Exceptionally High FECO Yields

I'd take those "presents"!
Hi Farside,
You can take some measure of pride in knowing folks you have never met are directly benefiting from your gifts of knowledge that you and others have patiently given me. They know your name up in the hospice ward, and to them you are a real life hero.
This stuff is real. :love:

Hi Farside,
You can take some measure of pride in knowing folks you have never met are directly benefiting from your gifts of knowledge that you and others have patiently given me. They know your name up in the hospice ward, and to them you are a real life hero.
This stuff is real. :love:

Wow, what to say. I'm honored. It was actually a goal (beyond getting my wife off the opiates) when I started, to be able to help someone else out along the way. I've got someone that I'm making gummies for that has Huntington's Disease and it's helped her quality of life. I guess I never fathomed the multiplier effect of being able to help another grower, who in turn would be helping others. Real cool! I guess it's like the game "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" only with weed.

Just got done chatting with Herbies. Looking at the tracking data we agree my order was confiscated by customs although I have to wait until Monday (20 days) until Herbie calls it lost. They tell me we will work out compensation. That sure better mean a replacement order in the mail pronto. Did not sound that promising. Anyone else have this happen?

Well deserved FS, and Maritimer, you're a class act, it's a great pleasure to know you.
Thanks Brian,
I was just thinking about you today as I readied the garden for tomorrows harvest. I still weigh and record everything. I enjoy (sort of) the discipline of statistical analysis even though I have modest formal training in such. At the end of the day the numbers won't lie. That is what I enjoy so much about Doctor Caplans studies. Please tell me you have them safely stored on a device trustworthy. It is an example in proper control modeling for studies that will give any numbers geek enjoyment.

Hope you are well. :)

Just got done chatting with Herbies. Looking at the tracking data we agree my order was confiscated by customs although I have to wait until Monday (20 days) until Herbie calls it lost. They tell me we will work out compensation. That sure better mean a replacement order in the mail pronto. Did not sound that promising. Anyone else have this happen?

No sweat. :cheesygrinsmiley: Herbies is great to deal with.

I had a batch of seeds that didn't sprout, and all I needed was pics of the empty husks.

:thumb:

They'll probably just resend by a different method.

Straw Hat notes;
Doing some work with the ancient seed stock our 420 Santa gifted us, and having some thoughts about seed dormancy and abscisic acid. Although a thorough understanding of ABA and the maintenance of seed dormancy has not been elucidated anywhere near complete, we are sure it plays a major role.

What if ~~~
Seeds thought to be too old, and that refuse normal germination techniques can be rejuvenated when we soak them in a solution rich in ABA. As the seeds age under conditions that would not trigger germination sequencing, the ABA holds to the duty of maintaining dormancy. This is only to a point when the molecular chain of the ABA begins breaking down over time itself. Then we come along and want them to germinate. Silly Rabbits.

So we give them a soak in our magic potion of American Sycamore ala brassinoid juice and whallah! Throw the ABA treated seeds in a fresh waterboard bag and germinate on the wifi modem as normal. This is made possible by refreshing the controlling phytohormone responsible for telling the stuff inside the seed to wake up.

We will formalize a study for your considerations, when I am less enchanted. :bongrip:
Maybe this could work on old backs? Nah

My experience with Herbies is identical to Graytail's. As soon as it's evident that you're not trying to pull a fast one on them, Herbies will do the right thing in the situation. For me, it too was when my souvenirs didn't germ. Though they weren't obligated to send me new ones, they did none the less and I expect they'll certainly honor a confiscated delivery. I've never used another seed bank but Herbies so far, and I never had a problem getting an order.

My experience with Herbies is identical to Graytail's. As soon as it's evident that you're not trying to pull a fast one on them, Herbies will do the right thing in the situation. For me, it too was when my souvenirs didn't germ. Though they weren't obligated to send me new ones, they did none the less and I expect they'll certainly honor a confiscated delivery. I've never used another seed bank but Herbies so far, and I never had a problem getting an order.
Thanks Sky and GT,
They can see the tracking data. The whole thing began as a cash in the envelope drop to the other side of the world. Yucky...Then they never told me they got the cash until I got worried they never got it and texted them, and then they said oh yeah we got your cash and already mailed it out on tracking number x. Sorry, they said for not telling me they had the cash. Just a cluster puck I hope.

I am confident we will work it out now that u guys have told me all this. Thanks again.

Garden Update,
Northern Lights cultivar #1 hanging cleaned branches and buds @510 grams disappoints.
Using @Emilya forecast model 510 - 51 = 459 /4 = 114.75 grams.
She fooled me as big as she looked, but the scale does not lie.
Dang

I took to task the miserable area I call my garden this morning, the ass kicking continues. Basement 100, and me 1.

Just swooped over to @Preston9mm with my cell phone. I showed my Alaskan P youngins his pictures of what they are supposed to look like in a few weeks. (Sweet bro) They just looked at me and gave me the Tom Brady "WHAT" kind of denial thing.

They know...they are looking like slackers. Better put it on this second half of veg. :bongrip:

I had an order of G13 Haze, and one other stran I don't remember now. Ordered them in Sept and after 30 plus days they did not arrive. Contacted them and they resent the order right away, got them in early Nov.
Then in late Feb. I got a package in the mail that was the original order from Seedsman. I contacted them an ask if I should send them back, they said no just keep them.

I had an order of G13 Haze, and one other stran I don't remember now. Ordered them in Sept and after 30 plus days they did not arrive. Contacted them and they resent the order right away, got them in early Nov.
Then in late Feb. I got a package in the mail that was the original order from Seedsman. I contacted them an ask if I should send them back, they said no just keep them.
That's a good way to keep people.

That's a good way to keep people.

I got a 5 seed pack from Nirvana Seeds in Holland, one of the seeds was eaten up by some little critter and in pieces inside the sealed plastic. I sent an email with a pic and they sent another 5 without question. For $10 a seed these companies should be EXPECTED to fix every issue! :)

Gardener Update;
With an over capacity veg room, one empty bloom room, and the other bloom room giving up under performing plant yields I have found it difficult to shift blame. The gardener did it!

First order of business is the over capacity veg room.
Two monster clone GSC plants, and two Northern Lights seedlings will be gifted to @survivorx2 on next 420 road trip.
Why in the world this area is so small, my bad. Need more space and we have plenty available. Do it.

Next up, the empty bloom room, and the currently occupied spare bloom room.
Contact @Skybound and get scoop on reflective material he lined his walls with. Both bloom rooms to undergo rebuild.
Ask Sky about those cob lights he runs. They expensive? Any good?

All three floors need fresh coat of white paint. It don't look as good after a couple sloppy runs.

more changes to the garden down the line...

My COBs are OK, but when I get more money for lighting, I'm aiming to buy into some QBs for better spread and less intensity. As is, I drive my COBs to about 45-55% of total power consumption and try to keep the COBs around 18" above the canopy because they can definitely put out too much light which is why the QBs would be a better fit. Aside from the driver, it costs $18 for each aluminum heatsink, plus another $25 per each COB. I think the thermal interface pad is $2. For every 6 COBs, there is also a $160 driver. I shaved off the cost of the reflectors by printing my own, but dollar to dollar, the QBs would have been a better investment.

My walls are Black & White Poly Film, aka Panda film. I got a 10x100 roll from Amazon for $75 and did my veg and bloom rooms with it.

Thanks Sky,
I am going to research amazon poly rolls. About the lights. Both bloom rooms have a 600 HID but I was looking at peripheral supplements and such. I have been enjoying the Amazing LED bulbs but they are junk and I can do better with careful consideration and helpful advice. :)

I have a 600w HID in my room too and am looking to swap it out with a QB. Having the COBs around the perimeter is convenient, but I salvaged those lights from my 6-COB fixtures. I guess in that regard, having COBs is more versatile, but I still feel that growers get better results from their QBs than I get from my COBs, but they are scalable which would be easier on the wallet and allow you to accumulate them as you can afford to. I know on RapidLED, there is a GrowMau5 puck that's like a COB shaped QB that mounts to my heat sinks, so maybe you should look at those as an option?

Back
Top Bottom