Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Are you blonding the chlorophyll using sunshine? It scares me to try sunshine. I will be peppering you with questions if you won't mind.

Yes, first time trying this. Not sure about it.
Ask away, if I cannot dazzle you with brilliance, I will baffle you with bullshit, :)

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:
:passitleft:

FYI, I will be making a batch of FECO/CCO this next week.
This is my starting material, the rinsate from about 10 zips of buds. Did a triple rinse thru doubled filters, used 8 liters of 190 proof grain alcohol, ended up with about 7 liters of rinsate.

Ultimate eye candy right there :) woo! I have to wait a month to do my first grow, but what does the rinsate look like frozen, is there any visible separation of the fats? I know it can be winterized by filtering but wondered if it has even a little separation without the filtering.

Ultimate eye candy right there :) woo! I have to wait a month to do my first grow, but what does the rinsate look like frozen, is there any visible separation of the fats? I know it can be winterized by filtering but wondered if it has even a little separation without the filtering.

I have not put it in the freezer since I did the filtering. Will do that tomorrow and see what we come up with.

Yes, first time trying this. Not sure about it.
Ask away, if I cannot dazzle you with brilliance, I will baffle you with bullshit, :)

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:
:passitleft:
I smoked enough bullshit to be an expert.
The concern I have would be the risk of degradation of the THC being in a glass vessel allowing trapezoidal kind of shit when sunlight gets magnified under glass and directed. Bad beamage. But I do think the Canadian Chef B also championed the practice. I am not able to test the difference via a lab and be sure we aint burning up our goods. $$$

Pun intended from seeing the empty grinder in his pics? hehe you sly one you
this may be your first grow, but im reckoning it aint your first rodeo.. LOL

I have not put it in the freezer since I did the filtering

Crack the cap in case of any expansion, would hate to see your next post start with, "Uh ohhh".

Also, I wonder how one would go about measuring the saturation of the alcohol if used to infuse multiple times? At some point you would leave behind a certain percentage of good stuff soaked into the material where it wouldn't pay to flush with fresh solvent... a diminishing return exercise. These ratios would be important, of course, because you always lose a percentage of solvent in whatever reclaiming tech you use, like distilling.

Put in the sun
20191018_120107 (2).jpg

Less than 15 minutes, this is one of the 7 bottles, they were all filtered again and mixed together. Am very curious about the final color of the oil.
20191018_153009 (2).jpg

The concern I have would be the risk of degradation of the THC

Ha, I intend to do this on PURPOSE after my next grow of the very high myrcene (47%!) strain Cherry Pie. I want that terp to convert to hashishene, so I'll get some UV-B lights and speriment :)

"The scientists at Nice predicted that beta-myrcene, the most abundant terpene in cannabis, degrades to form hashishene in the presence of light and oxygen. Presumably the rooftop sun-drying exposes beta-myrcene to enough ultraviolet to oxidize beta-myrcene to hashishene in high amounts. Since most growers in the United States abide the rules of carefully curing their cannabis and don’t just throw it on a rooftop to cook in the African sun, hashishene is a relatively rare occurrence on this side of the Atlantic in either fresh buds or extracts of any type. "

Brian my man, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Your energetic persona I already enjoyed, and now you have totally won me over.
speriment :love:

Put in the sun
20191018_120107 (2).jpg

Less than 15 minutes, this is one of the 7 bottles, they were all filtered again and mixed together. Am very curious about the final color of the oil.
20191018_153009 (2).jpg
I hope all goes well. 12 to 14% would please me right as rain. Looking at my projected numbers I can rummage up a 10 oscar run round the new year. I might be done askin you stuff by then. :)

Ahoy @farside05 ,
You and @Skybound will find this a stoned but ... thanksgiving question? If I am supposed to mix my big new bag of greenway calmag with a gallon of water what size container will I need. My little plan sounds like this so far. Take empty hospital tote that holds over 2 gallons of water and don't leak. Pour 1 gallon RO water in tote. Pour contents of bag in tote. Mix and blend as needed. Bottle lable and ask you guys how to store it and use it. What ya think?

The way I did it... I put 4qts of water in a large stock pot. Warmed the water on the stove then added the bag. Stirred until dissolved. Let it cool if needed. Then I used a funnel and poured the mixture into an empty milk jug. The little leftover I had, I put in a quart jar and used it first.

When mixing salts for concentrates, the water volume will expand, so if for instance mixing up a gallon of concentrate and you begin with a full gallon of water, pour some of that water into a separate cup, then mix your salts into the larger part of water, shake till salts dissolve, then top off with that cup of water as needed to make it a full gallon.

edit

re: aba link in pgr management
dc

Ahoy 420,
Maybe I should go back to bed and start over. posting e-mail content in our thread (see above) instead of who I was sending e-mail too. I'm talking with a friend down under. Well I was, now ... where is my bong?

sorry bout that penny
i edited out the correspondence you saw. lol

straw hat notes;
we reluctantly are determining the notion of our mid bloom antagonistic manipulation is not timed appropriately. the reactions observed are not in line with our projected morphology. we are missing the bus. we do not want to crowd the field during pp adjustment re-balancing so next runs will be modeled for days 20 and 10 events.

we may be firing a cannon with no ball loaded.
not seeing the increased oil production/ only the floral mass accumulations.
plants are doing fine considering
pictures after lights out this pm

next available specimens will not be considered (monsters) so i will be dead in the water for a while.
dang

Ahoy @gr865 @Skybound
talking with the wife, decided the yield from our monster clones will be dedicated to making me medicine. according to her the cac can be felt (don't hurt) in my neck/throat and the weight loss has her freaking out. so in the meantime I am gonna get a smaller batch extracted sooner than we originally planned. the 90 grams in ~100 days will maybe morph into 100g/100d. promised her this would happen, so I will be hanging from your coat tail a while gaining confidence in the meds I will try to make. Many many thanks.

edit; this is a explanation of my assinine morning. my apologies for the drama
about 0800 shit hit the fan. misses walks thru my den with computer displaying some bottles of rinsate pictured outside. whats this she asks. I answer innocently a friend is helping me make medicine for XXX. BEZERKO in an instant. Now instead of helping a needy person who would benefit, we will be using the same medicine for un tested therapies being used to target cac. the tempo of my studies will be offset nah destroyed by this turn of events. frick

At 10% return I need 1000 grams of flower to make 100 grams feco? It will take forever for me to accumulate 100 grams at my current production level. guess I need to order that light she resisted me buying in the past.
beach :love:

Back
Top Bottom