myself something and grow it out in LOS hoping for a beautiful blemish free plant. Come to find out she grew the same as her mom. Good but not beautiful. She's 4 feet around in 15 gal cloth. I'm happy with her, it was just hard to see through the crispy parts. :) On my mind.

Stone
How long did you veg the clones? The pics look pretty much like what happens when I go six weeks before flipping lights. I call first two weeks pre-veg. Then I bump the wattage, up-pot, begin fertigations and go four weeks. Monster root balls develop allowing for rapid vegetative growth. When the lights flip the plants are fully lollipopped during the first week of stretch a bit at a time. I top trim only to a sweet 16 pattern just like I was taught in Humboldt. Too many trims can lead to bunches of small buds. Im sure you already know this stuff. Im just enjoying putting the old straw hat on again.

My FS LED plants often look pale green like that late in flower. Nutes are amended to increase N about 15% over normal concentrations. Usually helps a bunch.

Great to be back :peace:

We have made headway regarding getting a hold of some ABA thru the friends I am making thanks to Professor Pete. Again, the intention will be to stimulate happy healthy flowering plants with the hormone cannabis uses to combat a drought hoping for increased glandular production of oils. Cannabis exposed to late flower drought has been proven (Caplan) and replicated (Maritimer) that a drought response increases THC and CBD cannabinoids by generous amounts.

Nobody likes to withhold food and water and watch them wilt. But until I figure out how to trick the plant I will just keep almost killing them. The higher yields Im extracting make the case. Even squishing a bud shows the difference. Unstressed buds make smaller rosin piles than the stressed buds, every squish.

We will be getting up some pics of the current jungle grow. During my absence the cultivars were not identified when moving to the flower bed. OUCH
The group consists of one Northern Lights, one Ocean Grown Girl Scout Cookie, and two Cali Orange cultivars with only one plant being reasonably identified (by its size) and she is Cali #1.
Like I said. OUCH
The scrog looks ugly and is not well disbursed either.

But my friends, they are better off than if nobody would have helped me out. :peace:

Should be fairly easy to tell them apart in flower.
I may ask for some help @Pennywise

I have been hoping to learn more about your ratio's that you describe as feeding these I must learn more. :peace:

Glad you're back
Dang,
Just talking to you again makes me smile. :)
Is the end game to feed the plant ABA at a specific time in the grow (as part of fertigation) to replicate drought-effect without actually withholding water? Oh Yes. The cultivar will not have to be stressed if we find the keys.
We are gonna be getting some big time help from an unexpected secret ally. This is gonna be a biological blast in our 420 world. No Im not being silly. Stay with us on this. :peace:

@Graytail can you PM me sometime?
down to take pictures

New phone had some live photo stuff. What the? Fingered how to shut it off. good now :)

@Oldbear
Ahoy my friend. Weren't you having a go at this outside?

The plants look well-cared-for in your absence, and I'm sure you will have no trouble filling in the scrog.

I have the same mini-dehuey! I put it in a box with my buds when I can't get the RH down during burping.
Why didnt I think of that> Awesome idea Shed :peace:

Straw Hat Notes;
The clone we transplanted outside was actually harvested two weeks ago. Thought I would share my thoughts.

Outdoor growing is not for me. I have a very hobbit friendly location that is actually on the prohibitionist property that affords me a sanctuary hard to better in terms of location. The available direct sunlight is also un-shaded until August wherein late afternoon shade is a welcome buffer to the triple digit heat here in the middle shire. All is great until she starts flowering. Something then begins to eat at her. Chewing thru thick branches like a beaver or something. 3 foot chicken wire, ha no problem for this monster munch munch.

Recovered only 3 oscars of flowers that were at best a medium grade. All was gladly accepted as gifts up at Hines.
Bad weather days, critters, bugs, prohibitionists and all say stay in your hobbit hole!!! :peace:

Straw Hat Notes;

Forgive my doubts, but I am looking at this study very carefully thinking the biologist here may have been close to something useful to us.
From Wiki;
Ethephon
is a plant growth regulator used to promote fruit ripening, abscission, flower induction, and other responses. Ethephon is registered for use on a number of food, feed and nonfood crops, greenhouse nursery stock, and outdoor residential ornamental plants, but is used primarily on cotton.

RE; Mansouri et al: We studied the effect of ethephon on levels of the major cannabinoids (tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol) and chlorophyll, carotenoids and α-tocopherol in Cannabis sativa at productive stage. Results revealed that ethephon increased THC content of leaf in male and female plants and of male flowers.

These results showed ethephon is a suitable treatment for increasing cannabinoids and α-tocopherol in productive stage of cannabis and there was not a relation between primary and secondary terpenoids.

However, ethephon unable to enhancing THC content in female flowers. Treatment with etheohon increased CBD content in male and female leaf and female flowers. The treatment of male flowers with low ethephon concentration caused an increase, and those treated with high ethephon concentration resulted in a decrease in CBD content.

Most of my doubt is aroused by the statement the female flowers did not co-operate. Im thinking this may be another case wherein the biologist is an inexperience cannabis grower.

More later :peace:

Well, not very hobbit sounding the more I look at this stuff. Yucky?
via Cornell;
Ethephon's mode of action acts via liberation of ethylene, which is absorbed by the plant and interferes in the growth process. It is also used in the acceleration of ripening of fruits and vegetables.

Ethephon comes in RTU (ready-to-use), emulsifiable concentrate and aqueous solution formulations. It may also be used in combination with Terpal (with mepiquat-chloride) and Terpal C (chlormequat-chloride).

In plants, ethephon rapidly degrades to phosphate, ethylene, and chloride. Ethephon and the ethylene gas it produces are the major metabolites in plants.
Residues of monochloroacetic acid may be found in ethephon-treated commodities. Monochloroacetic acid is a potential degradation product of an impurity in ethephon, monochloroethyl ester of (2-chloroethyl)-phosphonic acid.

In soil, rapid degradation to phosphoric acid, ethylene, and chloride ions was reported (Hartley and Kidd, 1987)
Two studies using ethephon were conducted in humans. In the first study, some symptoms characteristic of anticholinesterase activity were observed. Five humans of each sex were dosed with ethephon at an average dose level of 1.8 mg/kg/day. Subjects receiving the test compound reported the following symptoms and/or signs; sudden onset of diarrhea or an urgency of bowel movements, stomach cramps or gas and increased urgency or frequency of urination, and either an increase or decrease in appetite. None of the control subjects had complaints similar to the test group. Plasma CHE and RBC CHE activities were similar to or higher than initial values in test subjects

Yeah, I don't like this stuff. :peace:
p.s. wondering about the flower stuff I thought was cool to use from the big name guys. Do they put this garbage in the boost they sell us?

Back
Top Bottom