Exceptionally High FECO Yields

I was just saying how it is better to give than receive, just got confirmation of shipping on a gifted digital microscope 50 X 1000 we should get on the 28th. A veteran from Hines arranged this without my knowledge, but with the covert assistance of my better half. Some amazing folks out there. :love:

I think Pennywise already once told me Sky is the food guru. Sky ol buddy ol pal. LOL

Hello @Pennywise ,
If you get a chance would you have a look at my nutrition basics. I think my nutes could be improved with some investigation by a more knowledgeable gardener. :)

Looking a little closer at what I feed my cultivars. I think there is room for improvements.
Base veg
20-20-20 X 3 grams +
1 TBSP 5-1-1 Fish Emulsion

or

10 grams 1-0-0 Organic worm casings/gal.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Flower base
10-30-20 X 3 grams +
1 TBSP 5-1-1 Fish Emulsion

or

10 grams 1-0-0 Organic worm casings/gal.

FS LED Illuminated cultivars get 1 tsp extra Fish Emulsion because of increased N demand.
All water is ro filtered.

I had a lot of difficulty trying to understand what you were asking, so I reformatted your post, and though I feel I'm closer to what you were trying to ask, I still do not understand what Iam seeing.

Are you asking if 10-30-20 and Fish is better than EWC?

Are you growing in soil or hydro?

I was just saying how it is better to give than receive, just got confirmation of shipping on a gifted digital microscope 50 X 1000 we should get on the 28th. A veteran from Hines arranged this without my knowledge, but with the covert assistance of my better half. Some amazing folks out there. :love:

I think Pennywise already once told me Sky is the food guru. Sky ol buddy ol pal. LOL

I am not a food guru by any measure. However, I do my best to learn about soluble elements used to make hydro nutes. After about a year and a half of experimenting, I learned that I don't condone the use of any blend of nutes due to the inability to changing anything should something go awry. That said, I am now using a reformulation of Megacrop Vegan w/ supplemented calmag. It's reformulated because I am merely emulating Megacrop's elemental ppm and mixing it all with my own salts. I am not getting the full spectrum of additives used in the MC, but should I not like something and want to adjust any element up or down, I can, whereas the MC user can't.

From what I'm seeing though, Megacrop users is EVERY medium is killing it in their grows. If you're looking for a simple swap out feed, Megacrop and Calmag is all you'll need, but if you want full control of things, I suggest buying all of the salts individually and formulating your own blend beginning with Megacrop's formulation.

There's my interpretation of a "tutorial" linked in my signature, about mixing nutes and using Hydro Buddy.

Sky my friend I downloaded the Hydrobuddy app and plan to look it over tonight. I apologize for my ambiguous question that was poorly constructed. I will look at rewording things.

Our friend @stoneotter will love reading this abstract I came across. He has a new FS LED in his garden. :)

Growth conditions are expected to alter the relative and absolute content of the hundreds of phytochemicals produced by Cannabis sativa L.; some of these possess biological activity on the human body. However, relatively little information exists regarding the effects of different light regimes on the composition of C. sativa secondary metabolites and thus on their biological activity. In this study, we investigated how light quality influences the production and final content of secondary metabolites, as well as their bioactive properties. Toward these, plant growth and blooming were carried out at different illumination conditions, utilizing light-emitting diode (LED) fixtures vs. conventional fluorescent and high-pressure sodium (HPS) lamps as controls. Inflorescences were sampled at different time points along the blooming; extract compositions were analyzed by HPLC and GC/MS, and the biological activity of the extracted material was assessed using cell viability assays. We found that growth and blooming under LED illumination considerably changed shoot architecture and inflorescence mass. Moreover, the content of cannabinoids, terpenes, and alkanes were altered in the inflorescences of LED-grown plants during the flowering period as well as in the harvested flowers. In particular, significantly higher quantities of cannabigerolic acid accumulated in the inflorescences that flowered under LED fixtures, with a cannabigerolic acid to Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (CBGA:THCA) ratio of 1:2 as opposed to 1:16 when grown under HPS. Notably, the cytotoxic activities of extracts derived from plants grown under the different illumination regimes were different, with extracts from LED-grown plants possessing higher cytotoxicity along the flowering stage. Our results thus indicate that the transition to indoor growth of C. sativa under LED lighting, which can have significant impacts on cannabinoid and terpene content, and also on the bioactive properties of the plant extracts, should proceed with thorough consideration.

Full Spectrum LED Abstract via SD
Thanks Maritimer! You're looking at really cool and important things. This is better than ever!

Our friend Sky has opened up a whole new chapter in my botanical studies as I set about trying to learn the art of growing the finest medicine possible. He gave me the keys to the car so to speak, hipping me to the Hydrobuddy app. The finer points of feeding our cultivars. At the moment, I must ask we table the discussion until a later date. With the MEJA en route I must prepare an outline of our study building as much control and protocol into the experiments as can be mustered. All your valuable insight is why this stuff is starting to fall in place, even as it lays me open for critique. This transparency of online step by step documentation adds confidence in our anecdotal investigations. If you see me forgetting something or outright wrong, please sound off.

Study of foliar MEJA phytohormone treatments and the resultant cannabinoid content of the flowers.​

In this study we will examine foliar application of phytohormones (MEJA) purchased thru a supplier in New Zealand whom claims this product increases trichome production. In our investigation we intend to determine if indeed we observe increased trichome production, does the corresponding cannabinoid level of the flowers increase as well. Empty caliphate stalks will not serve our ends.

The elicitor shall be prepared in staged doses beginning with a very low concentration and gradually raising the concentration ratios. Our model approach takes a less is better until proven otherwise stance, and this continues to be our practice. Identified application sites on the cultivars will be documented and digitally photographed for comparative analysis. Initial target sites will be peripheral extremities of the artificial illumination sweet spot where less than prime flowering conditions exist due to less photons striking the lamina and all that stuff. Those less than prime shoots at the limits of your light source, we will try and spruce them up a bit at first.

TBC getting tired

The winds are blowing strong and down came a limb from Granddad's American Sycamore providing us a good quarter pound of fresh leaves to use in our investigations. Throwing up a couple pics but most work will stay on straw hat note thread to keep clutter down a little on this thread. But I wanted to show our tinkering progress.

Indole-3-butyric acid (IBA)

Other names
1H-Indole-3-butanoic acid
Indole-3-butyric acid
3-Indolebutyric acid
Indolebutyric acid
IBA

Drought and osmoticstress increase the biosynthesis of IBA maybe via the increaseof endogenous ABA, because application of ABA also results in elevatedlevels of IBA. iii) IBA synthesis is specifically increased byherbicides of the sethoxydim group. iv) IBA and IBA synthesizingactivity are enhanced during the colonization of maize roots with themycorrhizal fungus Glomus intraradices.

The results indicated that foliar application of indole - 3 – butyric acid with different concentrations led to significant increases in vegetative growth; plant height, number of leaves// plant, fresh and dry weight/ plant, leaf area, leaf area/plant, bulb length, bulb diameter and bulb weight. Also, increasing concentration of indole - 3 – butyric acid from 25 to 100 mg/l caused increase in photosynthetic pigments content / leaves, yield and its quality as well as biochemical constituents of onion bulb. The higher concentration ( 100 mg/l) was more effective than other concentrations. Spraying salicylic acid caused significant increase in most growth characters, photosynthetic pigments content/ leaves, yield and its quality, total soluble sugars, total free amino acids, total phenols and total indoles. The lower and moderate concentrations ( 50 & 100 mg/l) were more effective than the higher ones ( 200 mg/l). The combination between indole - 3 – butyric acid and salicylic acid concentrations showed significant increase on most growth characters, yield and its quality, total soluble sugars, total free amino acids, total phenols and total indoles of onion plants in comparison with individual effect of salicylic acid concentrations or untreated plants, especially the combinations between indole - 3 – butyric acid at 100 mg/l and salicylic acid at 50 or 100 mg/l which were more effective than other combinations in this respect

Each experiment included 10 treatments which were the combination of three concentrations of indole-3-butyric acid at 25, 50 and 100 mg/l and three concentrations of salicylic acid at 50, 100 and 200 mg/l in addition to untreated plants ( control ). Onion plants were sprayed with indole-3- butyric acid after 30 days from transplanting and salicylic acid 30 days later.

Data in Tables (4 and 5) showed that the most promising treatments of the combined effect of these two bioregulators was noticed with indole-3-butyric acid at 100 mg/l and salicylic acid at 50 or 100 mg/l. at the 90 and 120 days from transplanting, respectively for increasing vegetative growth of onion plants.

What's there, 1.5 or 2ml? It says on their site to mix X with 1gallon, but I wasn't sure if the sold QTY was larger. Does it need to be dissolved in polysorbate like the triacontanol does?

I am glad it came as a liquid. Now to decide the recipes. All ideas welcome.
How much Meja would be required in 1 liter of water?
Targets of 6,000 to 9,000 ppm. in 1000 ppm. increments of foliar spray.
So we need four recipes.

What's there, 1.5 or 2ml? It says on their site to mix X with 1gallon, but I wasn't sure if the sold QTY was larger. Does it need to be dissolved in polysorbate like the triacontanol does?
A bit over 1 ml. in vial. wrong
edit should have said 1000 ml. probably closer to 1100 ml. in vial. :)

Got it Sky
Methyl Jasmonate is an oily liquid dissolved in alcohol then added to water. 1/2ml to one gallon of water makes a solution of approximately 147ppm which will work well with a wide variety of plants. 100ppm also seems to work very well also. When used on oily plants such as tobacco and cannabis it has been shown to greatly increase terpenes, (essential oils), and tricomb count.
Recommended dosage is 100-145ppm.
Methyl Jasmonate (MeJA) is a substance used in plant defense.
Here we go. :)
PPM = grams of solute divided by grams of solution times 1,000,000.
Solute = ppm times grams of solution divided by 1,000,000.
Solution = solute divided by ppp times 1,000,000.
We want 100 pp. how much MEJA do we need? Im confusing myself. :bongrip: better now need about 340 ml.

Got it Sky
Methyl Jasmonate is an oily liquid dissolved in alcohol then added to water. 1/2ml to one gallon of water makes a solution of approximately 147ppm which will work well with a wide variety of plants. 100ppm also seems to work very well also. When used on oily plants such as tobacco and cannabis it has been shown to greatly increase terpenes, (essential oils), and tricomb count.
Recommended dosage is 100-145ppm.
Methyl Jasmonate (MeJA) is a substance used in plant defense.
Here we go. :)
PPM = grams of solute divided by grams of solution times 1,000,000.
Solute = ppm times grams of solution divided by 1,000,000.
Solution = solute divided by ppp times 1,000,000.
We want 100 pp. how much MEJA do we need? Im confusing myself. :bongrip:

Once you add the MeJa to the alcohol, then the alcohol to 1 Gal of water, that entire gallon is 147ppm. The instructions say you can thin this out by 1/3 to get it down to 100ppm, if for instance adding other things to the MeJa solution. If I had to guess, I think the MeJa may only need one or two applications, maybe around week 4, though this is just my guess, so if you see other info, please update me.

In my studies, I've read the MeJa can inhibit or kill the microbes in the plant, and these microbes can stimulate the microbes in the rootzone, so the MeJa may be problematic to that natural process, which is why I 'think' the MeJa should only get used once or twice.

If I am correct to only use it a few times, then a gallon will last you a very long time.

Once you add the MeJa to the alcohol, then the alcohol to 1 Gal of water, that entire gallon is 147ppm. The instructions say you can thin this out by 1/3 to get it down to 100ppm, so if for instance adding other things to the MeJa. If I had to guess, I think the MeJa may only need one or two applications, maybe around week 4, though this is just my guess, so if you see other info, please update me.
If I am correct to only use it a few times, then a gallon will last you a very long time.
I think MEJA is already dissolved in alcohol. 340 ml. should give us around 100 ppm.
The MEJA has different uses during plant life.
We plan on crawling before we try to walk/ :)

Initial bravado is being displaced by caution.

Looking at my abilities (or lack of) and my micro measuring devices for a compromise.
I can manage as low as 100 ml. draws from the meja vial at a time.
Considering first run at half the manufacturers recommendation of 100 ppm. therefore our solution target is 50 ppm. .
We are planning on only treating a few colas at a time, and at different times as we make observations. No whole plant showers, no root feeding.
Research reading suggest this meja jazz is the stuff for clones. We will see bout that. :bongrip: yep.

Once you add the MeJa to the alcohol, then the alcohol to 1 Gal of water, that entire gallon is 147ppm. The instructions say you can thin this out by 1/3 to get it down to 100ppm, if for instance adding other things to the MeJa solution. If I had to guess, I think the MeJa may only need one or two applications, maybe around week 4, though this is just my guess, so if you see other info, please update me.
Where did you see that thinning by 1/3 stuff? I just used ratio's. Am I goofing?

I texted the numbers to my niece who is a chemistry grad from Loyola University. She is who told me the 340 ml. would make us at 100 ppm. I need to get a handle on this math.
She has answered 0.17ml. is how much meja goes in a 50 ppm. solution, after I texted her the whole manufacturers numbers to help her solve for the new ppm. target.

No way I can measure that small an amount.

Back
Top Bottom