Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Help wanted
This was easier back when I could see better. Sexing an unknown Chem Dawg. Both pics same plant,

Second pic makes me think girly

Big footed buddy (previously pictured) who helps make my bubble hash has a new toy. A BHO rig from Amazon. So I provide the flower and he gives me half the catch. This stuff is scary it tastes so good. I have never had BHO before. :)

Straw Hat Stuff

The Cali Orange strain has been the workhorse of our MeJA studies and we have the green light to proceed.
We shall :hookah:

The initial exogenous foliar application will occur today using the 150 ppm. solution of the phytohormonal jazz. yeah I will try to get some good pictures of the trikes at cardinal locations. We will pay particular attention to the shade avoidance manipulation via LWA measurements recorded in the turgid state and of course after the foliar spray. This will be the first time the stronger solution will be investigated. Our jazz supplier has indicated the fun should really ramp up as we go stronger. One of the noted effects of our JA antagonization with the Cali O strain has been the increased population of pistillate hairs on the florescence. I call it "forrestation". Overnight morphological presentations we can see with the naked eye.
More hair than Tom Petty RIP

MeJA side note,
This year we have secured permission from local farmers to conduct field tests on two popular corn hybrids and a soy boy said "hell yes" so we will spray some soy beans. Relax any worries, none of the tested food crops will go to harvest.
Not yet! hehe

More pictures from the meja gig

Ahoy 420,
I aggravated my back yesterday in a bad way and at a bad time. It is gonna be a drag next few days. Please excuse my probable absence.

79 and sunny today here in the middle. good luck with your lock down enforcement Pritzker!

Straw Hat Notes;
Cannabis Puberty
unfinished

The changing of uninterrupted hours of darkness (not periods of illumination) over a period of time signals to the cannabis plant that the genetically driven reproductive demands are to be satisfied. Changes in hormone synthesis and balance (homeostasis) are controlled through the genetic regulatory network (GRN) and as the cultivar turns from the vegetative growth stage to the flowering stage, growth rates appear to accelerate. Cannabis gardeners refer to this process as the “stretch” owing to how the plant tries to stretch towards the light with vigorous new growth.

Stretch = Plant Puberty

The maturity of a plant is a function of internal and external conditions as calculated by the GRN. When the circadian events have realized an accumulation of increased periods of darkness, the balance of hormonal synthesis begins to be altered and the demand for vegetative growth is replaced by reproductive demands. During the “stretch” fewer leaves will develop as branchial structure is prioritized with the thickening of the stalk and branches needed to support the flowers.

Ahoy 420
Late night grumblings mixed with rosin hits...

This government presence in my circle is getting under this old jarhead's skin. For 10 years I served and did my job as a US Marine. I earned the rank upon my honorable discharge of PFC. PFC as in private fcking civilian. Very private. Not real good at following orders anymore either. Now I got some folks running round trying to tell me when and where I can go.
yeah right

Hope I don't get pissed with too much.
Like all my dog brothers, I have kept my ammo dry.
the song says "just leave this long haired country boy alone" :hookah:

MeJA Update;
The clone has reacted to our antagonization. When we are stimulating the plant with meja the GRN reacts as Professor Pete described it would. The JA pathways are "tickled" or "stimulated" when the exogenous application of the ester is introduced. Several days later we can see morphological changes with the naked eye. The turgid value of LWA has increased ~about 15%, having the "praying posture" more erect. This bodes well for the sea of green growers if we tune it right. More plants closer together. As for increased trichome count the "frostiness" indicator is smiling big. We are getting almost 6% pulls (extractions) from our meja trim. That beats 2% we normally get. Our more definitive measure of cannabinoid oil production is reserved for post harvest squish analysis. Looks like this stuff will squeeze juicy alright. The trikes have grown longer and look like they could be brushed. Cool stuff Maynard.

Real quiet here lately.
hope everyone is alright. :love:
Today's picture from locator number #2
Smells fine we says :)

Wowee on the meJa :thedoubletake:
Pretty amazing stuff.
Thanks for the notes on plant physiology.
Hope your back is feeling more betterer?

On this...
He lives in a trailer park in the city with a 10 year old son in a rented trailer. I don't want to sound judgmental, but I cannot muster any enthusiasm to support my friends idea. He will be hauled off to prison (again) in no time.

Collective thoughts are welcome
:nerd-with-glasses:
You did ask.

Is this guy a friend or not?
Ok. If you are (perhaps rightly) worried about the boy witnessing any of your advice/tutorials then visit when he isn’t there. Or get his dad to come round to yours with questions or whatevs.
Risk (to you) eliminated.

Your brief description of his circumstances speaks to your prejudice as much as anything. (Remind me to delete that before I post this, eh?)*

He’s bought the rig. He had to make some pretty hard choices to do that. He’s going to grow anyway. Without your expert, friendly mentorship he’s pretty likely to fuck it up let’s face it.

If it goes well he gets personal pride, medicine for cheap, independence from suburban sadists (aka dealers). That self worth of a well medicated guy whose tenacity, study and effort all feed back in to a pretty healthy role model for his boy.

BTW how the [backspace key] does he have custody?! It doesn’t matter. I know for a fact that whatever brought that about was very distressing for all concerned.

That said, consider now what happens if (when) his home garden fails. His shame is bright and hot. He has already taken food off the table to get it started and now this! He will be withdrawn, probably (let’s follow the natural thread) drinking and drugging and what have you. That’s expensive. Where does that leave the precious minor who was the cause of all the socially responsible concern?

Figure out a way to help your friend, I say.
Pay it forward.

*it read as if you’d already kicked him into a corner. I trust I haven’t misread your intention in posting this.
:green_heart:

Help wanted
This was easier back when I could see better. Sexing an unknown Chem Dawg. Both pics same plant,

Second pic makes me think girly
Hey brother, that's the one to watch.
Straw Hat Stuff

The Cali Orange strain has been the workhorse of our MeJA studies and we have the green light to proceed.
We shall :hookah:

The initial exogenous foliar application will occur today using the 150 ppm. solution of the phytohormonal jazz. yeah I will try to get some good pictures of the trikes at cardinal locations. We will pay particular attention to the shade avoidance manipulation via LWA measurements recorded in the turgid state and of course after the foliar spray. This will be the first time the stronger solution will be investigated. Our jazz supplier has indicated the fun should really ramp up as we go stronger. One of the noted effects of our JA antagonization with the Cali O strain has been the increased population of pistillate hairs on the florescence. I call it "forrestation". Overnight morphological presentations we can see with the naked eye.
More hair than Tom Petty RIP
She's got some nice pistolage to begin with! Good luck with her. She's a looker.

Wowee on the meJa :thedoubletake:
Pretty amazing stuff.
Thanks for the notes on plant physiology.
Hope your back is feeling more betterer?

On this...

:nerd-with-glasses:
You did ask.

Is this guy a friend or not?
Ok. If you are (perhaps rightly) worried about the boy witnessing any of your advice/tutorials then visit when he isn’t there. Or get his dad to come round to yours with questions or whatevs.
Risk (to you) eliminated.

Your brief description of his circumstances speaks to your prejudice as much as anything. (Remind me to delete that before I post this, eh?)*

He’s bought the rig. He had to make some pretty hard choices to do that. He’s going to grow anyway. Without your expert, friendly mentorship he’s pretty likely to fuck it up let’s face it.

If it goes well he gets personal pride, medicine for cheap, independence from suburban sadists (aka dealers). That self worth of a well medicated guy whose tenacity, study and effort all feed back in to a pretty healthy role model for his boy.

BTW how the [backspace key] does he have custody?! It doesn’t matter. I know for a fact that whatever brought that about was very distressing for all concerned.

That said, consider now what happens if (when) his home garden fails. His shame is bright and hot. He has already taken food off the table to get it started and now this! He will be withdrawn, probably (let’s follow the natural thread) drinking and drugging and what have you. That’s expensive. Where does that leave the precious minor who was the cause of all the socially responsible concern?

Figure out a way to help your friend, I say.
Pay it forward.

*it read as if you’d already kicked him into a corner. I trust I haven’t misread your intention in posting this.
:green_heart:
Hi DD,
Thanks for the feedback. My determined friend can be sure of my help refining some gardening skills. That is our 420 way around here. It used to be that most gardeners met and talked mostly in prison or jail. We will work around that.

Are you well read?
Parts of your grammar reminds me of one of my favorite English authors. His best work (IMO) was "The Screwtape Letters". A genius, then and now. Of course I refer to Lewis, so not to be confused with his good friend Tolkien. Both Brits. Would love to have had a bowl of pipe weed with those gents. :love:

Ahoy 420,
I am super jazzed to say our friend @survivorx2 is busting the "sit on your ass order" and is blazing a trail across the land of lincoln. He should be here in about 2 hours and we will play with some cannabis and talk about gardening. My pooch Tennessee is gonna be stoked. He is bringing his dog for fun in the back yard. :)

Hi DD,
Thanks for the feedback. My determined friend can be sure of my help refining some gardening skills. That is our 420 way around here. It used to be that most gardeners met and talked mostly in prison or jail. We will work around that.

Are you well read?
Parts of your grammar reminds me of one of my favorite English authors. His best work (IMO) was "The Screwtape Letters". A genius, then and now. Of course I refer to Lewis, so not to be confused with his good friend Tolkien. Both Brits. Would love to have had a bowl of pipe weed with those gents. :love:
I’m glad you’ll be helping your buddy. They have to not tell anyone to avoid gaol. It’s the same where I live.
On gaol for medicine-related “crime” and who to blame I read “Chasing The Scream” by Johan Hari (another Brit). By way of a counter-recommendation.
Thanks for reminding me to keep my eyes peeled for the screwtape letters when second-hand bookshops open again. (How is this not an essential service?!)
Lewis and Tolkien - now there’s a dinner party in the making. I tell you who else would make for interesting conversation and that would have been Clive James. His ‘Cultural Amnesia’ was so much more than a doorstop.

While prison might give a guy a chance to read, you don’t have to get locked up to free your mind :) My only regret about growing medicine is that I didn’t start doing it earlier.
Sometimes a guy just needs a break. One thing that will help your buddy get a crop to harvest is if you can give him a jar of edibles to hold him down once the flowers start.
I hope that goes well I really do. It won’t be a million miles off topic (now) for you to post progress here. Just a thought.
Yay! for a Tennessee play date! He’s gonna havva ball.
:passitleft:

Lewis and Tolkien - now there’s a dinner party in the making. I tell you who else would make for interesting conversation and that would have been Clive James. His ‘Cultural Amnesia’ was so much more than a doorstop.
And now more than ever, I enjoy your clever moniker "DonkeyDick".
It is the truth be told, we can't judge a book by it's cover.
I would have never guessed a dude named dd would have known what or who I was talking about.
Goes to show ya.
Glad too have met you. :bongrip:

Straw Hat Stuff;
MeJA update.. We had to move plants around because the Chem Dawgs are monsters. If I could only control growth in 5 gallon containers... dang. Grabbed a few pics from our latest test tube baby. This is best trained plant I have managed. Thanks to Shed, Graytail, GR, and Stoneotter for all the special help besides everyone else who is helping me learn.
Might not be a plant of the month, but she is special to me.

Back
Top Bottom