Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Hey Sky,
I came across another grower running an EM Dog but he could not tell me much about the strain. I never heard of it before you, then bam another grower I respect is cultivating the strain. What's up?

Hey Sky,
I came across another grower running an EM Dog but he could not tell me much about the strain. I never heard of it before you, then bam another grower I respect is cultivating the strain. What's up?

Ever hear of the early 90s hispanic rap group Cypress Hill? Well the lead MC B-Real is a super stoner and he backed a breeder named Dr. Greenthumb and this is the Dr's flagship strain. It's a cross between classic Chem#4 and classic OG Kush (Kief Sweat pheno). My mentor (the video I linked the other day) ran this strain for about a year and swore by it. I found it left me wanting in the yield dept, but the smoke and flavor I like a lot. I think it tastes similar to Sour D, though less piney and more citrusy. It's a mid-late day stone with plenty of head high and alittle bit of body high. I've been choppin'em too soon, and as a result, one of my people gave a bad review, though I hope to change his opinion with coming rounds if I let them go a bit longer.

I only bought one bean and obviously it grew, but the pheno I got is a super slow grower. It took about 4 months in veg to stretch out to a whopping 2 feet, lol. I don't have any new pics so you'll have to wait till tonight and I'll get ya one at lights on.

Very nice. My first grow, I tried something similar but did not leave enough lateral branches... will make it better next time!
Lateral branching is a lot of the point of true LST, as you can see in the bones pic of my plant it was almost entirely lateral (lower node) branching. If you're interested, I have a post on LST in my signature.
Hi @InTheShed ,
In your picture you shared with us you mentioned the plant was a "photo plant". I assumed you made that point because Auto's are smaller? I have wanted to ask you about this ever since you said you were growing AK47 Auto's,
What are the pro and con when selecting an automatic flowering cannabis strain? I have never used them thinking the bugs needed ironed out like when the feminized first were on scene folks said they were not as potent as regular seed stock...
What say you bro?
The potency of autos is just as high as photo plants now, so that's not a downside. But whatever training you want to do runs up against the internal flowering clock of an auto, and some cooperate and some don't. There are some huge autoflower plants on this site, but I find that growing them outside is too much of a crap shoot, so I rarely grow them any more. I think the last AK-47 auto I harvested was almost two years ago.

I've harvested anywhere from 9 to 171 grams off an auto. Some flower at 19 days and some at 40, depending on how they feel about the being outside in my backyard. Indoor growers get much more consistent results. Still less control than photos.

Last night I accidentally left a small supplemental 12W LED bulb I use on all night long in the flower room. I never plug anything in the garden without considering for shutoffs. Well I am also doing electrical upgrades to the flower room running two new breakers and outlets where I need them and I goofed up. All proud of the new circuit powering up the light I never put it on timer.
OUCH
It is like @gr865 I think said, 5 months has a lot of cultivation days.

So I am already grumpy and its only around 7 am. I have 3 OG GSC seeds waterboarding for two days now and the hulls are sealed up tighter than a frogs behind. These beans are from my Spanish friends at Dinafem and this is another reason to find a good discreet US supplier. They are sitting on my wifi modem at a perfect 79 degrees in a baggie wrapped in a moist paper towel. I am not the most experienced grower around, but slow poppers make slow growers I've been told.
Should I move on and abandon the frog eggs?

So I am already grumpy and its only around 7 am. I have 3 OG GSC seeds waterboarding for two days now and the hulls are sealed up tighter than a frogs behind. These beans are from my Spanish friends at Dinafem and this is another reason to find a good discreet US supplier. They are sitting on my wifi modem at a perfect 79 degrees in a baggie wrapped in a moist paper towel. I am not the most experienced grower around, but slow poppers make slow growers I've been told.
Should I move on and abandon the frog eggs?

I suggest starting a new set of beans while continuing to coax the current ones out of their shells. I like temps pushing 90º for germination. I don't know the specific temp other than to describe it as slightly better than warm, like warm on the touch.

Another 'weird' practice I have when prepping my seed sandwich is that I drench the paper towels past saturation, then while hanging heavy and gushing water, pinch the perimeter to bleed off the extra water from the outer 1/4 while leaving the center completely drenched, then like bud drying, the wetness in the middle bleeds out to the dryer freshly pinched areas to even out the water pressure.

This I find to be a great way of regulating how damp I get my cloth and I find that better than warm and very moist to be the best starting environment. I've had plenty of plants start in 18 hours then put down roots to then grow super slow, lol. Do ensure then when folding the wettish towel over your seeds that you make effort to leave some air pockets in there.

Back in the early 90s when I was a curious teen, I used to germinate brick seeds by the 50s in a wash cloths and I think that was better. It held a lot more air, so I know air in there is important. Also, when sealing the ziplock, get it to pillow to hold air inside.

FYI, I use a heat mat, but then stack up layers of bath towel as the heat mat is far too hot. I bet if you use 2 teacup saucers like a clam shell on your router, you might be able to get it just the right amount warmer than 79 w/o over doing it?

putting two saucers opposite each other then placing the baggie atop? That will increase my temps?

putting two saucers opposite each other then placing the baggie atop? That will increase my temps?

no, lmao, in between like a clam. I'm just spit balling ideas.

I was grumpy so I got a little better with some of my last flower>:bongrip: so I was not following :bongrip:why you were laughing.
Now I can't stop.
I am a regular wiz kid. LOL

Truth be told I watched the Captain Style video again our bro @Skybound shared, and have gotten pretty excited. What I was struck bye and had me watch it again was the garden layout. I have laid claim to over a third of the basement yet only use about 2 square meters. I think it is because I first tried growing in a 4 person dome tent in that area of the basement before I put up walls. I got compact when I don't need to be. With my bad back making a scrog is less and less appealing, and having more plants in different stages of flower. Why can't I think of this kind of stuff? Dang.

I got 3 Northern Lights in a cloth, in a baggie, I sealed while chanting old hobbit sayings sitting atop ye ol modem. :)

and having more plants in different stages of flower. Why can't I think of this kind of stuff?

It's called perpetual harvest. This is how I've been on for the last 4 years. I started with 2 4x4 rooms, then built a 3rd and had each plant 3 weeks apart which times 3 plants is 9 weeks which is perfect for most strains. Instead of trimming 3 huge plants, you can trim one, then 3 weeks another etc. It divides the work load, the only catch is you need a dedicated space for veg and increment your cloning accordingly. In a few days I will be building a 9x9 room with a dedicated mini split AC, so instead of having 3 4x4 spaces, I will have 9 3x3 spaces and can triple my count and then trim one a week. It's taken me years of inching investments from thin profits, but I will be taking an overall reduction in plant size due to now growing in soil only. I will miss hydro and the level of control I had, but at least I can geek out a little bit plotting out the soil comp before mixing and the supplemental ferts.

Can’t wait to see your 9x9 in action.

As soon as I get a few dollars, I'll be spending my last pennies to build it out, so hopefully in a week it'll all be done.

While out with the pooch for a drive in the country it occurred to me :bongrip: the idea of @Skybound "geeking out on soil", and it sounds very good for all 420. Indeed, :bongrip: you should have an apprentice tag along. :) Just sayin

While out with the pooch for a drive in the country it occurred to me :bongrip: the idea of @Skybound "geeking out on soil", and it sounds very good for all 420. Indeed, :bongrip: you should have an apprentice tag along. :) Just sayin

I'm not yet an apprentice, I'm just confident what I learned about nutrient salts and how they relate to "soil" which essentially is just Faux Mix with added amendments and nutrient salts mixed together, lol. It will be a while yet before I grow plants that have great results. I'm my own crash test dummy.

Wow! So you have 9 lights already?

No, but when I build a 9x9 room, most of my 3 COB fixtures plus a 600w HID should be enough to cover 81 square feet. I'll have 1 cool tube in the middle adorned with 16 COBs. I have 18 COBs now, but can only think to use 16 to make an even square around the HID.

This was kinda planned as drying scares me when I drop more than one plant at a time. Mix stuff up. Slow Harvest rates are based upon breeder’s maximum flower time recommendations. Actual harvest times are dictated by trichome expression. The next six Sunday’s are going to be special. :)

Cali Orange Cultivar #1 (early pheno?) USMC B-Day Nov 10

Northern Lights Nov 17

Ocean Grown Girl Scout Cookies Nov 24

Cali Orange Cultivar #2 (full flower) Dec 1

Cali Clone #1 Dec 8

Cali Clone #2 Dec 15th

Stuff looks good on paper. We will see.

For what it is worth
A small dab from my feco syringe in the middle of a puck.
fold puck and smoke
keeps cali 1 alive for another day.
being out of smoke blows when I am sitting so pretty in just a few more days.
ugh

Back
Top Bottom