Exceptionally High FECO Yields

I’m just sitting here on the balcony having a quick smoke and thinking about the haze I’m about to harvest in the next day or so.
Im also thinking about your Apaches not letting the rain fall on their crop.
normally I water the day before harvest so the stems are full of water and the drying process is prolonged. Now I’m thinking maybe I’ll just chop her when the pot is dry. Does it really matter? Are we splitting hairs?

I’m just sitting here on the balcony having a quick smoke and thinking about the haze I’m about to harvest in the next day or so.
normally I water the day before harvest so the stems are full of water and the drying process is prolonged. Now I’m thinking maybe I’ll just chop her when the pot is dry. Does it really matter? Are we splitting hairs?
Hi Cannafish, Loved the song! I thought Country Joe and the Fish originated it but it was around long before them. We cover ours here in the north east if we can so we keep mold/mildew from happening.

Ahoy @CannaFish,
My good man, for me my gardening experience with cannabis is a bit more magical when I remind myself I am raising living organisms. From that perspective, I find it more palatable to offer the cultivar a reprieve from the horror of a prolonged lack of food and water. If I could cook her a last meal I always set about to do so. Hobbitualness ya know :love:

Ahoy 420,
I want to thank our recent Member of the Month @DonkeyDick for a gift he rewarded me with while speaking a bit off topic.

This gentleman offered to me his acknowledgment of a great book for the soul. I must pass this forward now. Having read the work I can readily think of a few hundred million folks who should begin slowly reading it. :love:
Cultural Amnesia by James Clive

1664582517066.png

Thank you Donkey :hookah:

Ahoy 420,
Morning sun and the first order of buziness will be the fertigation of our Cheese and Chem Dawg that have completed the drought. Next up I will be gathering all the stuff I need for the chop and harvest bath of the Chem Dawg we had to rescue back on day 8. So looks like me and the @CannaFish are both headed to trim jail. :) yeah

Good Morning Sir, REZINATION Is happening as we type in my garden too. A Smoothie Auto is deflecting petieoli angle almost right this morning. I'll be rescuing her soon. Nice word, has a ring to it.
Awesome,
A rezination trifecta harvest.
The world will be a better place. :love:

My first Cannabis Pool Party. :hookah:

The entire back yard smelled like heaven for a bit. Awesome on a sunny day. :love:

Ahoy 420,
The classic seed experiment ended with all four Chunky Chuck's germinating and none of the classic seeds joining us. The reason for running the CC seeds was to verify germination techniques were not harmful too seeds. Don't want to get too nerdy here (saved for straw hat notes) but we may soon replicate the study, and we will add another twist. A fancy word for freezing a seed to initiate a germination sequence is called stratification. In the mountains of Afghanistan, Kush seeds are frozen outside during winter. What if ...

next adventure
The strain Chem Dawg has impressed me with explosive growth. I have some plans for tinkering with the "stretch' our cultivars experience while the GRN is sorting thru hormonal mixing for vegetative growth and changing the resource allocations over too reproductive demands. The 10 to 14 days of rapid growth we witness becomes in essence "puberty" for the cultivar. This period of the plants life may be the most natural time to alter the homeostasis with our exogenously applied concoctions. Our aim would be to aid the transition too adult, possibly shortening both the duration and effect of stretching during cannabis puberty.

It'll be interesting how the seed freezing goes experiement. I have read of folk storing their seeds in the freezer which if they are doing that for storage then it must be OK.

I have some plans for tinkering with the "stretch' our cultivars experience while the GRN is sorting thru hormonal mixing for vegetative growth and changing the resource allocations over too reproductive demands. The 10 to 14 days of rapid growth we witness becomes in essence "puberty" for the cultivar. This period of the plants life may be the most natural time to alter the homeostasis with our exogenously applied concoctions. Our aim would be to aid the transition too adult, possibly shortening both the duration and effect of cannabis puberty.
My last grow was Quadlined and after stretching I supercropped and LST'd. I have been thinking about how I can utilize building that same long veg big root base but yet have the canopy lower, denser just focused on good colas with all weak growth pruned off. I thought in an effort to reduce the 'puberty stretch' I could start supercropping at the beginning of stretch to hold back all the extra growth that I don't feel I need, afterall why bother having a 3 foot branch with a 1.5 foot cola at the end, when I would just prefer the 1.5 foot cola only.

Ahoy 420;
Cali Orange Clone Drought/MeJA update:

This cultivar was subjected to a full drought and exogenous MeJA foliar antagonization @150 ppm.
The Cali Orange strain is a classic west coast hybrid that normally delivers around 15% THC as a catalyst for a pleasant energetic stone. This strain was considered by myself as lacking punch, in both euphoria and sedation. My personal needs are pain driven and I want stronger medicine.

The smoking of this particular Cali O's flowers is a remarkable experience I must report as part of my studies. Both the process of “rezination” wherein we subject the cultivar too abiotic stress in the form of controlled drought, and the exogenous application of a phytohormone simulating an attack by insects.

The cured flowers were distributed among three private patients, all of whom are regular and experienced consumers of cannabis as a medicine. The first two patients (both veterans) consist of one male and one female that are fighting cancer and the third patient is recovering from a flesh eating infection. All three patients reported that they were very satisfied with the results, noting the strong sedative and pain relieving properties. As a result, all three have requested we cultivate this strain again and attempt to reproduce the results this amazing clone produced.

I personally consumed only a bit as my friends needs were more pressing, but next run we will double the number of plants undergoing both rezination and taking MeJA showers. Of the smoke I enjoyed, I was privately stoked at how much kick this smoke provided. Great night medicine for some, for me anytime is right.

We have ongoing and planned MeJA plants in bloom. More later... :love:

On the subject. My recent harvest had drought stress for week 8-9 followed by nearly 7 days darkness drying in place where they finished up. I had to harvest day 7 and teim for drying ( landlord issues! ) . I am currently curing but didn't particularly notice any advantage initially. I have half the crop cured and the last out, still curing .( on 2nd week now). The second batch containing a GG#4 had me rocked a little just before it got jarred up but I expected that from the strain however what I didn't expect was the hit from the Ghost og that had been virtually neglected to the point of nearly becoming mulch.!!. She was left untouched after the 7 day dark and got harvested fully , nearly 8 days later. Boy does she bang now !!!. I cannot say for sure how it was the darkness or the drought but 8nam a 40 year habitual smoker and it wobbled me proper. Just my 10 peneth worth.

On the subject. My recent harvest had drought stress for week 8-9 followed by nearly 7 days darkness drying in place where they finished up. I had to harvest day 7 and teim for drying ( landlord issues! ) . I am currently curing but didn't particularly notice any advantage initially. I have half the crop cured and the last out, still curing .( on 2nd week now). The second batch containing a GG#4 had me rocked a little just before it got jarred up but I expected that from the strain however what I didn't expect was the hit from the Ghost og that had been virtually neglected to the point of nearly becoming mulch.!!. She was left untouched after the 7 day dark and got harvested fully , nearly 8 days later. Boy does she bang now !!!. I cannot say for sure how it was the darkness or the drought but 8nam a 40 year habitual smoker and it wobbled me proper. Just my 10 peneth worth.
NIce work!

On the subject. My recent harvest had drought stress for week 8-9 followed by nearly 7 days darkness drying in place where they finished up. however what I didn't expect was the hit from the Ghost og that had been virtually neglected to the point of nearly becoming mulch.!!. She was left untouched after the 7 day dark and got harvested fully , nearly 8 days later. Boy does she bang now !!!. I cannot say for sure how it was the darkness or the drought but 8nam a 40 year habitual smoker and it wobbled me proper. Just my 10 peneth worth.
Ahoy GG,
I hope all is well. We haven't talked in a bit.
I cannot say much about what the darkness period does or does not do after a harvest. What I can say about darkness and cannabis may unravel some whom have not conducted due research on the subject. Examples sure to annoy a few would include that cannabis does not move too light, it moves away from shade and or darkness. Next would be circadian functions as the plant does not keep track of how old it is by the number of days passed, but rather how many periods of darkness. And of course the photoperiod when the plant turns from vegetative growth to reproductive demands. It is the change in uninterrupted darkness duration, not the length of the daylight that triggers the switch. Darkness is critical, so maybe...

Of drought I can speak more directly to the enhancement. It works.

When conducted properly you can expect around a 10% to 15% increase in rosin press comparisons, and almost 20% increase when producing FECO. Spreading this news is the point of this thread. Rezination baby :love:

Ahoy GG,
I hope all is well. We haven't talked in a bit.
I cannot say much about what the darkness period does or does not do after a harvest. What I can say about darkness and cannabis may unravel some whom have not conducted due research on the subject. Examples sure to annoy a few would include that cannabis does not move too light, it moves away from shade. Next would be circadian functions as the plant does not keep track of how old it is by the number of days passed, but rather how many periods of darkness. And of course the photoperiod when the plant turns from vegetative growth to reproductive demands. It is the change in uninterrupted darkness duration, not the length of the daylight that triggers the switch. Darkness is critical, so maybe...

Of drought I can speak more directly to the enhancement. It works.

When conducted properly you can expect around a 10% to 15% increase in rosin press comparisons, and almost 20% increase when producing FECO. Spreading this news is the point of this thread. Rezination baby :love:
That rezonates in me Maritimer. 10 to 15% is a lot of gain for the little extra work!

Back
Top Bottom