Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Well, my go to method changes with each grow and with more experience, but here is my current thinking.

If I simply stop the lights from coming on one day after a 12 hours night, 24 hours from that moment that would have been dawn is the 36 hour of darkness point. Since I usually start my daylight to come on at 8pm so as to take advantage of the lower nighttime electricity rates, this is not always a convenient time to start my harvest, so I end up waiting till the next morning real time and that brings the dark time to 48 hours. It seems to me that most of the magic happens in the first 36 hours, but this extra time in the dark, even up to 72 hours doesn't seem to hurt anything.

At the end I am waiting for amber to show up at the very top of the bud, and usually for all the pistils to have folded over and or turned colors. It is at this moment that I put the screw to them, and this is important... while doing so I am thinking thoughts of chopping and harvest and death and I screw that huge screw (my screws have gotten larger) in with extreme malice. Experiments have shown that plants can and do respond to our thoughts.

I carefully manage and monitor my water uptake all through the grow. Beginning in transition, I start forcing water at the plants and if they slow down for any reason I will see it the next time I water since they won't be able to take as much as they had been before producing runoff. I have noticed that our plants do stop their water uptake, on their own, at the end, providing (again hugely important) that you have been reducing the nutes right at the end. It is entirely possible to give large amounts of P at the end to fool the plant into extending its flower period. In the last week I have reduced nutes, or at least stopped giving supplements. Usually, on that last day of bloom when I normally would be watering, they are telling me that they don't need anymore... so the drought starts there... a day or two before the darkness.

Along with this, at the beginning of week 6 I start adjusting the environment. By the end I want to have reduced the light period to 13/11, and I usually do this in 15 minute adjustments on each end at the beginning and end of that week. I really like the idea of 20/4 the day before the darkness, and I am going to try that next time too. I also start moving the lights away from the plants a few inches, or this last time I simply turned down the wattage by 10%. Also, depending on the time of year and how easy it is to do, I try to reduce the average temperature of the environment downward a bit too, knowing that the cooler temps bring out the fall colors.

Right up to the end I am feeding the plants too... my philosophy is that if they can still take water they can still process nutes, but in that last week and last couple of waterings, I definitely don't supplement and depending on the nute line and how they treat the end point, I may adjust the last dosages downward a bit, although I learned that when using aminocheleated nutrients, the full dosage is always called for, and not giving it can produce a deficit reaction even as late as the last watering.

Ahoy 420,
I will be setting aside some time tonight to smoke and send up a special request. .
I ask that the winds of good fortune fill the sails of two special gardeners @farside05 and @Emilya.
Bro Farside is part of an ambulance crew, while I think Em has a housemate also in the front line service.
Please be vigilant in protecting yourself, and us. :bongrip:

Bro Farside is part of an ambulance crew,

Actually I'm a Telecommunicator (aka 911 operator and law enforcement dispatcher). Things are a little crazy at work now though. For all medical calls we have to screen for Covid. It determines if we send Fire along with EMS or not. On a traditional Difficulty Breathing call we dispatch both agencies. Now if there is possibility of Covid, we only send EMS to limit the possible exposure to Fire crews. They also have split our shift in half and have us working in 2 different locations. That way if someone gets infected the entire shift isn't possibly exposed. Someone has to be there to answer the emergency lines. We can't risk all of us being out. They come around twice a shift and take all of our tempretures. If you're feverish you're gonna be sent home and can't return without a doctor's clearance. So far no one has had that problem. There's 3 local cases at the moment, with a 4th possible. The 4th was an inmate in the jail that had recently traveled to a high Covid area. If it does confirm we may have an issue. That prisoner was in close confines with a lot of other inmates. The 4 could be a much bigger number in a hurry.

Stay safe @farside05 and do what you can to avoid it before the sun and spring rains come in to beat this thing back for this season. Ms. J. is a Firefighter/EMT and because she lives with me, she was put under mandatory quarantine for 2 weeks while I recover. They are working crazy shifts at the FD right now, and some of the first responders across all agencies are sheltering at other locations while others maintain their normal routines as best they can in all this craziness. We get the all clear on Sunday as long as we don't have symptoms, and lucky me... they are now closing our county and the county I work in totally down to all but necessary travel. Even though I expect to be cleared in a few days, I will have nowhere to go. I am not being hurt by this since I am able to do a lot of my work from home and my salary keeps coming in, so as they say... it could be worse. I pray for those who are working paycheck to paycheck and those with the unexpected childcare problems, as well as those who for whatever reason are more susceptible than others to this bug. It can surprise you... I had no idea that I was prone to pneumonia until now. Be careful, and do what you can or need to do to protect those you love.

Make sure you are taking your high dose Vitamin C and Vitamin D

The Chinese are now conducting trials with intavenous Vit C

and Vit D I am on 5000iu a day

I've been watching this for a while and reading many of the scientific papers.
The CCP have been lying through their teeth.
If you want a vision of the future, look at Italy. 800 dead yesterday.

It was this paper that changed the UK govt position overnight.

The author now has the virus.

Stay safe.

and Vit D I am on 5000iu a day

Stay safe.

Let me add to the discussion.

I’ve been lost recently in the study of cellular biology, the signaling action of peptides, and the implications for cellular health. The peptides that create positive emotions can block the cellular receptors
viruses activate to enter cells, but only if in high enough concentrations.

It’s to our advantage to find ways to laugh heartily and frequently, and to deliberately cultivate positive emotions. Those simple steps will reinforce your biology and may give you an advantage against this new virus.

Be safe everyone. :hug::hug::hug:

That was a chilling read Desormais. Thanks for sharing it. :hug:

Stay safe @farside05 and do what you can to avoid it before the sun and spring rains come in to beat this thing back for this season. Ms. J. is a Firefighter/EMT and because she lives with me, she was put under mandatory quarantine for 2 weeks while I recover.
@Emilya , I am not current with your thread and had no idea you were ill.
Very glad to hear you are recovering.

ps
both bloom rooms at mid flower, for fun I am thinking about setting the screws in addition to some drought.
this will not be in a study as I have no control plants, and the studies should require clones.
I intend to perform those examinations of screw verses no screw (in squish yields) of clone specimens as a more formal study when the clones supply and garden schedule allows.

cannot think of way to go dark because plants will be too big to move without damage.
thinking about a big 55 gallon plastic/resin garbage can upside down over the darkened plant?
ideas are always welcome.

I'm liking the idea of drought at the end, just before the chop too.
The plants I droughted at day 42 have pollen sacks, as I chop at day 67.

If we could get the same effect Dr Caplan found but at the end, it would make like much easier.

Our Prime Minister has just finished his daily Corona press conference.
1.5 million of the most vulnerable people will be getting a letter asking them not to leave home for 12 weeks.

Stay safe.
If that model is even close we are in big trouble.
They have no choice but to spoon feed the bad news.
The situation will mandate deployment of the military, and Marshall Law will follow if folks get misbehaving.
I have traveled the globe and can say if we think we got problems here and GB, poor countries have it much worse.
Please stay safe, yet loving.
Stay alive. :love:

If that model is even close we are in big trouble.
They have no choice but to spoon feed the bad news.
The situation will mandate deployment of the military, and Marshall Law will follow if folks get misbehaving.
I have traveled the globe and can say if we think we got problems here and GB, poor countries have it much worse.
Please stay safe, yet loving.
Stay alive. :love:
This is not even the last of the bad news. Even if you are in the 80% who will be exposed and get it in one form or another and survive this year, next year this virus is going to mutate, and round 2 will be just as bad. The world has China to thank for this, and whether it be because of the open air live markets allowed to flourish there which cause animal to human transmission or whether this was genetically engineered, the end result of this thing hitting our planet is that our planetary average age is going to go way down... a lot of old people are going to be killed off as the world population adjusts and tries to survive this new aggressive pathogen that almost as if designed to do so, is going to take out the oldest and the weakest. The population density of this planet has just been reached and mother nature, accident, or some evil evil person, is making a correction, and at this point there is little that we are going to be able to do about it.

This is not even the last of the bad news. Even if you are in the 80% who will be exposed and get it in one form or another and survive this year, next year this virus is going to mutate, and round 2 will be just as bad. The world has China to thank for this, and whether it be because of the open air live markets allowed to flourish there which cause animal to human transmission or whether this was genetically engineered, the end result of this thing hitting our planet is that our planetary average age is going to go way down... a lot of old people are going to be killed off as the world population adjusts and tries to survive this new aggressive pathogen that almost as if designed to do so, is going to take out the oldest and the weakest. The population density of this planet has just been reached and mother nature, accident, or some evil evil person, is making a correction, and at this point there is little that we are going to be able to do about it.
I was forwarded an email by a friend and one of those in the distribution list was Professor Francis Boyle.
He's a Law Professor and he drafted Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989
I'll let you look up yourself what he thinks of the coronavirus.

Bit of a co-incidence that this place
is 9 miles from the wet market that they are trying to blame.

I even saw it reported that they would sell lab animals to street vendors once they had finished testing on them to make some coin.

Communists are fundamentally evil and they all lie.
100 million dead in the 20th century and all you get back from them is " that wasn't real communism"

Oral high doses of vitamin C are nothing like intravenous vitamin C.

"Approximately 70%–90% of vitamin C is absorbed at moderate intakes of 30–180 mg/day. However, at doses above 1 g/day, absorption falls to less than 50% and absorbed, unmetabolized ascorbic acid is excreted in the urine."
Source
Dr Cheng says he is taking 5g to 10g a day orally as a preventative.
He says it is best sip it during the day as it doesn't stay in your body for long.

A couple of years ago I was switched on to Vit C when a Kiwi, cured his cancer with IV Vit C

Back
Top Bottom