Exceptionally High FECO Yields

It's illegal and licenses for my caste aren't available in the US. Don't want to sell to the wrong person and end up in the criminal system. I have so much I don't have room to store any more. Can't grow any as I have a life time supply.

You can sell tons of it, but if you are a small grower you won't be able to get a license.

Did you hear what time in the plants lifecycle was best ?

Is it from Caplan's research?

Probably in flower. Drought, UV light.

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't stress my plants. Give them only the light they need. Don't push the plants much and my plants are always potent enough. Genetics are probably the most important aspect. By stressing the plant you are more likely to do damage.

Probably in flower. Drought, UV light.

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't stress my plants. Give them only the light they need. Don't push the plants much and my plants are always potent enough. Genetics are probably the most important aspect. By stressing the plant you are more likely to do damage.
I hear what you are saying and it makes good sense too. If the genetics are strong enough for your liking then yes, why the hell bother, you'll probably only stuff if up and cause them to hermie or whatever. I agree with all that, especially for those growers who are only growing one plant and can't afford to risk stuff ups. However, for those folk who can afford to experiment because they have space to run plants on the side differently, then in those cases why not.

I have experience in this, altho it was nothing planned, purely circumstances and luck, but the result intrigued me so much I often played it back in my mind to try and understand what happened. Now, I feel I understand, and it was due to inadvertent drought stress. Of course I think any successful grow needs a few key things, sunshine, temperature, nutrients and water. It was an outdoor grow on my balcony which I didn't start until nearly the second week of Summer, so a late grow in good bag soil, which was only ever given 2 feedings of tomato food, that was all the additional nutrients it ever got. So nutrient wise it was deficient but I probably got away with it because it was a late and thus short grow. The pot was heavy ceramic maybe 15-18 liters that heated up in the sun. The balcony location has stone tiles where in summer the radiant temperature reaches the mid 30C's (or the 90F's). I'd water every day, and every hot summer day by the end it's leaves would be wilting.

The resulting bud upon harvest was airy, something I read could be caused by too much heat. I think now, after having a few more grows in experience, that probably the airy bud was also down to nutritionally spartan soil. However, although the buds and sugar leaves were 'airy', it was like the sugar leaves and bud growth had been coated in shellac, they were stiff and rigid, as if they'd been given a coat or two of varnish. It is worth pointing out that the genetics were unknown, it was bag seed, and the bag of weed it was found in was nothing special, yet the resulting dried and cured bud was exceptional, it was noticeably stronger than 'average', and experienced friends who I gave samples to were likewise very impressed. I felt at the time that the plant must have caused itself to become more sticky/oily to protect itself from the heat and water shortage it experienced, I think now that is what happened, it was a beginner's grow and all down to pure circumstance.

So to recap, I fully agree it's best to aim to keep your plants happy and not stressed. But for those who have the inclination and capacity to experiment, that was my experience of inadvertent drought stressing. On my current grow I have endeavored to keep my 3 plants happy and not stressed, but now I am only 2 - 3 weeks away from harvest I intend to 'ration down' the waterings just to see how it goes, I feel the bud growth so far is probably mostly there, it would be interesting as per the Caplan research whether it can cause a THCa lift. Of course this is just purely subjective, but as my yield this season looks to be greater than I expected I might as well give it a go!

Just for shits and giggles, I'll post a pic of an inadvertent 'dehydration event' that my girls were subjected to just before the New Year when they had no water for 8 days. I think controlled drought stress to raise THCa probably works best in mid/late flowering. Note please, this was unplanned so don't try this at home! A pic of the same girl taken yesterday follows.:hookah:

keep safe and well everyone!

And the same girl taken yesterday

It's illegal and licenses for my caste aren't available in the US. Don't want to sell to the wrong person and end up in the criminal system. I have so much I don't have room to store any more. Can't grow any as I have a life time supply.

You can sell tons of it, but if you are a small grower you won't be able to get a license.
There are lots of things we can say that will absolutely convince others of what and who we are.
Joining my thread dedicated to stressing cannabis plants, only to point out that you do not think it necessary tells me some things. Telling me and the world you are not a very sharing person on a medical cannabis site, and with all this need around you! That speaks volumes.

Please try and be nicer. Lots of nice threads you might enjoy :bongrip:

I’m a firm believer in super cropping. It just kinda makes sense to me. Super cropped my last two plants and was very pleased with results, granted a few could have gone a bit better. But I can not argue with it’s results. It seems very sketchy, but imma super crop all my plants now. Lol super crop for life!

@Maritimer

Hey bud, finished the grow, you get a chance check it out. 23 plus zips jarred smokable buds and about 8 zips of untrimmed buds going directly into FECO.
It's in my signature.

GR

Ahoy @Stunger,
Thanks for sharing your photographs. A picture tells a bunch. I want to run some WW eventually.

@gr865 bro, 23 zips is a harvest any gardener would love to have just had. congrats! I will try and drop in later today. Got to run some love up to the city this morning. dispensaries are all sold out and one of our 420 brothers is hurting bad with some stage 4 running thru him. To make it worse, his wife is on day #3 of quarantine with mild symptoms. I am dropping his jar on the porch like the milk man used to do.

Stay safe, yet loving folks. :)

Ahoy @Stunger,
Thanks for sharing your photographs. A picture tells a bunch. I want to run some WW eventually.

@gr865 bro, 23 zips is a harvest any gardener would love to have just had. congrats! I will try and drop in later today. Got to run some love up to the city this morning. dispensaries are all sold out and one of our 420 brothers is hurting bad with some stage 4 running thru him. To make it worse, his wife is on day #3 of quarantine with mild symptoms. I am dropping his jar on the porch like the milk man used to do.

Stay safe, yet loving folks. :)

Be safe in your travels. Remember social distancing.

Ahoy 420,
Just back from the city and I have to share this. in my career as an aircraft maintenance tech i was thoroughly trained in the recovery of aircraft contaminated with infectious diseases of all types. The carefully worded statements that a mask is not going to prevent you from catching covid is true, technically. The words are arranged in a way as to infer they are of little use to the general population. This is allowing front line responders access to a limited supply of masks.

This is the truth, that is escaping most folks I saw today. Any mask you can fashion, (like a bandanna for example) is way better than nothing at all. The looks I got while in Walmart reaffirmed suspicions of herd ignorance. Because I had modest PPE on inside the store people steered their carts away from me. At the register they opened a special line for me like I was a monster. I wanted a sign saying "don't got it, don't want it". Use your head folks. Everything you touch outside your own safe zone is ....

Silly Rabbits
I put a marijuana leaf sticker on my mask now.
Folks might smile then :)

"
mid 30C's (or the 90F's). I'd water every day, and every hot summer day by the end it's leaves would be wilting.

The resulting bud upon harvest was airy, something I read could be caused by too much heat. "

When it gets hot the buds will spread out to dissipate the heat. It makes the buds look less desirable but the buds will probably have the same or maybe even more potency by weight. You don't want to get the roots too hot though.

There are lots of things we can say that will absolutely convince others of what and who we are.
Joining my thread dedicated to stressing cannabis plants, only to point out that you do not think it necessary tells me some things. Telling me and the world you are not a very sharing person on a medical cannabis site, and with all this need around you! That speaks volumes.

Please try and be nicer. Lots of nice threads you might enjoy :bongrip:

I was just offering my opinion. I wasn't trying to disrupt your thread or anything. Their are so many factors when growing a plant, that it is hard to tell exactly what perimeter is causing a desired effect on the plant. Unless you test for potency with accurate equipment it is difficult to tell any differences. It also depends on which plant? Where from the plant did you take the sample?

When it gets hot the buds will spread out to dissipate the heat. It makes the buds look less desirable but the buds will probably have the same or maybe even more potency by weight. You don't want to get the roots too hot though.

I agree I think that is right, altho it shows the variety of adverse conditions that cannabis can grow and survive in. Of course what I related was unintentional. Since that grow I have used bigger containers, plastic, and not ceramic like that first grow which heats up and holds heat. However, I still have that original ceramic pot so I might reuse it on a future grow and try to recreate the original conditions to recreate that original result. In my current grow which is nearing the end point, I have reduced the watering, to a small amount twice daily. Twice daily because my containers have been heavily drilled out and quickly lose moisture. I don't want to starve them of watering, but give them just enough to let the soil medium dry out and pull in the oxygen which it does quickly then give a second small watering later in the day to replenish them again. We'll see how that goes.

Ahoy 420,
Over the last few months we have had some members that come upon this thread and join in our discussions. This is welcomed, and was essentially my goal in beginning the thread. I wanted to spread the word that the anecdotal claim of drought causing stronger pot has been scientifically verified. All the fancy equipment and lab testing had been done by a young Canadian in his Doctoral thesis.

This thread has some great content that serious discussion participants would want to read from the beginning. I assume that to be the case when I respond to reader discussions. I am guilty of thread jumps myself. Usually ends up I put my foot in my mouth saying something that tells the thread author I have not read the work. My bad!

Speaking of drought we have Triple Cheese, Cheese, Alaskan Purple, and a Cali Orange all in drought downstairs. I think today will be day 4. I will update later. It is the middle of the night and my bed partner named back spasms has (as usual) thrown me from the bed. Three to four hours into my sleep then all hell breaks loose.
A few good rips off my rig, some tunes, then eventually I make my way back to bed for the second sleep. :bongrip: Can't find my always missing bong poker. Dang

Garden Update; Both bloom rooms are in week 7 of flower and the application of drought stress is on day #3. I think I had said they were on day 4 in a prior post. The turgid values of LWA were established at all measurement points and have been recorded back during week 6. None of the plants have been (yet) exogenously treated with any phyto's or "bloom nutrients" and that will be changing soon for some. The Alaskan Purple are already beginning to show trichome enlargement and we are just getting started. I thought about not applying drought to the second AP plant because we have never ran this strain before, but nah she is in drought as well. The Cali Orange is ready and waiting for a trip into the great unknown. We plan to hit her with 150 ppm. MeJA on flower day #50 fully expecting this to extend the flowering period 7 to 10 days allowing for improved fluorescence yields. The colas have more stack time when it works. The Barneys Farm Triple Cheese looks to have a lot of Sativa in her mixed genetics and we may play with some 100 ppm. MeJA.

The classic seed experiment is in progress with one seed being immersed in a solution of SA and American Sycamore brass. The brass temps have been stabilized and maintained at 81 degrees Fahrenheit. The SA was drawn after high speed separation at ~ 40 - 60 mic. filtration. We plan to remain submerged for a 24 hour period. The stated goal being a reintroduction of absicic acid (ABA) into the 20 year old seed husk membrane with hopes of triggering a return to homeostasis. The discussion of stratification is tabled for this round of experimentation. We plan to go straight from the dunk tank to waterboarding.

Cali Clone has been moved to the bloom room after giving us a pair of fine looking cuttings. The cuttings are beings given a shot following @InTheShed guidance. I may still find a way to kill them. Killing clones is really easy.

Stay safe, yet loving. :love:

I’m a firm believer in super cropping. It just kinda makes sense to me. Super cropped my last two plants and was very pleased with results, granted a few could have gone a bit better. But I can not argue with it’s results. It seems very sketchy, but imma super crop all my plants now. Lol super crop for life!

I too believe in SC'ing, have a friend who grows vertical but plant extra plants on the bottom of the grow and did this.
1.JPG
2.JPG
8.JPG

So I gave it a go with one plant this last grow, not as severe as he did.
I chose to SC the major branches close to the mainstem in early veg.
20191221_114707 (2).jpg
20191221_115617 (2).jpg

It turned out to be the heaviest of the 5 plant vertical grow.
20200310_112553 (2).jpg

Over 5.5 zips of smokable buds and 1.8 zips of untrimmed buds that will go directly into making FECO.

Ahoy there.
My morning began with a mess in the bloom room. The Cali Orange flower mass had overcome the strings hanging from the ceiling and tipped the whole plant over on her side. When I righted her she looked at me and said goodbye. Limp and midway into the drought application. The dry medium provides less ballast weight keeping her from tilting. The dryer the medium the less support. I gave her some water and tried to revive her but she was already done.

We hung 460 grams wet branch and bud. Smells awesome.

Seed experiment has not shown any life. This is second full day of waterboarding. We will try again with a different cocktail.

Ahoy there.
My morning began with a mess in the bloom room. The Cali Orange flower mass had overcome the strings hanging from the ceiling and tipped the whole plant over on her side. When I righted her she looked at me and said goodbye. Limp and midway into the drought application. The dry medium provides less ballast weight keeping her from tilting. The dryer the medium the less support. I gave her some water and tried to revive her but she was already done.

We hung 460 grams wet branch and bud. Smells awesome.

Seed experiment has not shown any life. This is second full day of waterboarding. We will try again with a different cocktail.
Yum, Cali Orange on the hang! I bet that smells to the moon! Good save. Keep drowning those seeds of antiquity, one's bound to pop!

Back
Top Bottom