Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Having a close look at Cali 2 underside before we do treatments. There is not a whole lot of trichome production as you can see when you glance at the Northern Lights pics and make comparisons. That is also why Cali 2 make a good study candidate because she is not very fuzzy. Check it out.

Remember that trichomes don’t always equal how strong a strains effects are.
That is exactly what I told the man from powergrown when they told me MEJA will produce 99% more trichomes. Empty glands or glands full of essential oils other than THC and CBD are not what we set out to produce.
He laughed and told me about a pine forest stand that was being destroyed by beetles. They went in and treated the trees and the next season the beetles could not eat through the resin covering the outside of the trees.
He stands fully behind the product. I have provided him with a link to our studies here at 420 and he has visited the thread and says let the action begin. He is ready for the positive exposure this will generate. :)

Starting Friday we will begin to explore this with my camera and scope at the ready.

Because of costs for lab analysis and even home testing kits we less than wealthy try alternate means.
One method of cannabis testing I am tinkering with ideas surrounds my rosin press. I can control temps, pressures and times when pressing material. My lack of experience in using my press demands I ask an expert.
@Grandpa Tokin sir, your thoughts? All others of course are welcome to chime in with knowledge.

Because of costs for lab analysis and even home testing kits we less than wealthy try alternate means.
One method of cannabis testing I am tinkering with ideas surrounds my rosin press. I can control temps, pressures and times when pressing material. My lack of experience in using my press demands I ask an expert.
@Grandpa Tokin sir, your thoughts? All others of course are welcome to chime in with knowledge.

That's a valid point/question, ie will the MeJA increase the squish yields? We might as well also ask @Emilya to weigh in as she did some research about tric development and might be able to add to the debate regarding the use of jasmonic acid (methyl jasmonate) to trigger tric growth and what kinds of results can be expected.

That's a valid point/question, ie will the MeJA increase the squish yields? We might as well also ask @Emilya to weigh in as she did some research about tric development and might be able to add to the debate regarding the use of jasmonic acid (methyl jasmonate) to trigger tric growth and what kinds of results can be expected.
Way beyond my knowledge or experimental level here guys... I am just reading along hoping to learn something new. :)

Way beyond my knowledge or experimental level here guys... I am just reading along hoping to learn something new. :)

Sorry for pulling you in, but in my defense, that's how I got onto this thread, by Stoneotter I think, tagging me into a convo a few weeks back. If you get an opinion though, I'd love to know it.

Sorry for pulling you in, but in my defense, that's how I got onto this thread, by Stoneotter I think, tagging me into a convo a few weeks back. If you get an opinion though, I'd love to know it.
I began the goat roping in the beginning of the thread enlisting @SweetSue explaining the objectives of this thread are way bigger than I could handle alone. I especially benefit from the collective knowledge being so far behind most in experience as a cannabis gardener. We need all the helpful inputs as soon as the opinions come to folks about what we are tinkering with. This journal is my only written records now for these studies and that is meant as a starting point for any and all to go where we are beginning to explore.

I began the goat roping in the beginning of the thread enlisting @SweetSue explaining the objectives of this thread are way bigger than I could handle alone. I especially benefit from the collective knowledge being so far behind most in experience as a cannabis gardener. We need all the helpful inputs as soon as the opinions come to folks about what we are tinkering with. This journal is my only written records now for these studies and that is meant as a starting point for any and all to go where we are beginning to explore.

Aside from many of the "cons" associated with the internet, one great feature is people from all over the globe can centralize like minds onto a forum about a sole topic and flesh out truths and good practices much quicker than 30 years ago. Your last sentence weighed heavy on my heart, but it is also the trajic, yet certain future for everyone of us. But we can find solace in knowing our personal contribution to the expansion of the collective knowledge. I do anyways.

Aside from many of the "cons" associated with the internet, one great feature is people from all over the globe can centralize like minds onto a forum about a sole topic and flesh out truths and good practices much quicker than 30 years ago. Your last sentence weighed heavy on my heart, but it is also the trajic, yet certain future for everyone of us. But we can find solace in knowing our personal contribution to the expansion of the collective knowledge. I do anyways.
exactly sky,
If it was brostone that brought you here it brings a smile to my face. I will take a :bongrip: and say Thanks @stoneotter

exactly sky,
If it was brostone that brought you here it brings a smile to my face. I will take a :bongrip: and say Thanks @stoneotter

I'm not certain who tagged me in, but if my memory is half decent, that's the name I pulled out of the hat.

I found this noteworthy for new growers. A cannabis plant will try to repair even major damage. Had I known of this I would have intervened with tape and whatever, but as it was the plant scabbed over on its own and is the Queen up topside.

When mine split, I tie them back together using strips of duck tape. Lots of strains will grow more weight than they can hold, so I try to make considerations for that beforehand, but if I miss time the application of branch support, they do split themselves in all sorts of ways and I just try to reposition the branch to it's original spot and tape it up. It's ugly as hell, but it gets them to the finish line upright.

Edit - Here's an example from my journal. Look at all the strips of tape I have going here, there and everywhere. I wanted to redirect all of the energy back to the center of the plant and the tape does that for me.

Triple Cheese, Pineapple Chunk, Homemade Nutes, Vero29 COBs

Cali Orange Clones Update; Following some LST protocols now before scrog engagement.

Straw Hat Notes:

Methyl Jasmonate Ester,
The foliar treatments will be precluded by completely covering the growing medium with a moisture barrier preventing most interaction for our purpose. We do not want the roots sucking on this stuff. Studies have shown jasmonate elicitors can be used on seed hulls, seedlings, cuttings and finally flowering specimens. We do not want to send conflicting signals. At each of these different stages of life, the roles of hormonal balance are expressed differently. For example, ABA we know plays a significant role in seed dormancy. Later in the plant’s life (and particularly of interest to us) ABA plays a role in abiotic stress responses affecting glandular oil production through hormonal control exercised by the GRN allowing the genetic signaling pathways to be complemented opening the door to enzymatic synthesis of cannabinoids. With that said the inadvertent contact of MeJA with the growing medium will be considered controlled for this study.

WIKI:
"Esterification is the general name for a chemical reaction in which two reactants (typically an alcohol and an acid) form an ester as the reaction product. Esters are common in organic chemistry and biological materials, and often have a pleasant characteristic, fruity odor. This leads to their extensive use in the fragrance and flavor industry."

Future investigation is planned wherein we will utilize MeJA in concert with SA to influence the cultivar during the photoperiod adjustment catalyzing the GRN from vegetative accumulation to reproductive responsibilities in a shorter timeframe enabling quicker harvests with more fully developed flowers. Our research indicates a reasonable expectation of conveyance manipulation will be successful. Cheers. :)

I can almost understand that at the first reading. :rofl:

I’m starting to get more excited. Keep tagging me in so I don’t wander far. I have my fingers in a lot of lies, both here and in my physical community. I’d hate for this to get lost in the noise of everything else. :hug:!

Go to the junk yard today too buy tires. Arriving back in my car, the bowl in center console is gone. Took my hillbilly rear back inside. Owner pulled film, bad guy lost job and went to jail for retail theft. Cops asked to see my permit, I smiled politely and with a tip of my Stetson walked away. Bad guy looked at me as cops walked him to their squad car, then he got the same smile and tip of the hat. Happy Turkey day you bad person. :)

Just kick a guy when he is down huh

late edit: County Mounties recovered my bowl at the jail. Bad guy now also charged with bringing contraband into a jail. Passed them word he can now keep the bowl. song beach

That was an eventful experience. It's sad that you lost your pipe, but hopefully the fool takes advantage of the thinking time he's about to get. Nobody likes a thief, especially in the state pen.

Back
Top Bottom