Exceptionally High FECO Yields

not chasin rabbits down the holes no more
my head gets stuck and I get grumpy
sorry you were misled

Oh, but its all about the chase. Isn't it?

Holes go down, but they go up and side ways and every other direction. 360.

And we all have our own rabbit to chase.

Keep chasing. I'm gonna.

Looks like the winter storm is going to delay our next 420 road trip. So Friday we will load the car with 4 fresh plants to jump start @survivorx2 garden. His legs are hurting so bad I hope the girls won't be a hardship, but he insists this is his best therapy. We will make the most of the visit. :bongrip:

Drive safely! I've got a road trip starting Friday as well, but the only thing I'm delivering is a loaf of home made sourdough.

Drive safely! I've got a road trip starting Friday as well, but the only thing I'm delivering is a loaf of home made sourdough.

Hope your headed my way!

I think winter has been canceled in the north east US!

Safe travels to the rest of you all!

1442EFC5-D54B-427D-92D9-06480224F6DF.jpeg
19CE4EDA-A30F-489C-9F51-0A5DFF41FCEA.gif

Ms Maritimer is flying into Palm Springs tomorrow to help her mom out if she can get out of snowbound Ohare. I tried to convince her how cool it would be, if she would just hand carry the willow sapling I have started for Shed out to LA.

"Not gonna happen" with crystal clear pronunciation, then silence.
Dang :bongrip:

My last bong hit had a drop of oil atop the flower. I lost that huge hit while watching the Yeti count cultivars. Age and experience came to my rescue as I had a box of tissue nearby. Out the nose blows when paper not nearby. :)

We are setting up for the Classic Seed Study. Controls and mechanisms being designed now so inputs are welcome.

The goal of the Classic Seed Study is germination of stubborn and old seed stock of unknown heritages. The obvious control dilemma begins with any success. If I treat a seed and it germinates, how would I say the same seed would have not germinated without my intervention. Don't work.

Bottom line is I have tried almost 20 of the classic seeds and none have germinated. I want to try some concoctions going forward that I hope will help wake the little darlings. And in spite of the notion being unpopular, I will be throwing some phytohormone based remedies at them in hope...

A obvious target of investigation is the American Sycamore brass. I pulled the new growth 38 days into a drought period last summer. During extended drought AS trees produce an abundance of ABA. The Phytohormone most identified with seed dormancy is of course ABA.

Don't forget we have a lifetime supply of MeJA available and studies point toward communication among the GRN pathways. The interaction between ABA and MeJA has not been fully elucidated. Another needle in the haystack for the cocktail blending. The changing levels of ABA with an increase in Jasomite antagonization could just equal germination.

Full of holes here but what the heck can we do?
I will fill in variables and controls and put it on paper before commencing.

So all of your seeds were dug out of the ground having not germinated the regular way, they will be soaked in various extracts, replanted, and we'll see what substance created the best germination rate?

So it's mandarin oranges, aspirin, MeJA, and sycamore water?
None of the seeds have been in substrate yet, only waterboarding. No tap root, no substrate.
I done ate the oranges. Amazing genetics at play. Seedless and easy peel. We need that person's email. Brilliant

Ms. Maritimer just sent us a beautiful picture of the strip going thru Palm Springs with I think the San Gabriel's rising up in the background. I texted her back "I Could Grow There" before I realized she would not appreciate my humor. She would dearly like to move there, and has said so for years.

She replied with silence.
Dang :bongrip:

If you moved there you would be next door to another grower from here: Agemon! He even grew a Northern Lights outside in the summer heat last year.

Could have been a few mountains in the background, but none the San Gabriels. According to Wikipedia: Palm Springs is sheltered by the San Bernardino Mountains to the north, the Santa Rosa Mountains to the south, by the San Jacinto Mountains to the west and by the Little San Bernardino Mountains to the east.

Just thought you should know before you pack up and go!

Hi All,
My reading has not been up to date with this thread as I had some time in hospital.
I have some Hulkberry at day 30 of flower.
I did a defoliation at 21 days and may defoliate again at day 45.
If I was wanting to give them a bit of a drought, what is the best thinking just now.
Which day should I stop watering and how droopy should I let the leaves go.

Total time in flower should be 70 days.

Many thanks.

Ahoy Desormais,
I hope your need for the hospital is in your past.
I usually get up before my plants but not this am. Let me get some coffee and THC pumping and I will get back to you in a few minutes with a more proper reply.
I love talking drought. :bongrip:

Hi All,
My reading has not been up to date with this thread as I had some time in hospital.
I have some Hulkberry at day 30 of flower.
I did a defoliation at 21 days and may defoliate again at day 45.
If I was wanting to give them a bit of a drought, what is the best thinking just now.
Which day should I stop watering and how droopy should I let the leaves go.

Total time in flower should be 70 days.

Many thanks.
According to RQS the Hulkberry comes from OG Kush and Sour Diesel, giving an overall genetic impression of 65% Sativa and 35% Indica. The selection of a hybrid for drought adds to the complications involved in timing the application. All Hybrids carry the genetics of both Sativa and Indica so there will be phenotypic considerations. This means that unless you are using clone stock, you do not know in advance her actual flowering period. If the pheno is sativa dominant she will run closer to the 70 days, but if the pheno is Indica dominant the flowering time will be shorter than the breeder’s timeline. If you were using a clone, she would flower the same as the mother plant giving you more information to help decide when to time the drought.

With all that said this is what I do with hybrid seed stock. The beginning of the seventh week of flower (FD#42) is only a reference target date. Go by when you last fertigated to begin the drought day count. At flower day 42 if you have not fed or watered her for 2 days, you begin the drought count at the last fertigation (day 40) and count up from there. In this example, if you went 11 days your drought would end on flower day #51.

Most important you monitor accumulated wilt and do not exceed 50*. If the cultivar hits 50 degrees of wilt she has endured the stimulation we seek and her rescue should be initiated. It is my experience that a lot of strains will not go the full 11 days. No worries, just shoot for the 50 degrees of accumulated wilt (LWA), rescue her and finish her out as normal.

There is a lot I am probably forgetting to mention. A biggie is what does your medium consist of? The ideal substrate will be fast drying. Doctor Caplan used the $ HP Pro-Mix, I now run a faux@ version of the medium that @Farside helped us make at home. If you have ANY questions about this going forward please shout us out.

Hope I didn’t make things worse.

No, you've given me something to work with.
Thanks Maritimer.
The plants are all clones and the person who owns the mother is harvesting after 70 days flower.

I started this grow as an experiment, but I wasn't in a position to do so much when I came out of hospital, so I let them just go rogue until I defoliated at day 21.
I have some quadlined, some single colas and some in 1 litre pots up to to a 20 litre fabric pot.
I remember one of the papers said they couldn't replicate the drought effects, because they used different sized pots, so it has to be leaf angle.
This is 50° from the horizontal plane or 50° drop from the initial leaf angle?
I am in soil with perlite and use Megacrop .
I have humidity set at 45% just now, so I think things should dry out pretty well.

The only question is do I defoliate again and if yes, do I do it before or after the drought.

Thanks for your help.

Like many, I ended up here, because I was sick.
They cut a hole in me where no hole should be.
I'm hoping this works or they'll cut deeper next time.

Back
Top Bottom