Exceptionally High FECO Yields

What is the name and do they sell here in the good ol USA!
dont want to break rules but google southern oregon seeds and you are there soon. sell and ship to all u.s. i think. he has lined up even more breeders

Beautiful tile in the bathroom, and at first glance I thought those were colorful drawstring beach shorts on the line :).

Nice hash too!

In terms of cloning, if you follow the beez0404 method with a few tweaks, you should have rooted clones in a couple of weeks. Not sure if I mentioned my adjustments to his system, but I presoak the ProMix HP with distilled water, use Dip'n Grow, and don't start de-doming until around 7 days (though I do take them off for a minute every morning and night to get some fresh air in).

And I use a heat mat at 80ºF to keep them happy and warm.

Thanks man,
That was my first ever tile job.
Do you have a heater mat that is not on a 2 hour timer?
All the heaters I am seeing have that safety feature.
My modem does great for a couple seeds, but cannot handle more at once.
edit; I found a mat just now at WallyWorld. Thanks

The last plant of the Mega Crop run (NL #2) came down today. She was a slow growing cultivar and stayed in the veg room for 7 weeks. After just 8 weeks of flower she was more than ready. Bud and branches on the hanging lines @ 490 grams, she ends up being the lightest of the four plants in this run. I will prepare a better presentation of the four plant tallies later after weights @62%rh are recorded.

The rough estimate is 19 ounces from the four together.
If NL 2 would not have almost stunted, our average would have easily been over 5 Oscars per bucket. :)
@farside05 A tip of the Stetson at ya bro!

That's bringing it home brother!
Home is where your jars are.
The "curing area" where I burp and store the full jars is in my closet. Over the years Mrs Maritimer has overflowed her closet and slowing began filling mine with her clothes. Yesterday I hear my jewel say "how am I supposed to put my shoes away if you have all the shelves full of your stuff?". Then I hear "you need to find a better spot". I didn't say a word.

About an hour later I had to use the bathroom and as I went down the hallway I see 14 Oscars neatly lining the floor.
Evicted

About an hour later I had to use the bathroom and as I went down the hallway I see 14 Oscars neatly lining the floor.
Evicted

You got Katharine Hepburn beat. She was the leader with 4.

Hi @farside05 ,
Was thinking of you yesterday. Stopped at our local Ace Hardware store to inquire if they could get me bales of Pro-Mix and what would be the cost. They tell me they are not allowed to sell the HP version, only the BX because of state laws. What would be so different between perlite and vermiculite blends to trigger state involvement? Must be something else in play?

Hi @farside05 ,
Was thinking of you yesterday. Stopped at our local Ace Hardware store to inquire if they could get me bales of Pro-Mix and what would be the cost. They tell me they are not allowed to sell the HP version, only the BX because of state laws. What would be so different between perlite and vermiculite blends to trigger state involvement? Must be something else in play?

Hmm, quick Google search. I guess some old Vermiculite insulation was contaminated with Asbestos. Perhaps your state has some sort of ban on any product that contains Vermiculite for that reason. Just spitballin'.

Home is where your jars are.
The "curing area" where I burp and store the full jars is in my closet. Over the years Mrs Maritimer has overflowed her closet and slowing began filling mine with her clothes. Yesterday I hear my jewel say "how am I supposed to put my shoes away if you have all the shelves full of your stuff?". Then I hear "you need to find a better spot". I didn't say a word.

Evicted
That's a familiar sound here. I'm always negotiating for a spot somewhere. Dang, 2 more oscars and you'da had an elbow!

Hmm, quick Google search. I guess some old Vermiculite insulation was contaminated with Asbestos. Perhaps your state has some sort of ban on any product that contains Vermiculite for that reason. Just spitballin'.
I was just wondering anyhow. The faux@ is the shit. I am scoring 3 cubic ft. bales of organic peat at Lowes for $10.50. Then they throw in 10% veterans discount. I do not see me ever spending the Pro-Mix money unless I could not mix my own for some reason. Following your tutorial my only concern was how the blend would perform during drought application. I want a fast drying substrate to continue the drought application strain studies. The faux@ proved it can get dry in a hurry.

just as a note I can buy vermiculite with no problem here.

I was just wondering anyhow. The faux@ is the shit. I am scoring 3 cubic ft. bales of organic peat at Lowes for $10.50. Then they throw in 10% veterans discount. I do not see me ever spending the Pro-Mix money unless I could not mix my own for some reason. Following your tutorial my only concern was how the blend would perform during drought application. I want a fast drying substrate to continue the drought application strain studies. The faux@ proved it can get dry in a hurry.

just as a note I can buy vermiculite with no problem here.

Check out the salt levels in the Peat. They can be very high, I quit using peat many years ago because of the salts.

Check out the salt levels in the Peat. They can be very high, I quit using peat many years ago because of the salts.
Hi gr,
hope you found that info you were looking for.

salt in the peat ya say. how is that being determined, and is that inbound levels or accumulations?
Can I ask what medium do you run nowadays?
I remember your awesome looking setup , but not your medium. :)

Hi gr,
hope you found that info you were looking for.

salt in the peat ya say. how is that being determined, and is that inbound levels or accumulations?
Can I ask what medium do you run nowadays?
I remember your awesome looking setup , but not your medium. :)

Running Canna Coco now.

Not sure how they determined the salt levels, but when I ran it, got burn fairly bad and was running very low nutes at the time. It was a blend of peat/perlite and when I ask my hydro guy about it he said they had stopped selling peat because of the salts.
Just about to finish this Coco/perlite vertical grow. Check my Signature, at day 60.

GR's 5 Plant Vertical Grow Winter 19/20'

The old hobbit in me does not enjoy the idea of ripping peat beds verses the much more mellow notion of coco coir harvest as a by-product of coconut farming. I read something about how long it takes for a bed to develop and all, making it even less cool.

But at $10.50 for 3 cubic feet of peat, it will be hard for some poor folk like me to switch and run the coir. Plus , the last four plants I just ran did very well in a peat perlite blend that @farside05 showed us.

Will swing by your place later to have a peek at your garden. :bongrip:

The old hobbit in me does not enjoy the idea of ripping peat beds verses the much more mellow notion of coco coir harvest as a by-product of coconut farming. I read something about how long it takes for a bed to develop and all, making it even less cool.

But at $10.50 for 3 cubic feet of peat, it will be hard for some poor folk like me to switch and run the coir. Plus , the last four plants I just ran did very well in a peat perlite blend that @farside05 showed us.

If you recycle your soil I hear the coco over time(several runs) changes ph negatively whereas peat won't so much? The rev changed his recipe in his recent copy. It went from all coco to 25% coco 75% peat or all peat. So don't feel too bad.

Do you have another garden you could reuse your peat in? I just add mine to the outdoor beds. Although I haven't tried it, you could probably also give the peat a good flushing and then recharge it with a new addition of Lime. Somewhere in my travels I read the Lime addition in most soil-less mixes last about 4-5 months of growing. So I'd do 100% of the original mix since it's probably about spent by the time we harvest anyhow. I tried coco one run and it wasn't for me. Increased watering and it doesn't buffer like peat mixes, so you have to to worry about pH. Didn't see any better yield so I didn't see the point of the extra fuss.

Back
Top Bottom