Exceptionally High FECO Yields

I finally quit coming up on a year ago but found that after a few days of no cigs, I couldn't stomach the tarry taste that I all of a sudden tasted for the first time when smoking weed. I didn't smoke pot for like 3 weeks and had to ease my way back into it. I used the patches BTW. Very rough around the edges, but I had just enough will power to get me through. Every once in a while I catch my body fiending but that feeling creeps up less and less as the days progress. I hope you're successful because I know the pain of smoking and not smoking. Both suck, but at least not smoking increases the chances of not drowning in phlegm.

I went through the same with cigarettes and Copenhagen dip. Quitting that dip was the hardest thing ever. I basically kept it in my mouth all day long unless I was sleeping. Horrible, nasty crap...but, addiction is addicting.

I tip my hat to anyone who manages to get away from the nicotine grasp.

I quit cigs in the late 80's. I was building and growing in a golf course in NorCal at the time and was there daylight to dark.
I was smoking packs of cigs a day and just got tired of it, had been smoking since I was a teen, so well over 30 yrs. Was sitting in my office one afternoon lit a cig and looked down to realize I had two going in the ashtray.
My assistant was laughing his ass off at me and I said fuck it I quit. Have never smoked since.

It is all in the mind, there is physical addiction that you have to get passed but once there it's a piece of cake.

there is physical addiction that you have to get passed but once there it's a piece of cake.

For me, this was almost a full year. Just gotta find a new thought to cling to when those feelings arise. My body used to remind me of the satisfaction and gratification it would get when I get that first drag after hours of none. I had to learn to suppress that urge. I bet normal people could get a placebo effect from hitting a blunt, but my tolerance has always been too low to go that route. i envy average smokers, I've always been a one hit wonder.

For me, this was almost a full year. Just gotta find a new thought to cling to when those feelings arise. My body used to remind me of the satisfaction and gratification it would get when I get that first drag after hours of none. I had to learn to suppress that urge. I bet normal people could get a placebo effect from hitting a blunt, but my tolerance has always been too low to go that route. i envy average smokers, I've always been a one hit wonder.
I've been trying to quit recently... been smoking for about 25 years now. Generally a pack+ a day.

I started rolling joints with CBD flower to puff on when I get cravings. Seems to be helping, depending on what kind of day I'm having, but I'm still downing 1/2 pack a day. Hope to squash it completely this time...
:lot-o-toke:

I've been trying to quit recently... been smoking for about 25 years now. Generally a pack+ a day.

I started rolling joints with CBD flower to puff on when I get cravings. Seems to be helping, depending on what kind of day I'm having, but I'm still downing 1/2 pack a day. Hope to squash it completely this time...
:lot-o-toke:

I commend you for your achievement, but we all know that it's an all or none situation. I started at the ripe old age of 10 and didn't quit till I was 43. There was afew times I successfully quit, but like the jackass I am, I played with fire and went back. Each time quitting was brutal, and rightfully so as my body would DT. You got to teach yourself how to suppress that demon. CBD doobs sound like a great idea because you're still smoking something, and I bet that would keep you from staying cooked all day. If it were up to me, Tobacco and Cannabis would trade places on the drug schedule in the federal code, then only the most dedicated smokers would be puffing, lol.

I hope you can find the strength to fully quit because that half ass attempt will have a half ass result. I personally did not have the strength without help, but so far I've been able to quit the first time with prayer/fasting, the 2nd time with vaping, and now this time from the patches. All 3 were still tough as hell and it was rough on my body, but they each gave me just enough of the push I needed to get past the hardest parts. Good luck man!

MeJA Study update;
If looks could kill.
The monster clones got to watch everyone else getting sloppy with Mega Crop, as they enter the third day of applied drought. In previous meja recipients (Cali O clone) the application of drought to a treated cultivar was successful. The smaller monster clone in this study has been treated twice with a 100 ppm. foliar meja ester and indications are to this point suggesting the exogenous application of the phytohormone increases the amount of flower and the concentration of essential oils within the flowers. Not casting a vote yet, just keeping track of accumulating successes.

We are very pleased to report the Cali Orange clone treated with our ester was harvested, dried and cured and is being consumed with great satisfaction. For real. :bongrip:

@Graytail was it you with the old leaf you wondered about cloning? I still don't got anything for that but check this out. Remember at Christmas I said a 420 Santa had gifted me seed stock? Just got done talking with him and some of the seeds are from the 70's. They were passed on to him by an old friend who had stored them in a safe environment.

Gosh, I remember the flavors of some old strains. I can't wait to see if any will be true time capsules.
Thanks again
Santa

@Graytail was it you with the old leaf you wondered about cloning? I still don't got anything for that but check this out. Remember at Christmas I said a 420 Santa had gifted me seed stock? Just got done talking with him and some of the seeds are from the 70's. They were passed on to him by an old friend who had stored them in a safe environment.

Gosh, I remember the flavors of some old strains. I can't wait to see if any will be true time capsules.
Thanks again
Santa

Nope, not me, but it rings a bell - someone mentioned tissue culturing lately. I've seen discussions, and my latest sense it that it's a lot harder than you might think. In a working lab, it's straightforward, but not so much for the hobbyist type guy.

I have several thousand seeds I collected from brickweed over the years, but I just kept them in a plastic film container. I've tried to sprout them, but the best I've gotten is cracked seeds with a line of white inside - they don't escape the shell. And remember - these will be landrace, so it'll most likely be just average weed. If we could pheno search with a couple hundred, THAT would be interesting.

:bongrip:

I hadn't thought of the landrace scenario. Still even with that said, I wonder if with better substrate, better nutrition, better weather, if these would not do much better than what the parent plants ever did?

That taste of real blond Colombian gold was ... Golden. :) Wishful thinking.

This is my plan unless you guys give me a better idea with these "classic seeds".

Mrs. Maritimer has a stainless steel nail file I intend to borrow. Plan to dunk the file for a while in Everclear, killing whatever might be on the file. Next, I plan to gently sand the seed on the taproot end a smidge, hitting along the lateral seams as well. Prior to the seeds being sanded I will soak them in regular tap water at room temp for about 2 hours. The chemicals in the tap water can help clean and defunk germs on the seed husk.

Then regular waterboarding on the wifi modem with fingers crossed. :)

It's a crapshoot. There's a 420Mag member who has saved and properly stored his seeds for decades, and his come up as well as the average commercial ones do. He's kept his frozen the whole time.

:goodluck: :bongrip:

Are there studies showing that Meja is safer than the other PGRs, some of which show up as a concern regarding human health effects?

Here's a study I skimmed through that has positive leaning language from my first impression. I used Ctrl/F to search for "human" on that page. The paragraph with footnotes numbered in the low 70s was where I saw the positive language. It's hard to query the web this way, ie seeking proof that something is safe. It's usually studies that prove something isn't safe and the lack of that data IMO proves the counter.

Methyl Jasmonate: An Alternative for Improving the Quality and Health Properties of Fresh Fruits

Several epidemiological studies show that human diets rich in fruits [74] and natural polyphenols synthetized by plants [75] can reduce the risk of chronic and degenerative diseases, such as cancer

Thanks SB, great find! One thing that's hard to find is testing on inhaled vs ingested product.

I would agree as burning alters the chemistry of things significantly. Generally speaking, the company that MT got the MeJA from only sells PGRs that have been proven safe. They are well aware of the nasty shit that was around from the 90s and forward 20 or so years, and they don't sell any of that stuff. TBH, IDK if anybody does any more. The site is called "Pwer Grown" FYI if you want to check them out.

The effects of human consumption of meja treated cannabis via smoking has not been documented or elucidated through any research. zip. not been done.
The ester I produced is similar to the product sprayed on thousands of acres edible crops. I know we don't smoke grapes, or rice, but I think the concerns would require studies that my research has been unable to find. There are legitimate reasons to investigate this, should meja application become any sort of cultivation practice. Not my worry as I am smoking the sh t out of the treated harvests.

I'm OK...right?

Back
Top Bottom