Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Do you have another garden you could reuse your peat in? I just add mine to the outdoor beds. Although I haven't tried it, you could probably also give the peat a good flushing and then recharge it with a new addition of Lime. Somewhere in my travels I read the Lime addition in most soil-less mixes last about 4-5 months of growing. So I'd do 100% of the original mix since it's probably about spent by the time we harvest anyhow. I tried coco one run and it wasn't for me. Increased watering and it doesn't buffer like peat mixes, so you have to to worry about pH. Didn't see any better yield so I didn't see the point of the extra fuss.
For some years I have been dumping used mediums of peat, coco and in the early days FFOF into one corner of the back yard. Last summer I threw some tomatoes over it and had my farmer neighbors jealous as could be. Being in a perpetual financial challenge I almost always use it twice. Never added lime when reblending. More like just a good drying pulling root fiber balls, and adding worm castings. Now though I think like Otter says we can try adding the buffering agent as well. Plus I don't think Otter wants me throwing those root fibers away either.
MONEY
The song from Pink Floyd is still so spot on it is ridiculous.

Ahoy there!
One of the Alaskan Purples has been stretching to a point I had to intervene. Never done super-cropping before. I have two more candidates for the treatment if I didn't goof this one up. I will give the AP a day or so before I mess with other plants to see if it worked. Wished I would have bought that roll of tree tape I just recently passed over. Dang.

Too embarrassed to post pics yet. hehe

@Preston9mm You had warned me the tall Alaskan Pheno pheno jumps, but wow. This girl wants to see upstairs or something. All four mains were out of control.

Ahoy there!
One of the Alaskan Purples has been stretching to a point I had to intervene. Never done super-cropping before. I have two more candidates for the treatment if I didn't goof this one up. I will give the AP a day or so before I mess with other plants to see if it worked. Wished I would have bought that roll of tree tape I just recently passed over. Dang.

Too embarrassed to post pics yet. hehe

Just lightly squeeze and roll, when the branch is softened then bend in the desired direction and tape.
Roll and squeeze, roll and squeeze.
Now this was a bit extreme but have a fellow grower do this to the mainstem and I was amazed at the results.
Here is his plant.

1.JPG2 (1).JPG

4.JPG

Here is my Triple Cheese #3, SC'ed at every branch off the mainstem.
12/26
/
20191221_114707 (2).jpg
20191221_115617 (2).jpg

Nine days later 12/30
20191230_121234 (2).jpg

Then 7 days, 1/6
20200106_111234 (2).jpg

And last week, 2/26
20200226_084717 (2).jpg

These plants will be harvested within a week to 10 days.

Thinking on my next grow I may do a couple of plants this way and see how they turn out.

Bro, that is amazing. As I looked over these pictures I rolled up a couple hash amended bones and now the pooch and I are headed to the woods. That is where I do my best cannabis planning. I can envision plenty now, just sitting in the den. Walking in his garden while consuming some fine smoke, look out. The ideas will flourish. ;)

Good Morning @Desormais ,
The smaller containers will dry faster than larger ones, that is normal.
Crispy lamina is another story. Because we perform these drought applications in flower we must remember that the genetic control of the plant will reallocate available and stored resources away from vegetative growth demands, and into the reproductive needs. If the plant thinks the flowers need some of the resources stored in the foliar mass, it will cannibalize the leaves giving to the flowers. However, a well nourished plant has little need to rush into self consumption and may present well maintained leaves until the end.

Also keep in mind when you are measuring LWA that the blades of the leaf are not included. You watch and measure the angle between the petiole and the branch. At any point in the 11 day drought if LWA exceeds 50 degrees from turgid she is stressed and needs water.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Ahoy 420,
We have been given the green light to resume our studies of agricultural practices intended to increase cannabinoid profiles in home grown gardens thereby lowering patient costs for CCO therapies. This was a result of the stellar harvest we enjoyed running faux@ Pro-Mix feeding amended Mega Crop. My medicine requirement has been satisfied. Our @farside05 mentored personal runs will remain as he has taught me. But the addition of a second bloom room has enabled our return to experimental methods.

Funny how with what I call my personal plants, I am afraid of even super-cropping. But when I think it an experimental cultivar, I have no fear.

Just curioius. How are you measuring results? Its it just by looks, or the amount of oil produced?

That's great news Maritimer! Way to write em up and get em accepted! Now with the campground started you're/we're in for some action. Very noble proposal title I bet. As is fit. Having 2 tents is like 5 times the fun in my house. Enjoy!
We are gonna have a blast. My investigations although by no means confined to the flower room, will continue to be primarily focused on what we can do in flower. The application of drought induced stress late in flower, with and without actual drought conditions being presented. The first part we have down to a science. Don't fertigate and there you have it. The second part, about drought induced stress without a drought being present. That is a bit harder to pull off.
We are encouraged by the results and implications of our previous MeJA studies and will hopefully find a clue or two as we plod along.

As I normally practice doing, each study will begin with an abstract designing controls and limitations of the study, and all help is always appreciated. The tighter the controls, the more valuable the discussion of results.

Just curioius. How are you measuring results? Its it just by looks, or the amount of oil produced?
and any other metric that comes to mind short of spending money on lab testing.
"squishing yields" is a new one with great possibilities. :)

and any other metric that comes to mind short of spending money on lab testing.
"squishing yields" is a new one with great possibilities. :)

What do you mean?

I have a press with digital temp and timers that using identical times and pressures we can compare rosin yields between control and Delta flowers. This has proved especially convincing when the delta sample has endured a full 11 day drought. Every squish yields more rosin gram/gram when comparing against the control plant results.

Speaking of squishing, we are set for a morning of coffee and parchment paper pre-folding as our container of stored fun is getting low. :bongrip:

Classic Seed Germination notes;

The promotion of germination utilizing (BR) brassinosteroids by activating (GA) downstream genes and inactivating (ABA) signaling.

Plant hormones gibberellin (GA) and abscisic acid (ABA) have long been recognized as key players in regulating dormancy and germination. Recently, stoners have increased interest in brassinosteroid (BR) hormones that promote germination by activating GA downstream genes and inactivating ABA signaling. We propose that time may have already played a role in reducing ABA signaling. These seeds are over 20 years old. This presents the hypothetical problem of a possible need to replenish depleted ABA in order to have a timed release from dormancy. We have a plan for this. Later

Back to the brass.
We will be employing several home-made brass remedies in our initial efforts. The basics first, like brown Japanese rice germ, and because I am of Polish heritage, we will of course include a fine cabbage brass. Both have been cooking for months waiting to help spring seeds to life.

This stuff is all so much more fun when we are gently enchanted. :bongrip:

In my efforts to improve mortality rates when I am killing clones I have taken @InTheShed subtle hints and ordered a digitally controlled heater bed for the darlings. At least they can be warm while I watch them die.

On a more serious note the mat is only days away from arriving, and will be used in our seed germination routines as well. Thanks Shed.

Classic Seed Germination notes;

The promotion of germination utilizing (BR) brassinosteroids by activating (GA) downstream genes and inactivating (ABA) signaling.

Plant hormones gibberellin (GA) and abscisic acid (ABA) have long been recognized as key players in regulating dormancy and germination. Recently, stoners have increased interest in brassinosteroid (BR) hormones that promote germination by activating GA downstream genes and inactivating ABA signaling. We propose that time may have already played a role in reducing ABA signaling. These seeds are over 20 years old. This presents the hypothetical problem of a possible need to replenish depleted ABA in order to have a timed release from dormancy. We have a plan for this. Later

Back to the brass.
We will be employing several home-made brass remedies in our initial efforts. The basics first, like brown Japanese rice germ, and because I am of Polish heritage, we will of course include a fine cabbage brass. Both have been cooking for months waiting to help spring seeds to life.

This stuff is all so much more fun when we are gently enchanted. :bongrip:
I love science! And cabbage Rock on!

Ahoy there!,
The Fed Ex dude delivered my seed mat yesterday. The thing is about the size of a football field. He came back today delivering some stuff for the wife. We talked in the driveway and he told me what a cool dog I have. Then he told me how he loves just walking in my driveway as it smells so good. Ouch!
Only so much I can do with the heavy smellers in mid flower.
Triple Cheese = triple skunk
Cheese = skunk
Alaskan Purple = smells like a frickin skunk.
Wife's clothes upstairs in her closet = smells like skunk.

I am as happy as a billygoat in a seven-eleven :)
Me = I smell like a skunk.

Back
Top Bottom