Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Ahoy there,
We have conducted a proving run with our new fancy dancy seed mat and come up with a few questions for @InTheShed and or anyone else experienced with such devices. The mat says do not put any insulating material on it. I wanted a towel between the trays and mat, what you say? I think @Skybound runs with a towel over his. What temps do you run your mat for seeds and are cutting temperatures the same as seed?

All looks set from a garden schedule standpoint to germinate 10 seeds on Sunday the 15th. These seeds are separate from our seed germination experiments and are intended as a full capacity summer run. Half of these cultivars will become participants in our investigations while the other half is reserved for head stash and my meds.

This mat is 2 x 4. Could basement gardeners like me and @Van Stank run 1 gal on them in veg before up potting to 5 gal?

Ahoy @gr865,
A special tip of the Stetson at you my friend. I will not say I have it all mastered or nothing but with your help the other day I am now a super cropping fan. My fear of a 7 foot ceiling running 600 watt HPS has been put to rest. My canopy is now as flat as an old marines head.

New garden theme song... Aerosmith title (Remember) lyrics "Here comes old flat top, grooving up slowly"... played loudly.

I went to visit @Emilya and her thread is complete? I am terrible navigating this site. I am sure you are busy but a quick question for you. Are you aware of any research (including yours) relating to root zone temperature management? Do you have any recommendations for seedling and cutting medium temps?

Ahoy @gr865,
A special tip of the Stetson at you my friend. I will not say I have it all mastered or nothing but with your help the other day I am now a super cropping fan. My fear of a 7 foot ceiling running 600 watt HPS has been put to rest. My canopy is now as flat as an old marines head.

New garden theme song... Aerosmith title (Remember) lyrics "Here comes old flat top, grooving up slowly"... played loudly.

Is that not the Beatles "Come Together"?

Is that not the Beatles "Come Together"?
LOL
I think the Beatles wrote it.
Aerosmith's Greatest Hits Track #9 Title "Come Together"

Hey Maritimer, good Monday! I went with low 80's for heat mat temps.
Thanks bro,
Good Monday to you as well.
Hope your neck is staying calm with the weather changing.

I went to visit @Emilya and her thread is complete? I am terrible navigating this site. I am sure you are busy but a quick question for you. Are you aware of any research (including yours) relating to root zone temperature management? Do you have any recommendations for seedling and cutting medium temps?
I don't have any data on this @Maritimer, sorry. I have always worked using the springtime rule... that not too cold and not too hot is the perfect temperatures for seedlings, but of course that is not scientific.

I don't have any data on this @Maritimer, sorry. I have always worked using the springtime rule... that not too cold and not too hot is the perfect temperatures for seedlings, but of course that is not scientific.
Thanks @Emilya
I :love: your gentle gardening practices and persona. If you are as nice to your plants as you are to us, they should be happy campers. I just spotted your current journal. I was told about it even, dang. I will be dropping in now that your not lost anymore. LOL

I'm on the back deck enjoying a cigar today in my down vest! A bit of a chill but wonderful today at 64f. My neck is so much better after the treatment, I'm as happy as a 3 dicked billy goat!
I'm wanting a cigar and vest now too! 3 dicked goat...brother thats happy!
I got good news and bad.
Mrs Maritimer just got hired by Amazon.
Let the free shipping begin. hehe
but we will be losing our $16 per month food assistance.
start pay $15 per hour, she said "I Do".

Do you roll like @Preston9mm and use the cigar as a wrap?
Blunts my younger friends say get you higher.
You ever hear that?

I haven't tried a blunt. I think the nicotine might make one high if not a regular smoker. When I was working and not imbibing weed I had one hand rolled a day in the morning at work. I'd get pretty high from it for a few moments, even walking was tipsy so I see it could add to the buzz. All head. Now I'm off them. Weed for me only. And a cigar now and then. What I really want to make is a thin roll of hash snaked around a joint to smoke. Mmmmm
Tell Mrs. Maritimer good luck and I hope things work out for her. And congratulations!

There is an excuse. I just have not found the words for it yet. hehe :bongrip:

It gets even worse. Doing our taxes and going along with whatever Turbo Tax tells me to do so what could go wrong? The state rejects my online filing. WTH. Turbo says refile, I do and rejected again. All pissed off now, I investigate as Turbo Tax simply says refile. Down at the bottom I see a little note saying invalid identification. What the... my drivers license is expired. I am all kinds of mad now. How come I didn't get a renewal notice, and on and on about the stupid state. Later while looking for my always missing bong poker I move the mail container on my desk. WTH... a letter to yours truly from the stupid state, telling my stupid ass to go deal with it or else. Now it is expired and I got to jump through the dmv hoops.

stupid state :bongrip:

There is an excuse. I just have not found the words for it yet. hehe :bongrip:

It gets even worse. Doing our taxes and going along with whatever Turbo Tax tells me to do so what could go wrong? The state rejects my online filing. WTH. Turbo says refile, I do and rejected again. All pissed off now, I investigate as Turbo Tax simply says refile. Down at the bottom I see a little note saying invalid identification. What the... my drivers license is expired. I am all kinds of mad now. How come I didn't get a renewal notice, and on and on about the stupid state. Later while looking for my always missing bong poker I move the mail container on my desk. WTH... a letter to yours truly from the stupid state, telling my stupid ass to go deal with it or else. Now it is expired and I got to jump through the dmv hoops.

stupid state :bongrip:
Oh Ya! I have the same t-tax experience. They suck! the money out of our pockets for a frustrating time. I thought I'd try them since the kids college days are over and we're both retired. 2 years and I'm looking for someone to do them now. I give up! Hey, hehe, the license. A few years back I volunteered to rent a u-haul to help move my daughter from one place to another. When signing the truck out they told me I wasn't getting it because my license went stale too. That was a bad day at the rmv, must have been a hundred degrees and 99% rh in there and the filthy person next to me wouldn't stop farting! A truly wretched day that put my photo looking like Jack Nicholson looking through the broken door. "Honey I'm home!" It's all hilarious today though.

Cali Orange Strain Drought Rosin Test Results

Having used identical temps of 220 for 90 seconds, each puck gets refolded and pressed 3 times.

Cali Orange unstressed 20 grams yields 2.3 grams rosin. 11.5 %.

Cali Orange stressed 8 days attaining 52@ LWA 20 grams yields 2.9 grams rosin. 14.5%.

A nice improvement but not the big jump we see with Northern Lights, Gorilla Glue #4, Critical Jack. It seems the higher THC strains get the biggest bang from stress. Nonetheless, our findings indicate if you run some Cali Orange it will be enhanced by drought stress application.

And the rosin tastes amazing. :bongrip:

@Grandpa Tokin my friend, what kind of squish numbers you getting nowadays?

Awesome! How long do you let the rescue drink set before you sever the stalk? Day, Days?
Ahoy Stone,
I hope you are feeling well.

The Cali ran with a heavy Sativa dominance and stayed in flower longer than we expected. The rescue was on day 8 and my notes show she was dropping like a rock so I had to fertigate. The change in LWA is not linear and can really sneak up on you. Anyhow, to answer your question she was returned to normal fertigation criteria and stayed in flower for 10 more days. It usually is more like rescue, wait three days and chop. The return to hormonal homeostasis is never complete after a late stage flower drought. The plant will not have enough time to get back to the business of making more flower. She does have time to make more essential cannabinoids, so if possible drought should be followed by a few days of well deserved R & R. But truth be told, when she has endured 50@ of accumulated wilt, the GRN has already staged the plant's defense and production of both THC and CBD are in high gear. Chop if you must. hehe

Back
Top Bottom