Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Power went out for a second. While HID was recycling to arch I grabbed a few pics. Keep in mind the clones are not only sisters of the same mother, but taken as a paired set from the second branchial node. Pics worth a thousand words they say. Here we go !

YeeJaa!

A bit bout drought
When @stoneotter withholds fertigation, the following will occur;
The sensory molecular arrangements along the roots will begin signaling the genetic regulatory network (GRN) that several key elements have changed. Oxygen and Hydrogen markers are evaluated by the GRN and when satisfied that all is well the state of homeostasis is achieved and maintained. Now stone skips the fertigation and writes in his journal how he is experimenting.

The flowering Dard Devil as we said begins getting signals that tell her she did not get watered. This does not bother the GRN enough yet for intervention. As a few more days of drought pass the GRN is eventually overwhelmed with reports of lessening availability of moisture as more and more roots go dry. The GRN changes synthetic rates and proportions of phytohormones to sound a general alarm and deploy reserved plant defensive resources that help ensure survival. The synthesis of ABA rises with the GRN alert and aba signaling maintains primacy of the reproductive responsibilities while buffering JA signaling pathways, thereby allowing for increased production of defensive cannabinoids that will coat the florescence with a thick protective coat of resin Stone will smoke.

The ABA level changes dictate how effective JA signaling pathways stimulate protein synthesis required in cannabinoid production.

Are there other noted side effects from doing the drought, like is this something you can do multiple times or even all the time? Maybe saturate the soil then abandon until just before death then saturate again?

Do you think using MeJa spray in conjunction with the drought might be a viable practice? Maybe the drought would make the spray work better and you wouldn't need to push the drought as far?

wow i did this all wrong sorry
Are there other noted side effects from doing the drought, like is this something you can do multiple times or even all the time? Maybe saturate the soil then abandon until just before death then saturate again? Caplan pretty well debugged a bunch of these good questions with clever ancillary studies during his doctoral thesis. He found small repeated droughts, early droughts, and late droughts to be inferior or even unproductive. The good doc got stuck on the 7th week bit because that was the type chemvar he choose for study. We now know the timing must be around the 3/4 flower marker. You want time to recover her before the end of bloom. Your second idea about bloom termination drought I agree warrants investigation.

Do you think using MeJa spray in conjunction with the drought might be a viable practice? Maybe the drought would make the spray work better and you wouldn't need to push the drought as far? Hell Yes... sorry. If we learn enough about low level antagonization (and this is going well) and combine actual abiotic manipulations we may have unlocked a valuable box my friend.

what a smack i am, how did i do that to a reply?

Hell Yes... sorry. If we learn enough about low level antagonization (and this is going well) and combine actual abiotic manipulations we may have unlocked a valuable box my friend.

This is why we must resist the immediate and temporal goal of a second application we discussed on flower day 40. What if the 30 day singular application puts us in a better position of understanding how low a dose we can use and still achieve sticky bliss. This stuff is a slow process. It will help having other gardeners combining separate work into a central knowledge repository like we gots here. :bongrip:

I think maybe my answer could be misinterpreted. The application of drought induced stress is where we take advantage of natural changes in cannabinoid production caused by drought. The exogenous application of MeJA is not natural, and therefore un hobbitual. We are intentionally confounding the GRN with conflicting information. During this state of confusion, the plant reactions we are documenting one day at a time. At present the list of positive indicators far outweigh our list of concerns. Floral mass accumulations with little, too zero foliar mass growth intrigues us all night long... Read that again and smile. Good bye trim jail

We will not split hairs about the ethics. Our stated goal is to harness more cannabinoid production, and to that end we will squirt whatever we must. But our preferred approaches should remain as natural and sequenced as possible.

Straw Hat Notes;
The notion that senescence begins in late flower is not very accurate. During the photoperiod adjustments, as changing duration's of continued darkness accumulate into the collective “memory” of the GRN it the primacy of vegetative growth losing influence that signals the beginning of senescence. The ABA levels will have been reformulated to reflect the changes in darkness periods and usher in the new boss namely reproduction. As reproductive demands gain in primacy, available plant resources are allocated away from vegetative needs and applied to reproductive needs. The bell rings and the end of the material supply chain is reorganized to accommodate it’s new resident the leaf, whom now only will be given what may be leftover after sex. A tough world. tbc

The quantity of pistils on that Cali O #1 is amazing, but I still want to see the trichomes!
You and me both bro.
This is where our two aforementioned methods play into each other I think. I have not seen anything that would make me say we have an increase in trichomes related to MeJA yet. However I can pretty much promise we will be mostly setting the stage with MeJA anyway. The application seems to stimulate significant increase in floral mass. The follow thru application of the drought stress will provide the additional boost to cannabinoid production, should the MeJA leave us wanting.

Straw Hat notes;

When I was a young Marine learning avionics (jet electrician) we would meet in a sco bee doo van behind the hangar for crew meetings and to discuss aircraft malfunctions we were tasked with repairing that evening. Often times when getting into a serious troubleshooting of auto pilot systems and such we would get stoned and pretend in a sense we were the airplane. What would make my heading hold begin drifting after about an hour of flight. Hit…Hit…well we would pass the bone and speak out about what would make us lose heading. Turns out we would come up with enough good ideas it helped fix planes.

Ok 420, now I am a cannabis plant. Hit…Hit… What happens to me when that gardener fella squirts that pretty smelling shit on me? Well, first of all I get confused. What the hell time is it anyways? I don’t know come here from sick em. One minute I am sitting around making cute little flowers, next minute my pubic hair is growing in dregs. My leaf was chilled, relaxing about 45 degrees and staying out the flowers way, shit howdy …he sprays the pretty stuff and now I have a constant foliar erection. WTF do I tell the doctor bout that shit? I been flowerin bout two years seams to me, but it is my ass smellin pretty now. Just sayin…

Happy Thanksgiving all.

@Maritimer,
FYI, I will be making a batch of FECO/CCO this next week.
This is my starting material, the rinsate from about 10 zips of buds. Did a triple rinse thru doubled filters, used 8 liters of 190 proof grain alcohol, ended up with about 7 liters of rinsate.
Here are 5 plus liters of unfiltered rinsate and two liters of a last wash filtered.
20191018_120107 (2).jpg
20191018_132921 (2).jpg

The process
20191018_145652 (2).jpg

Everything mix together and ready to go into the distiller.
20191018_152819 (3).jpg
20191018_152840 (3).jpg

Expecting about 30 to 40 grams of FECO/CCO.

Y'all have a great Tday, eat, drink, smoke, vape, and nap. Repeat in the evening. :)
:passitleft:

Y'all have a great Tday, eat, drink, smoke, vape, and nap. Repeat in the evening. :)
:passitleft:
You are awesome, love your advice

Ahoy @farside05 ,
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Just a note about the headphones, as from the sound of it you enjoy the pleasantry. I sure do, but probably have little actual hearing remaining for quality sound. I worked on the flight line for thirty long cold ones. Anyhow, I am running these Edifier H840 headphones (that I had previously pictured) from a Pioneer VSX-522 amplifier and I am pleased. If you are anything like me in preferring the tuneage a tad loud, the magnets handle heavy input well.

You and @Skybound will find this a stoned but ... thanksgiving question? If I am supposed to mix my big new bag of greenway calmag with a gallon of water what size container will I need. My little plan sounds like this so far. Take empty hospital tote that holds over 2 gallons of water and don't leak. Pour 1 gallon RO water in tote. Pour contents of bag in tote. Mix and blend as needed. Bottle lable and ask you guys how to store it and use it. What ya think?

@Maritimer,
FYI, I will be making a batch of FECO/CCO this next week.
This is my starting material, the rinsate from about 10 zips of buds. Did a triple rinse thru doubled filters, used 8 liters of 190 proof grain alcohol, ended up with about 7 liters of rinsate.
Here are 5 plus liters of unfiltered rinsate and two liters of a last wash filtered.
20191018_120107 (2).jpg
20191018_132921 (2).jpg

The process
20191018_145652 (2).jpg

Everything mix together and ready to go into the distiller.
20191018_152819 (3).jpg
20191018_152840 (3).jpg

Expecting about 30 to 40 grams of FECO/CCO.
Are you blonding the chlorophyll using sunshine? It scares me to try sunshine. I will be peppering you with questions if you won't mind.

Back
Top Bottom