Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Being casual is a bonus.
Always! Well, almost always...
It could be, but honestly a quadline will do you much, much better in the long run. It's pretty simple LST though. You just bend the plant over, and train it out the edge of the container. Then from there, you train it around the edge and back to about where you started. Then flip.
The only issue you run into with training around the pot is that the inside branching all ends up squeezed in the middle and you have to take a lot of it off. Imagine what this would have looked like if I had turned it back around! Unless you're in a 15-20 gallon pot with plenty of width.

I agree that a quad is the way to go here.

Always! Well, almost always...

The only issue you run into with training around the pot is that the inside branching all ends up squeezed in the middle and you have to take a lot of it off. Imagine what this would have looked like if I had turned it back around! Unless you're in a 15-20 gallon pot with plenty of width.

I agree that a quad is the way to go here.

True enough. I’d have been in deep shit with my lemon drop auto had I done that. She has side branches out the ass.

Quad is definitely the way to go when at all possible.

Imagine what this would have looked like if I had turned it back around! Unless you're in a 15-20 gallon pot with plenty of width.
So after I up pot do I continue holding the main down? It looks like that is what you did, while strapping side branches down. I started to let mine grow vertical by mistake then?

Ahoy @Emilya ,
It has been far too long since I paid you respects and just said hello, not withstanding that I also have a question for you. A well respected grower has told me you have a harvest weighing model that interests me. Something about weight divided by 4 and 10 percent? At the end of the day, it is my 62% stable R/H weight that I hope to forecast with your model. Do you know what I mean?

I know you are really busy so I didn't want to jump your thread.
Thanks

Ahoy @Emilya ,
It has been far too long since I paid you respects and just said hello, not withstanding that I also have a question for you. A well respected grower has told me you have a harvest weighing model that interests me. Something about weight divided by 4 and 10 percent? At the end of the day, it is my 62% stable R/H weight that I hope to forecast with your model. Do you know what I mean?

I know you are really busy so I didn't want to jump your thread.
Thanks
Hi! Sorry I don't keep up with all of the daily threads... there are just too many of them! I am always happy to come by when called though!
My formula is for figuring dry weight at the point of harvest, when you are hanging the branches to dry. After I have removed the branches from the main plant and stripped off all of the fan leaves and done a light trim, they are ready to hang up. This is when I weigh the entire bunch. Knowing that our product dries to about 1/4 of the wet weight, the formula is as follows:
wet weight - 10% (the branches) / 4 = dry weight

This simple method actually turns out to be quite accurate when we dry and cure down to about 62%.

Good luck! I hope you end up with a lot! :love:

Em

Hi! Sorry I don't keep up with all of the daily threads... there are just too many of them! I am always happy to come by when called though!
My formula is for figuring dry weight at the point of harvest, when you are hanging the branches to dry. After I have removed the branches from the main plant and stripped off all of the fan leaves and done a light trim, they are ready to hang up. This is when I weigh the entire bunch. Knowing that our product dries to about 1/4 of the wet weight, the formula is as follows:
wet weight - 10% (the branches) / 4 = dry weight

This simple method actually turns out to be quite accurate when we dry and cure down to about 62%.

Good luck! I hope you end up with a lot! :love:

Em
Thanks Em,
I have two Northern Lights about to come down and I am pretty jazzed about their potential. I gardened them in @farside05 faux@ Pro-Mix feeding the Mega Crop and wow. They are very happy and soon will be making people very happy. :)

Ahoy 420,
I am catching some grief from the wife about my "supposed" gardening skills. She has now purchased a fourth Aloe plant from the nursery and has politely asked me to ask my "real gardener friends on that 420 thing" so here I go. Has anyone ever gardened a Aloe plant and had it survive longer than a couple months? I have not. I kill them faster than cannabis clones, and that is fast. She has a fondness for that particular plant species and she acknowledges her lack of a green thumb. I on the other hand proudly claim to be capable, only to fail miserably three times and counting. Help!

Ahoy 420,
I am catching some grief from the wife about my "supposed" gardening skills. She has now purchased a fourth Aloe plant from the nursery and has politely asked me to ask my "real gardener friends on that 420 thing" so here I go. Has anyone ever gardened a Aloe plant and had it survive longer than a couple months? I have not. I kill them faster than cannabis clones, and that is fast. She has a fondness for that particular plant species and she acknowledges her lack of a green thumb. I on the other hand proudly claim to be capable, only to fail miserably three times and counting. Help?

They don't like being extremely wet, go easy with the water. They don't like high intensity light. Mine sits in the middle of an office and gets light from a window that about 6 foot away. I had one in my tent for a while but it likes the lower intensity light better. They don't seem to like high doses of nutes. 2-3g of Mega Crop per gallon, every other watering should be fine.

^^ This.

Light water, not overly often. They like dry. So a nice dry out cycle between is good. If it's small, maybe 1g/gal on every other watering would suffice for a while, and probably not right away. I'm not 100% sure, but most plants have a little food in their medium when you buy them.

So after I up pot do I continue holding the main down? It looks like that is what you did, while strapping side branches down. I started to let mine grow vertical by mistake then?
Dunno about anything being a mistake, but I do want mine to grow at least out to the edge of the final pot before I let them go vertical. Mine is ready to go up, if it turns out to be a female that is :cheesygrinsmiley:.

Dunno about anything being a mistake, but I do want mine to grow at least out to the edge of the final pot before I let them go vertical. Mine is ready to go up, if it turns out to be a female that is :cheesygrinsmiley:.
Fingers crossed you get a female..
When you let them go vertical after the edge has been reached do you continue to hold down the stem while allowing the new growth only to go vertical, or do you let the stem loose at the same time as new growth? I hope you see this tonight.

My efforts at committing the cultivars to Quadlining was a bust, I must confess. My friend @multiVortex provided a play by play I followed too a tee on one Cheese plant. I think it went as smooth as silk, and a video would have shown me like a skilled surgeon taking her carefully apart during the Quad trims. Smooth.

Now about the other Five candidates. 5 excuses maybe, but next run can all count on a Quad cut.

1. The other Cheese is a different Pheno and has more branches than the burning bush already. I could not inflict the amputations without threatening the cultivar.
2 & 3. Both Alaskan Purples are over-bent and the stress knuckles are not forming very fast.
4. Cali Orange was the fastest growing from day 1 and the trend continues. Sativa in her blood ya know. Branches everywhere looking great.
5. Barney's Farm Triple Cheese got off to a slow start with helmet surgery so I was really happy to find under her top sun leaves is another great looking network of branches. Too many to cut off.

Ahoy 420,
Another moment where I can put my failures to good use and post about them so others might not repeat my folly. After all kinds of soul searching I have asked the wife to order Clonex@ rooting gel. I have concoctions galore for future studies about cloning but need reliable results for a while.
I should have listened to Shed a year ago LOL. :bongrip:

If she hasn't put the order in, I'd recommend Dip'n Grow liquid off Amazon. I'm close to 100% success since I switched.
Awesome save, well sort of. I hurry upstairs to tell her and she hasn't moved since I asked her to place the order. Something about a masked singer on tv and kiss her ss.
Well I will take matters in my own hands now.
Begging always eventually works.
Thanks bro :love:

Back
Top Bottom