Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Back in the 80's I saw Apache Indians living south of the border use some giant tarps to cover a few outdoor patches as a rare rainstorm approached. They said the rain would dilute the flowers late in the growing season. The Indians produced such a good product it may have cost them their lives. Next year all the Indians were gone without a trace. Locals wouldn't speak of them anymore. Anyhow you are moving indoors. Right?

That is an interesting recollection re keeping the drought stress going and makes sense too. Maybe that was the triggering event that got you first interested in beneficial drought stress. I certainly hope that the Indian folk you saw didn't come to grief, we can all learn from other's methods. Re moving to indoor growing, no, I would love to have the option but I currently don't see how I'll get the backing of my wife on that one, but if the door creeps open I'll be interested!

Ahoy 420,
We are fighting a gravity and balance issue that can be fatal to our plants. Specifically Chem Dawg #2 is a good example. She is just about four feet tall in a 5 gallon bucket. I was late on the Quad chop so she ended up a "six pack" as in 6 main branches instead of four. Being fully laden with flowers mostly at 3 feet or higher off the surface of the medium she is top heavy and develops lists to one side or another. When the 5 gallons of medium are saturated through fertigation the medium is heavy and a good support for the plant above. The application of drought will decay the ballast capacity of the medium as it loses weight drying. Top getting heavy while bottom loses weight = avalanche. We nearly had Chem Dawg #2 on her side this morning. I have pushed her up against a wall to hold back the inevitable. She is on day 7 of drought and is in total shutdown mode losing turgidness throughout. She will probably force a rescue. The only cure I have so far is mechanical intervention with strings to the rafters for each branch. This plants position made it hard to get her the support she needed.

Moral of the ramblings; The top heavy cultivars will want to fall over on you so be careful to support the branches. :love:

Ahoy 420,
Day 7 Drought
I was asked to show an example of leaf wilt angle measures. In the picture the crooked blue line I drew is where we started (turgid) and the actual position of the petiole is how the angle is formed. As the leaf wilts this angle will increase. When around 50 degrees of accumulated wilt has been reached she is ready to be rescued or harvested.

In a nutshell there it is. :hookah: :bongrip:

Was not good enough for my pal so I did it again. Need to find a program like @Preston9mm uses to make pics look better.

We nearly had Chem Dawg #2 on her side this morning.

My first grow I had no support and one day most of the plant toppled over omg I had to wait a couple days and then tied up all the branches with yoyos. Second grow I tried a net and loved it so much will never try anything else, set it up once and done, yay :)

MeJA Study Update;
The next round of MeJA investigations has began with an epic failure, and I put the majority of blame on the process I call rezination. The practice of making cannabis stonier. Smoking some of the recently harvested Cali Clone, I decided to clean a bloom room and rearranged the plants for best lighting according to size and shape. I do this pretty often, sometimes rotating plants. I went outside under the Red Maple for a few more hits of the bone and got to thinking about our next foliar application of MeJA scheduled for the Cheese Clone. All revved up to go spray some Jazz I went back downstairs and fully saturated the plant with 150 ppm. MeJA. Back out under the Red Maple again for a few more celebratory puffs.

Oh, hell no!
Back to the basement and sure as shit I done sprayed the wrong plant.

So now I have an un scheduled and un planned investigation using feminized seed stock from Dinafem called LSD. I will pull something from my bag of tricks. No clue as to what yet... update to follow :bongrip:

p.s. It just occurred to me that I should have pressed forward with treating the Cheese Clone with the phytohormone.. Oh well, :hookah: tomorrow works.

Straw hat notes;
just an idea but want it written before it is gone.

we know that the jasomite (JA) pathways are "directly wired" to the plants defense mechanisms that produce the essential oils containing our beloved cannabinoids. under threat from insects and other pathogens or as a result of drought the changing levels of ABA will regulate and control the plants response to the antagonist. early in veg a plant under siege will have a higher level of ABA than when she is older and in flower. Because of this higher level of ABA when she is young, she will know if attacked to prioritize and protect her foliar mass with extra oils. When she is older and the level of ABA has dropped, if she is attacked she will know she is in flower and will prioritize a complete defense of her floral mass to the point of abandoning the foliar mass altogether. Said different, in flower she wont give a rat's ass about her leaves.

next thought Using MeJA during rooting of clones :love:

MeJA Study Update;
The next round of MeJA investigations has began with an epic failure, and I put the majority of blame on the process I call rezination. The practice of making cannabis stonier. Smoking some of the recently harvested Cali Clone, I decided to clean a bloom room and rearranged the plants for best lighting according to size and shape. I do this pretty often, sometimes rotating plants. I went outside under the Red Maple for a few more hits of the bone and got to thinking about our next foliar application of MeJA scheduled for the Cheese Clone. All revved up to go spray some Jazz I went back downstairs and fully saturated the plant with 150 ppm. MeJA. Back out under the Red Maple again for a few more celebratory puffs.

Oh, hell no!
Back to the basement and sure as shit I done sprayed the wrong plant.

So now I have an un scheduled and un planned investigation using feminized seed stock from Dinafem called LSD. I will pull something from my bag of tricks. No clue as to what yet... update to follow :bongrip:

p.s. It just occurred to me that I should have pressed forward with treating the Cheese Clone with the phytohormone.. Oh well, :hookah: tomorrow works.
Hehe, you never know what you might learn from being human!

Ahoy @stoneotter
Was just thinking about you. The Bose 301 speakers (simply the best) in the garden are playing one of my favorite songs. Written in 1810 this song is Two Hundred and Ten years old. I have asked my grandchildren when they giggle at my music if they really think anyone will be listening to Lady Gaga in 200 years? They just laugh some more.

Of course I am talking about the classic Bagatelle No. 25 (fur elise) in A minor LVB cranked out on the piano. The leg work is most difficult to master I have been told.

Yep, today we will have another go at some "classic" seed germination methods and maladies. I remember what you told me about the Altoids tin with sand. Add something like that to our brass and see what pops. Thanks bro :love:

Garden update;
We had to rescue Chem Dawg #2 this morning. She went 8 days in drought, but without mechanical support her heavy flowers and the loss of turgidness have warranted my intervention. The frostiness indicators tell us the 8 days was sufficient for this cultivar. She produced a defense genetically controlled for species survival. Protect them seeds girls. No water, let's oil em up!

The other Chem Dawg and the Cheese will press on with the drought until we hit 50 degrees LWA or 11 days. Whatever comes first.

I went ahead and treated the Cheese clone that was supposed to get the meja today. We gave her a pretty good shower with the 100 ppm. ester saving the stronger 150 ppm. solution for later.

Back to the classic seed fun. :)

Here we go again. LOL

Fingers crossed. :hookah:

Ahoy @stoneotter
Was just thinking about you. The Bose 301 speakers (simply the best) in the garden are playing one of my favorite songs. Written in 1810 this song is Two Hundred and Ten years old. I have asked my grandchildren when they giggle at my music if they really think anyone will be listening to Lady Gaga in 200 years? They just laugh some more.

Of course I am talking about the classic Bagatelle No. 25 (fur elise) in A minor LVB cranked out on the piano. The leg work is most difficult to master I have been told.

Yep, today we will have another go at some "classic" seed germination methods and maladies. I remember what you told me about the Altoids tin with sand. Add something like that to our brass and see what pops. Thanks bro :love:
Now I have to find that song! The 301's are excellent to hear! I honestly hope and think Gaga's tunes might last for some time as she has a positive message(mostly acceptance to others) in her work. 200 years though, maybe no. :)

Go get em! One of those seeds has to surprise us and come to life! There's more if you run out. What if one does grow? Have you made plans for that? It'll be in the way unless you have space for tinkering. Timing is everything for the rest of your garden. Don't let it burden you.

Go get em! One of those seeds has to surprise us and come to life! There's more if you run out. What if one does grow? Have you made plans for that? It'll be in the way unless you have space for tinkering. Timing is everything for the rest of your garden. Don't let it burden you.
Ahoy my ancestral brother,
Without reservation I can say that if any of the classic reproductive gems be given the gift of life, my garden will accommodate the cultivar. Furthermore, should the plant prove male I will reach out to a couple gifted "pollinators" I know in @stoneotter and @Emilya as we would want to harvest the pollen. I think I know what to do if it is a girl. hehe
lovin it bro
cannabis is a blast to tinker with :)

Ahoy my ancestral brother,
Without reservation I can say that if any of the classic reproductive gems be given the gift of life, my garden will accommodate the cultivar. Furthermore, should the plant prove male I will reach out to a couple gifted "pollinators" I know in @stoneotter and @Emilya as we would want to harvest the pollen. I think I know what to do if it is a girl. hehe
lovin it bro
cannabis is a blast to tinker with :)
It sure is!

Ahoy 420,
A sneak preview into an ongoing investigation.

Ahoy 420,
Another Looney tune brought to you courtesy of some seriously stony Cali Orange. :hookah:

Gonna make rooting brass out of horseradish. Been growing it for 2 years now...
WIKI
"Horseradish is a perennial plant of the family Brassicaceae. It is a root vegetable, cultivated and used worldwide as a spice and as a condiment. The species is probably native to southeastern Europe and western Asia."

Don't laugh so hard. I am serious. :love:

Back
Top Bottom