Exceptionally High FECO Yields

MeJA update,
Cali Orange clone
Grabbed shots of locator 1 & 2. She might run past Sunday and we are fine with that.

wow nice resin on the cali-o! What was your watering frequency for the plants before the 10 day drought?

Mine are definitely wilted after 7 days. They were used to a watering every 4 days.

Large leaves are yellowing and close to falling off. I didn't take a leaf angle measurement for reference, but it's obvious they are seriously wanting water. you can see a fan leaf in the back of the photo below...

Resin is abundant and the heads look large, but not a lot of bud mass on this plant. Day 58 now

mk2.jpg

Ahoy @CannaFish
For a long time I fertigated every third day, the good old days. Then I got to know @InTheShed . Nowadays, I fertigate when the pots are light to lift. A lot also changes with your medium and the rate it dries out. You mentioned soil. Not sure what you meant by soil. I run a faux version of Pro-Mix HP similar to Caplan. Also I am not sure what kind of light you are using. HID will dry your medium faster than LED. The list of variables goes on and on, but from the looks of your photo's you got the idea. Great job for being new to the deprivation gig. :)

Ahoy 420,
In keeping with tradition, my outdoor life has put me and the essential oils of various plants together. Judging by the smaller blisters spreading like a fire on my hand I say we got into some poison oak, but it could be sumac. How this impacts my gardening depends on slowing the spread. My hands are terrible at practicing social distancing. The more I try to keep them apart (as the left is sick but the right is not) the more I find them holding each other? Tell the left hand stay away from my penis unless wearing ppe and suddenly I am like Al Bundy with my left hand warmly buried in my crotch. Next I will catch myself trying to wipe my ass with the left hand. Rub the eyes, oh hell yes. Smoke a joint, sure just inhale the shit from your dripping left hand. In a matter of days I will be completely overrun by this little virus and aint shit I can do about it. The VA is sending the regular steroid pack but it will get here after the battle has been lost.

Wow

Ahoy @CannaFish
For a long time I fertigated every third day, the good old days. Then I got to know @InTheShed . Nowadays, I fertigate when the pots are light to lift. A lot also changes with your medium and the rate it dries out. You mentioned soil. Not sure what you meant by soil. I run a faux version of Pro-Mix HP similar to Caplan. Also I am not sure what kind of light you are using. HID will dry your medium faster than LED. The list of variables goes on and on, but from the looks of your photo's you got the idea. Great job for being new to the deprivation gig. :)

ahoy @Maritimer!
That’s how i determine when to water as well.

For soil I am using Fox farms ocean forest in fabric 5 gallon pots. Medium sized plants with about 12 main branches. “Quadlined” . They’re under a 250w quantum board led. Ambient temps get up to about 87F. Humidity up to 70%

I’m not planning on fertigating at the last watering. I’m probably wrong but I don’t see any reason to fertilize right before harvest. I’m thinking pure water should be sufficient to rehydrate before harvest.

I was very tempted to water them last night after 7 days but I’m going to go hard on them. I’ll be very curious to see what happens after another day or 2 of drought,then giving them water.
I’m used to seeing veg plants wilt then perk back up. But never one so deep in flower.

A good friend of mine is friends with Willie. I think that is his name, or I am real close. This guy Willie owns Fox Farms. According to my buddy who has toured the FF operation these are the real hippies. These guys go way back to the days when the only thing smelling like pine in California was coming out of Humboldt. Ya know what I mean? Anyhow that bag of amended peat moss (FFOF) is at least two years old and has been repeatedly inspected for pathogens and yuck. Top shelf medium. Can't say enough without folks thinking I am on the payroll.

Watering before you harvest is the hobbitual thing to do when possible. Hell, give her a bon bon and put on her favorite music. Remember before you chop, she is a living organism and should be offered the respect her creator might expect.
The grower did not require seed or clones to produce cannabis. :bongrip:
We tend to these plants, we don't grow them. Beyond our abilities as gardeners. IMO

I like fox farms so far. All I amended was a cup of dolomite lime and a cup of gypsum to each bag. I also used a low dose of mega crop all through flower and watered to run off. Each plant had diff feeding needs. And watering. I gave my haze the same feeding as the hybrids the first time in flower and I think it shocked her and she’s been stalled in growth since.

I’ve got music playing down there when I’m tending to them.
I can imagine something sad and epic like this playing for the suffering plants...

Dang Maritimer I hope you're still there when they peel the scab off! I wonder if @InTheShed has a recipe for you to help? Or @Magnus8 ?
Bro,
No kidding I hear a horn honk in the driveway. I go outside and a lady gets out of a USPS jeep and brings me the steroids. I live way out in hobbit country way away from most folks. Plus I just talked with them (Veterans Administration Doctors) yesterday afternoon. They call me super allergic and we go thru this most every summer. It has landed me in ICU before. They must love me...nah, they don't wan't me havin to come to the hospital.

Cool beans

I broke the drought on day 8 and gave them some RO water mixed with 1tbs/gallon turbinado sugar and a bit of cool blue gatorade. So they went 2x a long as a normal watering. Big difference from day 7 to 8.

Almost all non-sugar leaves have yellowed and wilted. Some smaller leaves are contorting upwards. The struggle is real.

Resin is off the hook.

mkk.jpg
mk.jpg

Ahoy @CannaFish
I guarantee your cannabinoid profile has been "turbo charged" in the above pictured plant. The coolest part (when it works out) is running an identical "control" clone side by side. All the chatter and noise about whether this works or not will become silent as you perform a few tests.. Clone vs. stressed clone. Wanna make a bet? haha
Perform identical rosin press extractions.
Perform identical alcohol extractions.
Perform identical BHO extractions.
Smoke identical bones.

You and anyone else who seriously tries this will probably continue applying controlled abiotic stress the remainder of your cannabis gardening runs. Unless of course the brutality of our actions wears on your hobbitual sensitivities. Bothers me... :love:

I broke the drought on day 8 and gave them some RO water mixed with 1tbs/gallon turbinado sugar and a bit of cool blue gatorade. So they went 2x a long as a normal watering. Big difference from day 7 to 8.

Almost all non-sugar leaves have yellowed and wilted. Some smaller leaves are contorting upwards. The struggle is real.

Resin is off the hook.

mkk.jpg
mk.jpg
Ahoy Stone,
We might give consideration for a "fast track" commissioning of another science officer?
This person displays an appetite for success and perhaps the same balls of steel that help us roll.
With name like cannafish, we would finally have a shipmate who's screen name does not make me jealous. .
@DonkeyDick and myself Maritimer might be someone else today if we could change our selected names. LOL

Ahoy Stone,
We might give consideration for a "fast track" commissioning of another science officer?
This person displays an appetite for success and perhaps the same balls of steel that help us roll.
With name like cannafish, we would finally have a shipmate who's screen name does not make me jealous. .
@DonkeyDick and myself Maritimer might be someone else today if we could change our selected names. LOL
I give a big welcome!

Ahoy @CannaFish
I guarantee your cannabinoid profile has been "turbo charged" in the above pictured plant. The coolest part (when it works out) is running an identical "control" clone side by side. All the chatter and noise about whether this works or not will become silent as you perform a few tests.. Clone vs. stressed clone. Wanna make a bet? haha
Perform identical rosin press extractions.
Perform identical alcohol extractions.
Perform identical BHO extractions.
Smoke identical bones.

I gave a cut to a buddy that’s growing it in hydro, so it will be fun to compare the 2. Somehow he’s already harvested. And I think I started mine in flower first. So 2 very different methods all around.

there’s actually 2 plants in the tent getting the same drought treatment. The other plant might be better. It’s putting off an amazing peach smell and has thick chunky buds but a lot of sugar leaf like this one. Probably good rosin plants? I’ve never done that.

There’s a 3rd NY haze plant that got 7 days drought but it still has another 30 days to go in flower.

I gave a cut to a buddy that’s growing it in hydro, so it will be fun to compare the 2. Somehow he’s already harvested. And I think I started mine in flower first. So 2 very different methods all around.

there’s actually 2 plants in the tent getting the same drought treatment. The other plant might be better. It’s putting off an amazing peach smell and has thick chunky buds but a lot of sugar leaf like this one. Probably good rosin plants? I’ve never done that.

There’s a 3rd NY haze plant that got 7 days drought but it still has another 30 days to go in flower.
Bubbleheads can turn faster than us. No offense intended.

For me, when a strain produces a lot of sugar leaves that changes my harvest routines and even re purposes the majority of that cultivar. When I ran a strain I cant remember a while back, the flowers never really firmed and sugar was abundant. I love hashish so I ordered a set of bags. Didn't use them. The harvested flower was mixed with the fluffy buds and we performed BHO extractions. I did use the bags on all the mixed trim. Rosin is normally a pure flower play, but I'm thinking pucks could be pressed from sugar.

My thinking on drought applications that occur prematurely in a plants development would be that they are detrimental to your plant. We are most careful to avoid anything stressful that can be eliminated. Bad enough we are usually busy super cropping and the strategic defoliation's also equal abiotic stress. The goal is during week 6 as week 7 approaches we get the plant as happy and healthy as you can. Dont piss her off for anything. This is getting her ready for turgid measurements (critical) and at the top of her game when the rains end.

ny haze huh, i got some chem dawgs running. ny city girls :love:

You’re right about not stressing beforehand. The ny haze is a touchy one with me so far. I shouldn’t have fertilized her with the mega crop like I did with these other hashplant hybrids. She’s stalled up on me and hasn’t put out many fresh pistils.

probably not a good choice running them together in the tent but the thought of no haze in my life is kind of horrifying.

Btw I call it NY haze but it’s from a simply irresistible seed from chimera. It’s the definition of everything I’ve heard of NY haze.

Ahoy 420,
Not sure if it is the steroids or what but I got to thinking about something a friend said to me here. Wondered about why my thread might have so many views but not many participants. Now I feel like a person who just passed loud gas in a car mistakenly thought to be empty. A tip of the Stetson to my friend for his input. We did not intend when setting out to publicly experiment much less alienate the good folks I hoped to befriend and needed to help teach me gardening skills. I am forever in debt to the whole lot of ya.
I will put my best foot forward at writing like I talk. :)

Back
Top Bottom