Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Ahoy @DonkeyDick @Virgin Ground @Heavenly Hybrid
Sipping coffee in the morning sun and my little Polish mind got to thinking.
I liked the crew we formed and was wondering if we couldn't somehow manage the run without offending our host.
Would it be breaking any rules say if I arranged the purchase of the reproductive balls and distributed them privately?
I for one would love a run with anything genetically Jack Herer :love:
Thoughts?

I wouldn't use that particular sponsor for anything resembling a comp here or even mention them right now.

I'm trying to put something together..with another of our sponsors. Give me a few days. I can't promise anything though.

I wouldn't use that particular sponsor for anything resembling a comp here or even mention them right now.

I'm trying to put something together..with another of our sponsors. Give me a few days. I can't promise anything though.
I hope you are able... the fun we could have. :)

I tried a few sponsors and got the same response. They are all to busy to give a comparative proper attention.
I know that one of the seed banks isn't allowing new customers right now. They are 5 weeks behind. Only existing customers can order.

I really can't fault them for saying no. Things are tough all over.

I did try for y'all. This doesn't mean that we can't try to set one up in the future, just that right now isn't a good time.

Ahoy 420,
We have a few plants nearing harvest and I am reaching out for a explanation and method of "Harvest Washing". I know our CSO @Brian420pm and @Graytail are both proponents of the practice. As an indoor gardener I have never paid too much attention to it before. Also knowing both mentioned friends grow indoors I figured I should ask.

Remember the saying there are no dumb questions? Be nice :)

I washed one harvest to see if it made a big difference. I couldn’t see anything much left behind in the rinse buckets. They might have been fluffier. They were fridge dried as well. I only did the bud wash that once. Maybe if I had to do some pest control in flower I’d wash again.

I tried washing on the current indoor harvest.
I used the concentrated lemon juice and baking soda in the first bucket and 2 RO rinse buckets after that. There was enough residue coming off to make me want to keep doing it for future harvest.
Some people had said their buds seem to dry faster and evenly after washing. Mine are taking their time getting to stem snapping dryness, but I wanted them to dry slowly, so that’s a good thing. Once they are dried and cured for a minute I’ll report back on drought stressed and washed buds.

The (3) 5 gallon buckets were at room temp. I dunked each bud for maybe15-30 seconds and gently dunked up and down the whole time making sure not to bump the bottom or sides of the bucket.
How much lemon and soda did you use?

There's an entire thread devoted to washing the harvest. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Bud Washing

I've skipped it a few times and I always notice the added harshness when I don't wash.

After years of washing my harvest, I'm completely sold on the idea. It produces superior herb, period. :slide:

There's an entire thread devoted to washing the harvest. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Bud Washing

I've skipped it a few times and I always notice the added harshness when I don't wash.

After years of washing my harvest, I'm completely sold on the idea. It produces superior herb, period. :slide:
Thank you. I look forward to the wash and have a marvelous looking Cheese and pair of fat Chem Dawgs that will all get the treatment. My taste buds are in pretty good shape not drinking alcohol last 3 years. I can actually taste food again.

I will read the thread during down time tonight.
Thanks both of you for the help. :)

Look what you made me do :eek: ...;)
Nine days of preharvest drought for my beloved bagseed, Isabelle Red.
I’ve been growing her a year and she ends here. This is her last gasp.
Her leaf angle went from turgid
80D98EBD-D82C-4084-BC1B-EDBF2AD423FB.jpeg

To this overnight, today being day 68 of 12/12
164034AB-4296-4E12-8282-424F8F8596DE.jpeg

The smell pouring out of her was incredible! As soon as I opened the door I had no doubt the carbon filter worked. It felt like the CO2 pouring from the stage at a concert, the smell.
Anyway, by the time she had had all she could drink either I was nose-blind or it had stopped.
:nerd-with-glasses:
Interestingly...
Yesterday
339B1243-74E6-479E-9679-D9E5EBC772A8.jpeg

And today
DC8BDB48-BE99-4854-B61A-908268BFA343.jpeg

D1A52DA4-FE47-4597-B45D-DD068E970DE6.jpeg

She never was the frostiest. Delicious flavour, though. I think even with these cruddy (sorry) pictures and these equally cruddy (yes) donkey eyes I can see a difference.
The return on the rosin will be a test to see whether there is a measurable difference. I will inform you of informal findings if I’m still allowed to visit.
It’s these ears.
They catch ideas.
And yours are good. And I just wanted to say so.
:peace::love:

Ahoy @DonkeyDick,
Thanks for sharing this. :love:
Congratulations on your harvest and your first intentionally droughted cannabis run. I have found it difficult or impossible to ignore the benefits of this natural enhancement technique. It is uncommon now for me not to apply drought stress. I have a Cheese and 2 Chem Dawgs on day 5 as we speak.

Cool. I’m glad you’re not annoyed me coming over with photos. (We have some friends we hardly ever visit because of their interminable slideshows. It would be the height of social illiteracy I’m sure if they started bringing their memory sticks around to plug into our tv).
So do you routinely harvest a set amount of time after the rescue drink, or you just wait til she looks turgid and/or ready? I’m guessing it will take her a day or two to get through the feed she just had.

Maritimer's extremely interesting postings on the effects of drought stress caused me to reflect back to an inadvertent drought stressed plant I grew some years ago with remains the most super sticky plant I have grown. My last (recent) grow I tried to apply this without any scientific method or control over the last 2 weeks of flowering by barely watering. A growing friend grew the same seeds and now I can compare his to mine, being the same strains they are quite similar but it seems his is a little drier of resin, such that if using my silver surfer wand vape, that when you pack the wand, because the vaporizer heats by convection and therefore on demand, the herb will last a certain number of tokes before it needs to be tipped out and refilled with fresh ground bud. I feel I get more tokes from mine which I put down to the drought stressing. It is probably a little easier to control what you are doing in a tent compared to outdoors when the weather can come along and flood your plant in the middle of drought stress. But I am for it. I imagine there is an effect over a range of drought stress conditions. That some drought stress may still give a little benefit, but when done better a better increase of resin will result. And of course when over done and your plant is croaks for lack of water. :hookah:

Ahoy @DonkeyDick my log eared friend,
Your pictures and story are always welcome here.

We have enjoyed enhanced flowers that are chopped without rescue at the end of bloom. Not Hobbitual IMO. But more often the actual chop date is after a return to turgid (or near) and trichome colors are the driver. The resinous glands, both the stalk and bulbous head will be noticeably larger and more numerous.

@Stunger your vape test is more than just anecdotal evidence. You cannot suck what is not there. :hookah:

I have no explanation why people spend tons of money on blossom boosters and such, but would never intentionally drought 4 months work.. They do not want to believe this could work, and most won't even try a serious drought. :)

No bloom booster needed.

Garden pics

The 3 big girls in room 2 are on the sixth day of drought. :)

I feel I get more tokes from mine which I put down to the drought stressing. It is probably a little easier to control what you are doing in a tent compared to outdoors when the weather can come along and flood your plant in the middle of drought stress.
Back in the 80's I saw Apache Indians living south of the border use some giant tarps to cover a few outdoor patches as a rare rainstorm approached. They said the rain would dilute the flowers late in the growing season. The Indians produced such a good product it may have cost them their lives. Next year all the Indians were gone without a trace. Locals wouldn't speak of them anymore. Anyhow you are moving indoors. Right?

Back
Top Bottom