Exceptionally High FECO Yields

In past photography of the main flowerbed my recent use of supplemental lighting is captured. Single bulbs illuminating weak spots in the canopy or the underside of main cola bracts. Those bulbs I am using I thought were cheap gimmicks and I had never really used them before this grow. They work. They work really well. I have had to turn off a pair of them hanging in the clone closet. The seedling's attraction (shade avoidance) to this luminary is counterproductive. The seedlings will bend in half and fall over growing towards these bulbs in spite of two full spectrum LED sources directly above them. It was kinda fun playing with it. sorry

I grabbed a picture of the box the bulbs came in. If anyone is interested lmk and I can fetch my amalizard purchase record and get a link.

Meja study update;
can phenotypic expressions of flower count, density, and mass vary too extremes with hybrids? If the Cali Orange (50/50) strain grows out with several distinct phenotypes as could be expected from a hybrid this makes drawing any conclusions less desirable. the plant under our immediate observation was treated with a 100 ppm. MeJA ester foliar elicitor on flower day #40. Comparative observations from the already harvested Cali Orange cultivar that was not treated are of little value in that first and foremost, the smaller pheno flowered out quickly and with fewer and smaller flower bracts.

This treated Cali Orange is still actively flowering and comparisons are not presented well. The flower mass I would estimate being well over a 40 - 60 percent increase in comparison with our not treated Cali. Too much cleavage between the ladies for a good study. sorry

I still can't wait too do a extraction measurement using both alcohol and rosin pressing methods.

Meja study update;
can phenotypic expressions of flower count, density, and mass vary too extremes with hybrids? If the Cali Orange (50/50) strain grows out with several distinct phenotypes as could be expected from a hybrid this makes drawing any conclusions less desirable. the plant under our immediate observation was treated with a 100 ppm. MeJA ester foliar elicitor on flower day #40. Comparative observations from the already harvested Cali Orange cultivar that was not treated are of little value in that first and foremost, the smaller pheno flowered out quickly and with fewer and smaller flower bracts.

This treated Cali Orange is still actively flowering and comparisons are not presented well. The flower mass I would estimate being well over a 40 - 60 percent increase in comparison with our not treated Cali. Too much cleavage between the ladies for a good study. sorry

I still can't wait too do a extraction measurement using both alcohol and rosin pressing methods.

Your tests will yield the highest degree of accuracy when working from clone stock as you will then have pinpointed a specific phenotype, irregardless of which, just as long as it's the same. When working from clone stock, you develop the needed experience with that strain/pheno to know if the MeJa is producing more than average trichomes or not. If just spit balling, I think you should be using full strength (146ppm?) to have the best chance of producing a meaningful result.

Your tests will yield the highest degree of accuracy when working from clone stock as you will then have pinpointed a specific phenotype, irregardless of which, just as long as it's the same. When working from clone stock, you develop the needed experience with that strain/pheno to know if the MeJa is producing more than average trichomes or not. If just spit balling, I think you should be using full strength (146ppm?) to have the best chance of producing a meaningful result.
I agree about clone stock needed for studies. We squirted it knowing that, but couldn't resist seeing what if anything happened. I like the full throttle sound of 150 ppm but in talking with PG they advised most applications are obtaining best results at the lower dose. This also seems to be the case with most of the abstracts I am studying. Less is more until proven otherwise.

And Sky,
What I am already seeing would have me jumping up and down if I had a better control sample. The difference is like night and day. The treated plant shows zero senescence and the lamina are plastered turgid with enhanced shade avoidance. The flower buds are over/well over twice the size of our other Cali. The buds are actively producing fresh pistillate concentrations on this 57th day of flower. We are only a few weeks from having two clones at our target DIF 40.
I can't wait. I am more excited now more than anything. Thanks

The buds are actively producing fresh pistillate concentrations on this 57th day of flower

Growing new pistils late in bloom is indicative of fox tailing which though adds to the overall yield, does make the buds unsightly, plus also alters the canna profile be the introduction of fresh clear trics. Is the intended purpose of MeJa not to produce new trics only? Foxtailing usually occurs when the climate is less than ideal and the plant is stressed to such a degree, that it grows the tails.

Growing new pistils late in bloom is indicative of fox tailing which though adds to the overall yield, does make the buds unsightly, plus also alters the canna profile be the introduction of fresh clear trics. Is the intended purpose of MeJa not to produce new trics only? Foxtailing usually occurs when the climate is less than ideal and the plant is stressed to such a degree, that it grows the tails.
never heard of fox tailing, not concerned about appearance so much, we hope to stimulate trichome production but have no clue what to expect because the interactions of the phytohormone clan are many, with little understood or documented especially with regard to cannabis. we are studying stress to produce more and even possibly better medicine like I have done with drought. uncharted water and blame none for walking away from this ill prepared and continually evolving thread. but yeah, we are squirting liquid stress on them 100 ppm at a time. LOL

The idea that strategically-applied stress would produce consistent results has intrigued me from the beginning.

I’m pleased as punch to see you playing. Keep it up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

never heard of fox tailing, not concerned about appearance so much, we hope to stimulate trichome production but have no clue what to expect because the interactions of the phytohormone clan are many, with little understood or documented especially with regard to cannabis. we are studying stress to produce more and even possibly better medicine like I have done with drought. uncharted water and blame none for walking away from this ill prepared and continually evolving thread. but yeah, we are squirting liquid stress on them 100 ppm at a time. LOL

I didn't phrase it correctly. Fox tails look like them little corn cobs used in soup, but they grow from ripening buds and are a new cluster of calyxes that have new pistils and new trichomes. The problem comes when your original trichomes mature in the natural order of things, but now having X amount of new trichomes, the overall ripeness is altered because of all of the new clear trics needing to be considered when contemplating your cloudy and amber tric ratios. Imagine last week your trics are mostly all cloudy with a few amber, but this week you need to add back roughly 50% new clear trics. That can drastically influence when your ideal harvest window is. Liquid stress is great so long as the result is more trics growth at the application time, but if it translates into late bloom new growth, I lost interest.

Thanks Sky,
As always you give me lots of information that takes me more than just a few minutes too consider. I realize many growers (like myself) hope and wish to grow peacefully with the plants like my friend Emilya practices. There are also growers not inclined to increase the number of days until a harvest unless...

That is not what I am trying to do with my studies. I am not and never will be a master grower, and have no formal training in botany. But my years spent as a data miner researching public maritime shipping equities has been replaced with my desire to research experimental cultivation methods with hopes that I can help with the bigger picture of medicinal cannabis cultivation practices. I might just point some wiz kid in the right direction with this stuff.

or even better thought
blind squirrels occasionally find a nut
we could get lucky and find one of the keys :)

I’m pleased as punch to see you playing. Keep it up. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Ton Miles
A unit of significance to those involved in the carriage of goods on the high seas. Ton miles as the name implies is a measure of the amount of something moved so many miles. This maritime trivia came to mind as I considered @SweetSue comments.

Hi Sue,
As I have privately indicated to you, I have been inspired by the likes of yourself, Penny and the Shed. The amount of Love I see moved through your interactions brings me to reconsider your 420 crown titles of Member of the Year. I think moving forward, I will just consider you three as Ton Mile'rs. Moving Tons of Love around the globe. Awesome!
This is what has driven me in this research. I want to help also. Help folks by doing what I do best. Basically a form of intellectual theft, but with some Robin Hoodness too it. Got my hand slapped recently at a favorite botanical library. My bad, LOL. :)

Hahaha! I can see that happening to me. :laughtwo:

We will be visiting the hospice crew tonight up at Hines. While spreading some 420 love, I will tell the men you all said hello. They love hearing about the war against prohibition we are waging here. :) A war story that we can all enjoy talking about.

We will be visiting the hospice crew tonight up at Hines. While spreading some 420 love, I will tell the men you all said hello. They love hearing about the war against prohibition we are waging here. :) A war story that we can all enjoy talking about.

Thank you. :hug: I’ll be thinking of them as I make my way through this delicious day.

Hugs all around.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Ahoy 420,
We ran in to @survivorx2 and his wife up at the hospital. Great folks. He is upgrading his lights again. :)
Going from running 4 tubes ~120W to a 600W HID w/both bulbs included.
His first girls Thelma & Louise, are in for a big surprise. So is he.

MeJA study update;
Cali Orange cultivar #2.
Flower day 60 strong aroma super sticky on the gloves.
Plant is still displaying strong shade avoidance 20 days after foliar elicitor application.
Next available test specimen is Cali O. clone sister of the control cultivar it will be compared with.
Next planned test will be applied to the lucky specimen on flower day #30 verses #40 @ 100ppm. (2 days from today).

My trip to Joliet was not a total waste of time. One of the many objections raised concerning my proposal to coordinate research studies on cannabis sativa in a classroom lab setting that I had not thought through. Security.

During the pleasant return trip home with a citrusy taste in my mouth, I agreed with the conservatives. Not good idea.
Plants would vanish. Nope...

Back
Top Bottom