Exceptionally High FECO Yields

branchial growth is thick,fat and woody

I'm crazy impressed with those 10 thick branches! (and the little straggler busting out, hehe)

So far I'm not able to get that kind of growth in a 3 gallon pot, 6 good branches at the most in that time frame. How much does having a 5 gallon pot contribute to that, do you think? If that hunch is correct I may just do one 5 gallon in a 2 x 4 instead of two and leave it at that.

I'm crazy impressed with those 10 thick branches! (and the little straggler busting out, hehe)

So far I'm not able to get that kind of growth in a 3 gallon pot, 6 good branches at the most in that time frame. How much does having a 5 gallon pot contribute to that, do you think? If that hunch is correct I may just do one 5 gallon in a 2 x 4 instead of two and leave it at that.
Hi Brian,
Def listen to Shed bout the 7 gal single in a 2x4.
I think if I would have planted that seed in a 3 gal pot it would look exactly the same at this point. At only 20 days in veg the bigger container is a mute point. It is the genetics. This is partly why I wanted @InTheShed to help me get my act together when cloning. When a gem like this comes along, I want the ability to do like @Skybound and run gobs of clones off her. Taking the very best performer and advancing her clones. I would sure like a four pack of her under a nice lamp.

If I were only planting one in a 2x4 I would go with a 7 gallon pot and veg it long enough and wide enough to fill the tent. No wasted space!

Here is my Golden Tiger in a 2x4, which could have gone wider if I didn't have to carry it through the back door twice a day:
nice kitty
that is one cat I could love
dogs rule

Classic Seed Study Update;

2 are hopeful, specially center bottom
more later...

Ahoy there!
Part of the gig with this thread is I admit my mistakes, and foul-ups so others might take note. I got some of both tonight.

If by some chance the spirit of 420:love: grabs you and you decide to mail seeds too a friend, remember they are fragile. I recently mailed some in a small plastic bag I put inside a folded letter and sealed in the envelope. Upon arrival at my friends house all three seeds had produced stains on the letter where the guts had been smashed out of them by some postal machine. Sad and foolish mistake on my part.

next; the classic seed study error in judgement!!!

In my desperation (after repeated failures) at germinating 40 year old seeds I selected American Sycamore Extract (ASE) for our source of ABA in treating the seeds prior to attempting germination. This was a mistake, as bad as it gets. The ASE solution is comprised of the essential oils extracted from new growth AS leaves and branchial skin diluted by approximately 90 % with pure grain alcohol. This ASE solution was prepared for exogenous use application studies and was not intended for germination sequencing. The discoloration I observed was 190 proof solvent dissolving our specimens. We wanted to refresh the husk, not melt it.

we will return... but meanwhile our waterboard is busy for a couple days. We just began with a Sweet Deep Grapefruit from Dinafem, and one Pure Kush from Green House Seeds. They will join clones in the veg room from a Chem Dawg and a Cheese to form a summer run. :bongrip:

I would have considered using a square of corrugated cardboard and poking the seeds into the corrugations or secure the seeds between them. I once bought 20 seeds in Amsterdam and mistakenly posted them to myself in the UK (where I was living at the time) without any such buffering, 19 out of 20 seeds were crushed. The single one that survived I germinated it in a paper towel and then accidentally broke the tap root off when planting, completely gutted.

It is very interesting your experiments with trying germinate old seeds - I'm willing you on! :hookah:

Ahoy there!
Dab time
3 hours downstairs and I haven't made it into the garden yet.
Ever since my friend @farside05 patiently got me up and running, blending my own @faux Pro-Mix HP my plants have been very happy. This stuff is the shitz. But... nowadays seems I spend a heck of a lot of time outside the garden, in the kiddie pool that don't hold water. We did have a big basement once. The garden is grabbing territory faster than Putin. The area I have been working in (just outside the garden) is our medium reclamation and construction zone. It is about the size of a small apartment and is packed full of used and new goodies we use and consume gardening. A few months back we got away with putting up a second bloom room and now we control 2/3 of the basement footage.

Mrs Maritimer has a gym area she has declared off limits. She has loaned me space from time to time. :love:

Edit... update tonight

Ahoy There!
In my short time being a member of this 420 family the nature of our relationship has mostly consisted of me benefiting in one way or another. I am being taught how to garden better cannabis and occasionally I even get taught how to act. One of my favorite 420 moments was a lesson in sensitivity. In my rambling discourse one night I used an adjective term towards a group of people. My intentions were completely innocent of discrimination, however I was taught how to be more 420 in my posting. The list of benefits I get from all this goes on and on.

Examination of what I rightfully give back leaves little to discuss. My one shining moment would be growing a gardener. He is now a beloved member of our community and a true joy to know. This opportunity has knocked on my door again. A young friend has asked me to mentor his skills after deciding to become a cannabis gardener. I want to help but...Gardening is not right for everyone, and I know it will bum my friend if I explain to him my thoughts. He has already purchased most of the start-up gear but...

My children are raised and no minors are residing in my house in the country where I am the owner for around fifteen years. He lives in a trailer park in the city with a 10 year old son in a rented trailer. I don't want to sound judgmental, but I cannot muster any enthusiasm to support my friends idea. He will be hauled off to prison (again) in no time.

Collective thoughts are welcome

That is a hard one. I know you would want to help him out but with a minor involved maybe you should steer clear. If all goes south then you may be locked up as well, if not you would feel like shite if he did. He is an adult and will make his own decision but your conscious should be clear. I live in a legal area and I still don't let anyone know I grow. :peace: :Rasta:

He will be hauled off to prison

Containing smells is a BIG thing and not as straight forward as first imagined... electric can go off, fans can break, filters can clog, new filters can sometimes not be packed correctly or need modification. One little misstep and 10 of his neighbors will instantly know what's going on. I would say it's too risky and you'd rather not be involved. Tough spot to be in though I feel for ya.

This will get one of my critics (me) to shut his trap for a bit. I have been running cheap HPS bulbs forever. Not this time. The old hippies will be contrite acknowledging they had told me so. We will see. Hope they are worth it.

Back
Top Bottom