Exceptionally High FECO Yields

From the dry dry we get super cheese :)
I’m doing my damnedest to live and learn :p
I think I misjudged the timing of a drought stress (abiotic wotsit) I may have started it a week too early as some flowers failed to harden up as expected. (It was a scrappy reveg. Nicely potent on the finish though.)
I got lucky I guess, the time before.
Just going to start withholding dinners from a ripe kush this week.
Will keep an eye on trichome stalks, petiole angles, leaf wilt and odours while I’m getting a feel for this.
I must find out more about the meJa Rx at some point. Brain too full right now.
Ahoy GG,
I hope all is well. We haven't talked in a bit.
I cannot say much about what the darkness period does or does not do after a harvest. What I can say about darkness and cannabis may unravel some whom have not conducted due research on the subject. Examples sure to annoy a few would include that cannabis does not move too light, it moves away from shade and or darkness. Next would be circadian functions as the plant does not keep track of how old it is by the number of days passed, but rather how many periods of darkness. And of course the photoperiod when the plant turns from vegetative growth to reproductive demands. It is the change in uninterrupted darkness duration, not the length of the daylight that triggers the switch. Darkness is critical, so maybe...

Of drought I can speak more directly to the enhancement. It works.

When conducted properly you can expect around a 10% to 15% increase in rosin press comparisons, and almost 20% increase when producing FECO. Spreading this news is the point of this thread. Rezination baby :love:
Remember that podcast link I pointed you to not so long back? Your man there reported conclusions of 20-30% increases in cannabinoids as routine.
The differences I’m already finding just poking amateurishly at this are very motivating to say the least.

Hope everyone is well :ciao:

I’m doing my damnedest to live and learn :p
I think I misjudged the timing of a drought stress (abiotic wotsit) I may have started it a week too early as some flowers failed to harden up as expected. (It was a scrappy reveg. Nicely potent on the finish though.)
I got lucky I guess, the time before.
Just going to start withholding dinners from a ripe kush this week.
Will keep an eye on trichome stalks, petiole angles, leaf wilt and odours while I’m getting a feel for this.

Remember that podcast link I pointed you to not so long back? Your man there reported conclusions of 20-30% increases in cannabinoids as routine.
The differences I’m already finding just poking amateurishly at this are very motivating to say the least.

Hey DD, interesting result on the rozination, at least you found some nice potency in the end. When I had my best drought stressed result it was from a hot summer and every day of flowering the plant's leaves would be drooping badly at the day's end, I feel that harsh 'treatment' had a lot to do with it's incredible stickiness at harvest. Last grow I just tried to apply minimal watering in the final 10 days and which I feel increased the resin/stickiness but not to the extent of that original fluked drought stress. Anyway, it's all a work in progress so hopefully we can try things, observe and make tweaks and learn how to get more. :hookah:

Hey @Maritimer , I hope your grow room progress is going well, and that Chem dawg is close to curing and delivering the goods! :thumb:

Ahoy DD,
The podcast with our young Doctor friend you shared was cool. I think he has come a long way since his first series of studies he performed while applying his doctoral thesis. I have never spoken directly to the fella even though we share some common friends. If he is nowadays talking 20-30% increases in cannabinoids I say "it is about time" jokingly because we have had those results around here for a long time now.

What amazes me is that this process is not getting the wide spread attention it should. Almost like nobody believes.
I am not the best gardener in the area, but my smoke is always the best. :love:

Ahoy @Stunger and @DonkeyDick
If my memory serves me, dont one or both you gardeners live way down south. When the Aussies are to your north, you are in the deep south. anyhow my point is to mention my supplier of MeJA is located on your island. whenever you would like a detailed explanation of what it does and how we are trying to best manage it, just ask.

You are correct sir. Stunger and me are each on one of our North or South Islands.
We also have..
.. the West Island, but it isn’t polite to talk about it in mixed company ;)
I want to find out more about the meJa Rx. Fascinated that the plant responds as if attacked by insects.
Things are just a little mad for me for the next week or so. I have to have a clear out because I’ve been hoarding. When I can swing a cat in here again I will commence to refilling my donkey bonce.

Hi Maritimer, yes you could say deep south, after us it's the South Pole. I do recall you mentioned MeJA before to do with plant defense and hopefully triggering an increase in resin/potency. I'm interested in all such details :hookah:

Which reminds me how startling it is for a northern hemisphere guy to find so little land mass in the south half - basically just the Australian basin and the bottom half of south America and Africa. :hmmmm:

I always liked the idea of switching poles with the seasons, and I've scoped out regions I might like to live in. One of them is New Zealand and another is patagonian Chile. :cheesygrinsmiley: Both of them have regions of temperate forest - surprisingly rare in the South. In fact, there are only a couple of small strips where these forests thrive. In the North, they're everywhere across America and Europe.

But ... whew ... it's SO far away! Even Chile is a 2-day flight.

:bongrip:

It's been interesting for me to see metrics that can be followed, Maritimer. I've known all along that stress raises the potency of the produce. Various environmental pressures have been used for years to boost the end product. Intuitively it makes sense, but I tend to be suspicious of confirmations of intuition. Numbers are better. :laughtwo: So thank you for documenting some numbers.

I've been suspicious that part of the increase in potency is due to less plant mass. More trichs per mass of vegetation, less water in the tissues, etc. On the other hand - good. We're not getting any benefit from the plant tissue. But we're also growing plants that aren't/can't be as healthy, so ... if we didn't stress them would we get more total trichs in the same amount of time? Would they have richer terpenes, or more beneficial ones? :hmmmm:

But I noticed in your earliest documentation, that you didn't lose mass. IIRC, the mass of a control plant wasn't significantly higher.

My stressed plants (bugs, parching, too much light, etc) have almost always been better end product, even if they looked a little odd.

Thanks for putting in the time and work. :bravo:

Hi, I am enjoying the thread immensely. In addition to the beginning of the thread, is there a post or page that has a good synopsis of what has been determined so far? Or the methodology?
Ahoy there @Haricot Vert ,
Glad to hear from you. Unfortunately, I do not have any such page dedicated to the mixed adventures this thread has engaged. If you have direct questions, you can always ask.

Thanks for putting in the time and work.
@Graytail my friend, my pleasure!
Today @survivorx2 visited us, and we talked as two terminally ill vets who have both outlived our projected disease mortality expectations. We have agreed to stop counting up the days we have beaten the odds. We are both convinced the gardening of cannabis has kept us going. The privilege our host @420 has allowed us to enjoy has been a great part of that, allowing us to meet great folks and learn so much so quickly. A tip of the Stetson too you all. :love:

Hey @Maritimer , I hope your grow room progress is going well, and that Chem dawg is close to curing and delivering the goods! :thumb:
Ahoy @Stunger my friend.
Thank you for your well wishes and kind words. All has been going well in the garden. I am diving more deeply into the Jazz. Using exogenously applied MeJA we are beginning to have progress manipulating the plant's defensive reactions to our benefit. While in flower the antagonization of the JA pathways convinces our cultivar that she is under attack by pathogens of varied sorts and her reaction is to protect her flowers thereby insulating the seeds with a heavy coating of essential oils containing our cannabinoids. The deployment of plant resources expended protecting the florescence is observed by the GRN (genetic regulatory network) and the entire balance of hormonal generation is adjusted to compensate the loss of homeostasis. This further adds to our benefit as the drought duration progresses. Under direction of the GRN the entire adjustments to plant resource allocation is altered and the only important function is driven by reproductive demands, and all available plant resources are dedicated to making our day brighter.
Rezination Baby :love:

Ahoy @Stunger my friend.
Thank you for your well wishes and kind words. All has been going well in the garden. I am diving more deeply into the Jazz. Using exogenously applied MeJA we are beginning to have progress manipulating the plant's defensive reactions to our benefit. While in flower the antagonization of the JA pathways convinces our cultivar that she is under attack by pathogens of varied sorts and her reaction is to protect her flowers thereby insulating the seeds with a heavy coating of essential oils containing our cannabinoids. The deployment of plant resources expended protecting the florescence is observed by the GRN (genetic regulatory network) and the entire balance of hormonal generation is adjusted to compensate the loss of homeostasis. This further adds to our benefit as the drought duration progresses. Under direction of the GRN the entire adjustments to plant resource allocation is altered and the only important function is driven by reproductive demands, and all available plant resources are dedicated to making our day brighter.
Rezination Baby :love:
Just as further weight to our aims for rezination, albeit subjective, the other night I had run out my ground bud for vaping and my jarred supply was not easy to get to discretely at that moment so I used the bud given to me by a nearby fellow grower who had grown the exact same seeds/strains as I did. He didn't carry out any drought stress to his plants, I'd compared his results some time ago and felt mine had greater resin in the bud, and since then I'd left the samples he'd given to me alone preferring my own bud, but in that moment of necessity I again used his bud and ground it up, first I noticed how upon grinding his but it all pretty much fell out of the grinder whereas my bud needs a toothpick or similar to be coaxed out. And similarly when vaping I again felt that his ground bud lacked some of the resin punch of mine where subsequent tokes of his revealed it was pretty much all toked out, whereas mine at that point I feel would still be offering up some further vaping toking potential.
It's all subjective of course, but to me it ties in very much with your excellent and revealing experimenting Maritimer, which is really great stuff and I appreciate your efforts in progressing it. Yeah rezination indeed baby! :thumb:

Hello Maritimer :ciao: Meet my friend with the same prognosis as Survivor X and Yourself. He found the perfect hat!
Hope all is well on the homefront!:love::peace::green_heart:
I Love the hat. :love:
All is well brother Stone, thank you for asking.

I have exciting news I am itching to share, but must exercise restraint.
Stone already knows about the future of our experimentation and what my plans are, being my second in command and all. The sad news is my regular updates may not be so regular for a while. That might not be sad news to some, but I will be missing the company. You folks are the greatest. :love:

I Love the hat. :love:
All is well brother Stone, thank you for asking.

I have exciting news I am itching to share, but must exercise restraint.
Stone already knows about the future of our experimentation and what my plans are, being my second in command and all. The sad news is my regular updates may not be so regular for a while. That might not be sad news to some, but I will be missing the company. You folks are the greatest. :love:
Hey wait a minute! I miss you when you are here. Where are you going?!
:meditate:
Ahhh. Ok. I’m over my initial shock. Still true though.
I owe you a debt of gratitude. Since I have been applying drought stress to resinization my jars have been happier places to go to. It’s not just withholding feeds, but watching for some key markers. Even when I posted a couple of weeks ago that I thought I missed the window on a reveg. It still was improved on its predecessors.
:love:
I hope stuff’s working out for you and that we see you soon.

Back
Top Bottom