Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Nice to see you back!
My friend,
your valued interactions have been missed, and it is me glad to see you are back.
Bong Hits for sure! :thumb:

My wife texted me this avatar.
LMAO
my new look

My friend,
your valued interactions have been missed, and it is me glad to see you are back.
Bong Hits for sure! :thumb:
I'm already in brother!. If you notice me missing for a week or more I would be honored if you find it in your heart to @me to the game. This software isn't working for me when I'm in and out of your journal for some reason. I'm catching up now so I think it should notice me and bring you and the journal up to some kind of use threshold. I follow both you and it and I have heard nothing until today. Anyway, hitting on some Mama Mia roof grown from a friend. YUM!

Ethephon; Trade names for products containing ethephon include Arvest, Bromeflor, Etheverse, Flordimex, Flordimex T-Extra, Cerone, Etherel, Chipco Florel Pro and Prep.

Ethephon is a naturally occurring growth hormone. If you ever placed an apple in with fruit to encourage ripening, you were using ethepon gas given off by the apple.

Farmers growing cotton depend on ethepon to open mature bolls to enable harvest before fiber deteriorates.

Ethephon is converted into ethelene inside the plant. If you want to avoid ethephon spayed figs you might as well avoid store bought pineapple,apple, blueberry, tomato,cherries,grapes, and a world of other fruits and vegetables. It is labeled for and used on all mentioned.

" Ethephon is corrosive in acute dermal irritation studies using rabbits, has the potential to cause eye irritation, and has been placed in Toxicity Category I (the highest of four categories) for these effects. It is moderately acutely toxic by the oral, dermal and inhalation routes (Toxicity Category III), and does not cause skin sensitization. "

Another paper published by the EPA in 2006 says that
" On average about 4.1 million pounds of ethephon are used annually on 1.7 million acres. The crops with highest percent crop treated are tart cherries (61%), grapes (40%), processed tomatoes (15%), and cotton (10%). "

"The toxicity database for ethephon is adequate for the selection of doses and endpoints for use in risk assessment. Ethephon (an organophosphonate) produces organophosphate-like signs of toxicity including salivation, lacrimation, urination and defecation. These toxic signs occur in experimental animals usually at high doses of exposure. The most sensitive indicator of exposure to ethephon is the inhibition of red blood cell and plasma cholinesterase which occurs at low levels of exposure and may not be accompanied by clinical signs of toxicity until a threshold level of exposure is reached."

Dang!
I am worried about usin this stuff in our grows but we eat the stuff.
So that scares me too. But look at this, new to me, korean natural farming techniques way to create a grow accelerator. I think the process makes what you're talking about or something similar. Here it is. I find the fastest growing thing in the area. Collect some while it's making the grow spurt. Digest it in lacto baccillis acid. When it's done the hormones are in there. I thought it was dandy yesterday when I was making plans for the spring. Do I need to worry today after reading your notes? I don't know. @Skybound you work with these things I think. What say you?

None of my notifications work for my watched threads. The only notifications I get are for my threads I started. Like I should be getting bombed with all the threads and folks I am watching, but none. Do I have a setting in privacy wrong or something? Example @stoneotter and his Strawberry cough. Every time he or someone else posts to his thread I want to know it so I can go read it. Aint this how it should work? I get nothing.
Dang :peace:

Oops. Fat fingers can be blamed deflecting attention from the fact I set it up wrong. :)
I don't recall seeing it. This thing has good and not so days.

So that scares me too. But look at this, new to me, korean natural farming techniques way to create a grow accelerator. I think the process makes what you're talking about or something similar. Here it is. I find the fastest growing thing in the area. Collect some while it's making the grow spurt. Digest it in lacto baccillis acid. When it's done the hormones are in there. I thought it was dandy yesterday when I was making plans for the spring. Do I need to worry today after reading your notes? I don't know. @Skybound you work with these things I think. What say you?

The only PGR I'm familiar with thus far is triacontanol. As to a ripening hormone, I remember @bobrown14 mentioning the use of malted barley in his soil that results in plants finishing notably faster. Perhaps this is the same, or certainly similar?

Methyl Jasmonate study notes; :peace:
In contrast, JA/MJ also has enhanced induction/promotion of leaf senescence and petiole abscission, fruit ripening, chlorophyll degradation, carotenoid biosynthesis, tuber formation, and protein synthesis
A substantial number of drought effects on plants can be mimicked by external application of abscisic acid (Davies et al. 1986). Jasmonates are biologically similar to abscisic acid and, when exogenously applied to plants, elicit a great variety of morphological and physiological responses to stress.
A 500 mM stock solution of methyl jasmonate (M J) (Aldrich Chemical Company, Inc., Milwaukee, WI) was made by our diluting 0.115 mL of methyl jasmonate in 100% ethanol to a final volume of 1 mL (M J/ethanol, 1:9 vol/vol) according to Franceschi and Grimes (1991)
salicylic acid (SA) and methyl jasmonate (MeJA). Foliar sprays with 1 ml SA 1 mM and 1 ml MeJA 100 μM was conducted on 20-day-old wheat

Willow Extraction solvent bath.

Dang,
This is getting me kinda :)

Willow Extract First Batches notes; Our idea in root form is use free stuff to elicit increased cannabinoid production in flowering cultivars. Research has proven the combination of SA and GABA applied exogenously to cannabis in lab settings and using purchased materials increases the production of cannabinoids. We hobbits want to do it with willow tree leaves and brown rice. :peace:

Salicylic acid
(SA) is a simple phenolic compound synthesized in a wide range of prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms, including plants. Leaf and bark of willow tree (Salix sp.) contain large amounts of SA, which was widely used as a medication for pain relief in the ancient world. Both salicylic acid and GABA induced THCAS gene expression.
•There was a significant correlation between THCAS gene expression and THC content.
•The higher amount of THC coincided with the lower amount of CBD.
•Salicylic acid and GABA can be used as elicitor compounds to massively produce THC and CBD.
•Standard protocol based on spraying on plants to elicit specific metabolites which are mainly produced at flowering time and in flowering organs has many benefits alongside other elicitation approaches.
The highest THC content was obtained in 1 mM salicylic acid and 0.1 mM GABA treatments, respectively. The results suggested that salicylic acid and GABA can control the signaling cascades of genes in cannabinoid pathway by changing their expression patterns at critical concentration, and these two compounds can be considered as effective elicitors for commercial cannabinoid production.

tbc

It has just occurred to me that it might be out of normal for folks to put up so much clutter in a published thread. I am using this almost like a notepad or diary of my musings. My own little version of facebook or something. Example last post is not complete and is mostly repetitive information I am compiling to eventually put all together in one abstract. It should stay on my computer until I am ready to publish the whole document.
My bad.

Not at all Maritimer! Post how you see fit. SweetSue has a thread called Class Notes where she does exactly what you are doing.
I was hoping to hear something like this. I want to share my musings so when I start to get too far off course, one our 420 family will nudge me back to normal. Thanks Shed

This is who made what yesterday.

Willow Extract

35 Grams new growth leaves and stems

200 ml alcohol

Soak agitating every few minutes for 60 minutes

Strain 112 silk

Vaporization of alcohol complete * 8 grams of willow oils

Dilution at 1:9 v/v with pure grain alcohol = 75 ml foliar spray weighing ~ 55 grams.

@Skybound my apology for not slowing down enough to say hello. You mentioned that you are familiar with the plant growth regulator known as " triacontanol " per your comment. Could you summarize that experience for me?
I am trying to learn as you can see. :)

@Skybound my apology for not slowing down enough to say hello. You mentioned that you are familiar with the plant growth regulator known as " triacontanol " per your comment. Could you summarize that experience for me?
I am trying to learn as you can see. :)

Some reading in a blog on ScienceInHydroponics , suggested dose is between 0.1-1.0 ppm, however further reading a thread on 420UK suggested that great results were had @25ppm solution. So when I got mine, the instructions seemed easiest to mix a 25ppm solution, and when I got to using that, I noticed that cuttings from treated plants seemed to root in under a week, plus also the plants grew a lot more side branching. I've since dialed my dose back to 5ppm in effort to see what the results would be if my targets were closer to what was suggested in the linked blog and it seems the results of the 25ppm solution has abated in that rooting went up to about 8-9 days in rockwool cubes and the side branching is less severe, or more normal IMO. Once the 5ppm solution is used up, I will probably revert to 25ppm and just add it to every other foliar spray.

If you Google "power grown", you'll find a PGR dealer that carries the PGRs that weren't determined to be a harmful substance. As I understand it, back in the 80s and 90s, people had a wider selection of PGRs, may of which were giving the plants end users health issues, and it is these PGRs that gave other PGRs a bad rep. To the extents of my studies about PGRs, Power Grown seems to be geared towards the proven safer PGRs.

That said, I also have my eyes on getting some Methyl Jasmonate to play around with. It seems the MeJa would be a great supplement for Big Bud strains that do nothing for frost. My only concern for MeJa though is that it kills systemic microbe movement, so maybe it might be one of them things where you could get away with small doses.

Power grown is the company sending me the MeJa next Friday. I have communicated with their research staff on our experimentation. We hope to add them to our growing list of supporting scientists. :)
@Skybound, we must try to stay in touch.
reminds me of a facebook commercial about bassett hound owners getting together LOL

Back
Top Bottom