Exceptionally High FECO Yields

That cali is sweet Maritimer, beautiful work! How swollen her calyx's!
@Pennywise was first to spot the Cali Orange as a pretty girl in a picture I had posted. I was not that fond of the strain at first, wanting a more powerful punch. After smoking some "DC60" my thinking has changed. I pause to thank @Emilya for her enlightening me to enjoying longer cured flower. Em mentioned 30 days minimum before smoke. :love:

This smokes incredibly smooth, allowing for more full throttle hits. With sixty days of managed curing the taste has totally morphed in a pleasant way. The fruit is there. Can't say I call it Orange, but fruity oh yeah.

@Pennywise was first to spot the Cali Orange as a pretty girl in a picture I had posted. I was not that fond of the strain at first, wanting a more powerful punch. After smoking some "DC60" my thinking has changed. I pause to thank @Emilya for her enlightening me to enjoying longer cured flower. Em mentioned 30 days minimum before smoke. :love:

This smokes incredibly smooth, allowing for more full throttle hits. With sixty days of managed curing the taste has totally morphed in a pleasant way. The fruit is there. Can't say I call it Orange, but fruity oh yeah.
A good citrus aftertaste is delish!

The first time I did this, I was very pleasantly surprised and I can imagine the look on your face as you discovered this too. Growing the pot is just half of the process of producing connoisseur grade marijuana; the rest is in the cure.

Garden Update...
Cali Orange Clone- Mid week 7 of flower, her pistols have began turning colors and retracting. We have elected to apply drought stress and today is day #3 in that process. This clone only had 21 days of veg time and is planted in a smaller (3.5 GAL.) container. On flower day 45 we resisted the temptation of applying a second MeJA treatment. The fact that we have no control plant renders these results for statistical purposes only. I will document the squish yields into our spreadsheet by strain but cannot make comparative assumptions beyond that point.

Chem Dawg #2- Mid week 4 of flower, her flowers are blooming. The plant has been vigorous in all phases of growth. Clones were taken prior to flowering. These need quad plus trims to battle height issues. Reading about maybe bumping silica during first few weeks of stretch to fight the vertical growth. My JR Peters guy talked about running high P during stretch. Fun shit huh.

Chem Dawg #1- Mid week 3 of flower, she was moved to bloom room #2 joining the other giant plant, her seed sister. Again, and no I am not selling any but these Chem Dawgs are blowing the other strains away thus far. I set out yesterday to try super cropping a few shoots and found the branch wood like. This stuff has kahunas. She should have little need for help holding her fruit in place.

Seedman Cheese- Mid week 3 of flower, she has sprouted blooms at decent spacing for a taller pheno. The “quad plus” training is where I leave on an extra set of branches because I basically goofed. Anyhow she had quad plus and it has helped manage her lust for the vertical. This strain has impressed and a clone was taken.

Veg Room Crew
Chem Dawg Clones- numbers 1 & 2 are mid week 3 of veg. Both plants have been quad lined and are now bushy and lush. They are in 5 gallon containers already and will soon head to the bloom rooms.

Cheese Clone- mid week 3 of veg she has been quad lined and up potted to 5 gallon. Looking fuller than her mother at same age LOL. Cloning got so much better with dip n grow. thanks shed :)

LSD Seedling & Kush seedling are both mid week 2 of veg. Both are in 1 gallon awaiting up pot later this week. The Kush cultivar has been pale looking from the get go. Don't think she is deficient in any nutrient. Perhaps it is the strain as I have never grown a Kush before?

Straw Hat stuff;
Our MeJA study participant of the Cali Orange lineage is presently in her eighth day of drought. LWA is measured at almost 40 degrees (a shade over) so I project she will go 2 more days before we have to rescue her.

The garden giants in bloom room 2 are both Chem Dawgs. I have decided to run the next Chem Dawgs differently. When we flip to 12 hours I am going to increase the potassium silicate by 10% for two weeks in an effort to tame these beasts. If that should prove futile, we have another plan involving ABA.

~200% growth in 2 weeks is not cool in a 7 foot tall space. :)

Wow Maritimer I wish I found this thread earlier. I came upon the Caplan study separate from this thread and have been chewing it over for a month or more now. I even posted about it on a thread here without much interest.
I believe someone straight up said I misread it and that I am doing things wrong. It’s cool that we can talk about these ideas in this thread without the negative judgments.
I’m glad to be in the right spot now. Im 30 pages into this thread so far.
My plants are on day 6 of the drought stress now. 5 gallon soil @ day 57 flowering.
I’m real interested in your results and to compare with mine. I also use a aloe drench for the SA.
This study is what prompted me to think about the drought stress...

I have more questions after reading it. But it sounds like they withheld water for 11 days starting on week 7 of flower and saw an increase in THC. Something to think about.

Ahoy @CannaFish ,
Welcome aboard.
This thread takes a lot of turns but the bread and butter here remains the application of abiotic stress in the simple form of drought. If I can help any way, just ask. You are going to be amazed.

Thanks @Maritimer!
What I need to work out is the timing of the drought applications.

I'm using seed plants, but clones seem necessary for replication of results.

The reason would be that the harvest date needs to be known ahead of time to know when to apply the drought.

2nd I would need to know how how long it takes for the petiole to wilt to the point of drought stress.

Those 2 unknowns make the waters muddy for me.
But I am roughly wading through the unknown with my 2 seedplants.

They are in 5 gallon fabric pots. Watering every 4 days with mega crop. I'm roughly guessing harvest around day 63.

I watered at day 51 and plan to not water for 11 days right before harvest. I'm guessing by day 8 the plants will need water.

What does your schedule look like?

Here's a day 53 pic...

1.jpg

Thanks @Maritimer!
What I need to work out is the timing of the drought applications.
I'm using seed plants, but clones seem necessary for replication of results.
The reason would be that the harvest date needs to be known ahead of time to know when to apply the drought.

The use of seed stock or clones for drought application to improve oil yields is our objective. The need for clones in a study is for comparative analysis. When clones are utilized the timing mimics mother as you have pointed out. Seed stock is more difficult to time, but not a big deal really. If your drought runs full course and she is not ready for harvest , return her to normal fertigation scheduling until your harvest goals (trike color) are met. If the drought brings her up to harvest time, do not rescue her. Just chop.

2nd I would need to know how how long it takes for the petiole to wilt to the point of drought stress.

The petiole to branch angle we call leaf wilt angle (LWA). When you begin your drought this is the angle you monitor and when she accumulates 50 degrees of wilt you rescue or harvest. The first measurement is taken turgid (happy and healthy) and changes to this measurement are wilt.

lmao, i am no master 420 website user. wth is that?

@Maritimer you have some fine esoteric knowledge there and you communicate it well!
Damn gremlins in the ether.
If I may... I lifted your response to @CannaFish and pasted it again here - in case a reader missed it..

“The use of seed stock or clones for drought application to improve oil yields is our objective. The need for clones in a study is for comparative analysis. When clones are utilized the timing mimics mother as you have pointed out. Seed stock is more difficult to time, but not a big deal really. If your drought runs full course and she is not ready for harvest , return her to normal fertigation scheduling until your harvest goals (trike color) are met. If the drought brings her up to harvest time, do not rescue her. Just chop.

The petiole to branch angle we call leaf wilt angle (LWA). When you begin your drought this is the angle you monitor and when she accumulates 50 degrees of wilt you rescue or harvest. The first measurement is taken turgid (happy and healthy) and changes to this measurement are wilt.”
:thanks:

@Maritimer you have some fine esoteric knowledge there and you communicate it well!
Damn gremlins in the ether.
I had to google "esoteric" and that don't happen a lot. LOL
I apologize if my verbiage occasionally strays too far off the grid. For over ten years I published daily market reports and commentary on the global dry bulk shipping equities. That is where my screen name Maritimer comes from. These reports were expected to sound intelligent, even when easier explanations were available. When folks are putting up money based on what you say, you learn to pick and choose your words very carefully.

I do loosen up after a few late night rips. :bongrip:

That's good to know @Maritimer, I wasn't sure if it was important to water or not at the end of drought period if the plant was ready for harvest. I'm thinking I will water with RO water after the drought period and then if its ready, I'll stick her in the dark for a day or 2 before chopping. I've got 2 different seed plants I'm doing this to.

That's good to know @Maritimer, I wasn't sure if it was important to water or not at the end of drought period if the plant was ready for harvest. I'm thinking I will water with RO water after the drought period and then if its ready, I'll stick her in the dark for a day or 2 before chopping. I've got 2 different seed plants I'm doing this to.
Cool beans!
Keep us posted please. :)

Welcome to the place where we dry em out before we chop em Cannafish.

Back
Top Bottom