Exceptionally High FECO Yields

My mouth is still watering after watching the Captain's video. I have never managed such pretty plants. But bye golly I intend on doing so. I like the DB thread a lot. Plan to make it daily reading when possible.

My stock on hand consists of this stuff.
1.5 cu ft FF Ocean Forest
5 kg Botanicare CocoGro coir
10 lbs organic worm casings
16 oz jar Momma's molasses

I can swing $40 for rockwool if that is safer with my lack of experience detecting problems. I have the regular MC sample coming as well. Any other ideas for my wish list? I appreciate your help with this.

flowering pots, a sturdy clean tote, submersible water pump, I use 160 GPH, but anything in the 100-200 GPH range will be fine. You'll need the plumbing stuff, PVC works well and you don't need to glue anything together, just a good press fit is all and it'll stay put for years and years. Because I'm super lazy, I plumbed the water into my system and out from the system to the wasteline so I carry NOTHING which saves work on my back. In my pics, water in mainlined into the garbage can and it can send stored RO water to any of 3 res tanks in bloom A, B or C. Each of those res tanks also have their own pump for feeding, so I also use it to pump spent nutes into the waste line. Just as long as I control which valves are open and which closed, I can pump my water wherever I want. I had to design and print a mod for the little pumps I use, but because I now have that, my little sub pumps literally snort out every last drop from my tanks each week, so they drain completely! I put the design on Thingiverse for the world to make their own.

BTW, this is my Em Dog at 33 days in bloom. She's fed the Megacrop emulation with supplemented calmag, but like I said, I'm using my own individual salts to make the Megacrop, that's why I call it emulated. Whatever tho, this formulation is better than every other one I've tried, but is also why I favor using salts as it permits me to try whatever formulation I want to try. I can make Jack's 321, GH, Botnaicare, whatever, all of it, all with the same basic materials.

ED 33 days.jpg hydro system.jpg RO res.jpg

just back in from garage found brand new little giant submersible pump 205 gpm still in the box. It was in my toolbox when I was laid off once. forgot about it until tonight. that just saved some dough for other needs.

Blossom Booster 10-30-20
Cannabis doesn't need high levels of phosphorus, or anywhere near the quantities many nute manufacturers are adding. MegaCrop is 3-2-6 and it works well all by itself.
Farside and I think Intheshed both use MC with calmag and pro-tekt or other silica product.
farside adds silica to his MegaCrop mix, as he likes more than comes in the bag. To keep his ratios in check, he adds cal-mag (which has nitrogen) to offset the added potassium in silica, and lowers the grams/gallon of MegaCrop to keep everything in line. Me? I run straight MegaCrop.

Hi @InTheShed ,
What kind of medium do you use? Sky has me wanting some rockwool but I am not ready to switch over to hydro. My ceiling height is already why I mostly run scrogs. Can't afford much raising of the plants off the floor too allow gravity feed for the return lines. I can't do 12 inches. I am at 2 inches above concrete with a ceiling 6.5 feet above. I maybe could go 8 inches but that is probably insufficient. Sorry for rambling. So what's in your medium?

I'm in ProMix HP. I love it.

How far off floor can you get your lights?
Now I remember you telling me that before. My 600 HID is just a wing reflector single base with no cooling hung from the joists above. I reckon I have had her up pretty close to 5.5 feet above floor. I try to stay about 27 inches above the cola canopy.

So you have 39" from the floor to the tops of the plants after stretch? I don't think that requires a scrog if you didn't want to use one.
I am emptying a 4 X 4 net one plant at a time while reloading that position in the flowerbed without a net. The yo-yo idea you told me about. I got plenty of sturdy stuff to hang yo-yo's from and support the larger cola's. The scrog is a major problem I want to learn to do without while still pursuing ways and idea's to tame the ladies.

Instead of ProMix, Farside has a thread about how to make the stuff. In fact, it's what my soil base is ... the Faux Mix. I'm heading into organics but will still use my salts according to a different program, but if that fails, I know I can Megacrop right into the Faux Mix. I think it costs roughly $35 to make the Faux Mix and that is about 40-45 gallons which is enough to do 4-8 plants, and in the organics it's reusable due to adding microbes and giving them time to eat last round's roots.

Shed, do you reuse your PM?

I usually don't reuse it for cannabis. It goes toward other potted plants or planting beds. My plants are so rootbound when I'm done that it's hard to separate the ProMix anyway!
That is a gorgeous plant. Way to go.

Cali Orange cultivar #2 MeJA study update:
We had planned on two foliar treatments, the first on flower day #40 and the second on flower day #45. Tomorrow is flower day 45 and I am pretty sure the plan will be aborted. The influence of the initial treatment continues to be expressed, even though I have not observed our goal of increased trichome production. Nonetheless, I am intrigued by the plants physical reaction, and remain confident we will find beneficial uses for the Jazz.

The chief gardener here pulled the plug on our fun and games. Clones are the only cultivar to be considered for hormonal or any other yield threatening ideas I get while stoned. She keeps track of my meds and is protective of my needs. :love:

PUTZ

edit; who promoted her from assistant?

The influence of the initial treatment continues to be expressed, even though I have not observed our goal of increased trichome production.

Can you elaborate? I'm lead to believe that the treatment caused it to express (grow trics) but then you say no.

Hi @Skybound,
I think maybe I was not clear enough. The increased trichome production we witnessed and spoke of was with cali o cultivar #1 that had been treated with foliar fish fertilizer spray and was so covered in trichomes I withdrew her from testing with MeJA. That is when we identified cali o cultivar #2 as our new specimen especially because she was not very fuzzy. Cali #2 got the meja treatment on day 40 and has been standing at attention ever since. The plant is still not very frosty.

Your doing fine. Your Northern will be making a special Christmas for you.

Hi @InTheShed ,
In your picture you shared with us you mentioned the plant was a "photo plant". I assumed you made that point because Auto's are smaller? I have wanted to ask you about this ever since you said you were growing AK47 Auto's,

What are the pro and con when selecting an automatic flowering cannabis strain? I have never used them thinking the bugs needed ironed out like when the feminized first were on scene folks said they were not as potent as regular seed stock...

What say you bro?

Back
Top Bottom