Exceptionally High FECO Yields

I get stuck on shells all the time, and I always went right to the tweezers, but next time I'll try the water drops. Thanks Penny!

I started planting my seeds a tad deeper and solved my helmet issues.

Agreed. I sprout in Jiffy plugs. Started putting them in deeper. Might not break ground for an extra day, but I haven't had a helmet since.

soften the husk before you try surgery

I've performed cesareans on ailing mother guppies.. oh what we do for our hobbies :)

$756 per zip
This makes the $90 I paid for an oz in Colorado in February 2019 the deal of the century! Well, half a century... I paid $40 an oz for mexican brick weed in the 70s :)

I'm pretty sure if you buy an ounce they don't charge 28x the gram price! Even eighths aren't 3.5 times the gram price. Discounts in quantity even at the dispensary :).
I heard, but did not see eighth's for 60.

Forced into firing up another light.

Ahoy there,
I saw a picture today while out visiting @Preston9mm and it got me thinking. In his garden he has some seedlings in plastic solo cups, and he had added moisture domes to further the cause. My immediate thought was to race downstairs and install domes on all (especially the TC) my seedlings. I am hip to learn new stuff. But..

remember yesterday I had a problem with a helmet stuck on my TC seedlings head. I knew about intervention with tweezers. My question was should intervention be applied to a seedling? Should we help a seedling along with a moisture dome? The grower who invented cannabis did not provide moisture domes, and then only the strongest shall survive.

This all comes from a botanist friend of mine who insists a plant needs rigor to be "fit" and thrive. Seedlings that do not make it are often not supposed too. A person not exposed to germs, becomes ill more easily than one exposed to them kind of thoughts.

Do we gardeners bring unfit seedlings along, only to be disappointed three months later?

not calling you out P, I still want to do it.
just thinking too much LOL

I like to think of it as an insurance policy to ensure they jump off on a good start. I'm sure they would all grow out just fine without the domes, but "just fine" is never good enough for ppl like us. I try to improve every aspect of environment that I have control over.

My RH is currently at 35% in the veg box, I see the domes to be an easier solution than the huey... for now. Either way, domes or humidifier, I'd be intervening to keep things as close to "perfect" as I can.
:thumb:

Whoever came to the belief that no assistance should be given never paid $20 per seed. I think the canna facet of gardening is distinguished because of the cost of seeds. Now back in the 90s when we all had thousands of bag seeds to screw around with, that's a different story, but I'm of the same persuasion as Preston in that I want to influence in every way in my ability to push an otherwise runt seedling till harvest as I already invested the time needed to get them to bloom. My practice is to cull out the weaker strains on the 2nd round, but all seeds that sprout, I'm sending to bloom.

I will give them mouth to mouth if I thought it would help.
A no brainer, now that the sun is up and I am rethinking my rethinking.
Getting ready to put my domes on the seedlings. :)

Should we help a seedling along with a moisture dome?

From my extensive reading and limited experience I keep a dome on with near 100% humidity for week #1, or until the first set of real leaves peak out. For the following week, which I consider the first week of veg, they go under the veg lights. I harden them by reducing the humidity down to their final veg humidity target of 65% by gradually removing the dome (setting it on the seed tray sideways).

I find huge variability between seeds, so apart from my stupid seedling mistakes, I cull quite a few at that stage. Not sure if that's typical or not.

From my extensive reading and limited experience I keep a dome on with near 100% humidity for week #1, or until the first set of real leaves peak out. For the following week, which I consider the first week of veg, they go under the veg lights. I harden them by reducing the humidity down to their final veg humidity target of 65% by gradually removing the dome (setting it on the seed tray sideways).

I find huge variability between seeds, so apart from my stupid seedling mistakes, I cull quite a few at that stage. Not sure if that's typical or not.
I have taken the measure under consideration and have installed "P Caps" on all of my seedlings.
This will become SOP in all future garden runs I tend.
I hope someday it will be me with a cool idea.
P Caps :)

This may not qualify as a cool idea, but after careless consideration I present the following thought. Like so many other desolate and poor folks, who are still smokers, I have taken to rolling my own. A carton runs around $90 and this way about $16. Yeah, they are not the best.

Here is my great idea. While using my trim tray to roll filtered smokes, I repeatedly added cannabis to the tray. If someone was so inclined, he or she could get stoned and not have to have a cigarette after.

Well, there it is in black and white. Remember, you heard it here first.
Dang
Smooth :bongrip:

This nectar toy is the stuff LOL

I repeatedly added cannabis to the tray

Ha, brilliant! Psychologists use that exact method to encourage their clients to confront difficult tasks and/or break bad habits... break it up into tiny steps so you know you can handle the first step with ease, then do the second step, third, etc. until in short order you find yourself completing the journey.

Using cannabis to gradually replace your tobacco LOL LOVE IT!

If or when I start rolling my own cigs, I am most definitely gonna spike em with herb!

:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom