Exceptionally High FECO Yields

I have conducted drought applications in 1,3 and 5 gallon containers. Bigger is better, but they all work the same. A smaller container will dry faster, speeding the plant into defensive resource allocations.

The angle between the petiole and the stem is your measurement. When the plant is healthy and happy you measure the angle. This is known as the turgid state of shade avoidance. Said different, this is how much energy a plant normally uses to keep her leaves up and praying as so many call it. That turgid angle is your starting LWA. As the plant wilts your angle will increase or decrease depending how you hold the angle tool when measuring. Hold the tool the same way every measurement. So say you measure your turgid LWA and get 58*. Couple days later the exact same leaf measures 45* your accumulated LWA is 13*. When your accumulated LWA hits 50* you rescue her regardless of drought day counts.

You say soil in your medium with perlite. What do you mean soil?

I have conducted drought applications in 1,3 and 5 gallon containers. Bigger is better, but they all work the same. A smaller container will dry faster, speeding the plant into defensive resource allocations.

The angle between the petiole and the stem is your measurement. When the plant is healthy and happy you measure the angle. This is known as the turgid state of shade avoidance. Said different, this is how much energy a plant normally uses to keep her leaves up and praying as so many call it. That turgid angle is your starting LWA. As the plant wilts your angle will increase or decrease depending how you hold the angle tool when measuring. Hold the tool the same way every measurement. So say you measure your turgid LWA and get 58*. Couple days later the exact same leaf measures 45* your accumulated LWA is 13*. When your accumulated LWA hits 50* you rescue her regardless of drought day counts.

You say soil in your medium with perlite. What do you mean soil?
That's clear.
I'll nominate a couple of leaves per plant and look out my protractor.

Just general compost from the garden centre and I added in about 25% perlite.
The small pots are to see if I can pack these in and get a decent yield per area, with a single cola.
The larger pot quadlines are to see how they turn out and how bad my training is.

I'll look at perlite/vermiculite hempy pots in the coming year.

Though, I do fancy getting a wormery at some point.

When I was a youngster I would go out at night and collect worms to sell the next day down at the river. Hustle Baby!
Always wanted to try my own worm farm, but it never took off.
Do you have a garden journal here on 420? I could take a peak and maybe some ideas would sprout.

I might do a journal in the future.
This is my third grow so I'm still getting the hang of it.

I love all these 'tricks of the trade' for increasing yield and potency.
There is all the stuff about partially cutting the stem, decreasing humidity and increasing the dark period to increase trichomes in the last week also.
It's a shame most of it is anecdotal.

I like the look of the 2 litre soda bottle hempy grows.

Rose gardeners have compiled some of the most useful anecdotal practices that when picked through, the science is there. When I realized they want oil and yield like we do, I looked and wow. These guys and girls are as into roses as we ever are with cannabis. And the botanist around the world feel free to research what the rose gardeners tell them and eventually studies get published.

Think outside the buds. LOL

In an effort to resist going downstairs (for fear I will start chopping), I am taking the dog for a ride in the country.
@Pennywise your advice about "when you think they are done, wait a week" has already paid off.
You never mentioned how hard that can be.

Northern Lights #3 with a real looking target harvest around 5 ounces of flower @62% is ready.
Tomorrow her stalk is mine. chop chop

Ahoy 420,
With no doubt, my cannabis clone failures are frustrating. That was a nice way to say I suck. If you need a weed exterminator, I am your guy. Big, or small, pruned and unpruned, it don't matter. I can kill em. My friends here tell me how they can root in a glass of tap water, forgotten over the sink in the shade. Well aint that just jiffy!!!

So after this mornings dumps, we are down to 2 cuttings alive, 8 cuttings not.

Well all that suckin is fixin ta change!
The pony express finally delivered the cure in a 2 ounce bottle. Our man Shed says it's the shit. Last count I aint seen him wrong. Watch and see. I will be like a clone making machine here next time around.
Dip N Grow or I'm a Dipshit. :bongrip:

usa seed bank note;
The crew in southern oregon have done us a good, so we had to mention it after all my previous bad mouthing. 3 day shipping with discreet packaging at a flat rate like $15. They gave us some seeds we did not expect with this order. 9 seeds from three strains in addition to the seeds I paid for. lighting fast, all this is being done to fill in for my Herbies order that customs stole.

so after all that mumbling, the seed bank in s.o. is off my crap list.
they still need customer service training, training that the market will ultimately provide if they dont improve.

Back
Top Bottom