Exciting new cheap hydroponic nutes from Bunnings

Metal Halide

First time poster. Long time reader.
I finally decided to post because im just super excited to see some proper liquid hydroponic fertz at bunnings. I spoke to en emplyee there and she said that they had only arrived a few days ago and had just been rolled out in victoria. The company (manutec) has been around for decades and they have been stocking the usual outdoor stuff at bunnings for bloody years. but this new stuff looks impressive. They have veg nuits, bloom boosters, pk enhancers and my fave an organic all rounder with trace elements. ( no need for calimag, gogreen, monstabud or epsoms anymore) cause this stuff is super cheap. Im talking like $12 a litre and its pretty darn concentrated.
Heres the link to the bunnings manutec page.
Manutec Garden Care Products
Im not using these nuits yet cause ive still got tons of my old stuff left. So im interested to see results from others.
Currently im using
VEG
GH -Maxigrow - 11cents per gallon
Ozi magic - MonstaGrow ( yeah you all know monstabud, well this is the veg version with less K.) Partially orgainic all rounder.
Cyco - zymes ( zymes cause i recycle coco)
Cyco - ryzofuel ( gotta have good roots)

BLOOM
GH- Maxibloom
Ozimagic - Monstabud
Cyco - zymes
Cyco- ryzofuel

LATE BLOOM
GH- maxibloom
Ozimagic -ozi tonic+
Professors - extreme boost

I reckon the bunnings stuff can replicate most of this cheaper with similar npk values.

Interesting... Have to have a peek...

I went and checked it out today - no snag but I got a free kitkat with my coffee -the P levels seem very low in all the products especially the potash

I went and checked it out today - no snag but I got a free kitkat with my coffee -the P levels seem very low in all the products especially the potash
yep and so they should be. It's one of the reasons I'm very happy with it.
Not only is P is the most widely overused element but also you can easily supplement it via 0/54/32 bulking powder (Professors extreme boost for example) later towards bloom and not have a P overdose and more importantly you can keep those super high K levels with a bloom booster without having to add soluble potash on top of your bloom booster for added K since those manutek products already have plenty in them. Furthermore, you really do throw your money down the drain using a liquid feed so late in the bloom, since the plant doesn't need anything except PK, molasses and enzymes so any other trace elements are just wasted money. I started using the soluble potash 0.0.41.17 they have on shelves with extreme boost and im loving it. carbo max is 10 times as much and i know im not giving it any wasted nitrogen, macro nutes or salts.
great products and smart thinking on their behalf to keep it low on P. Dont get me wrong if you want a simple formula without bulking agents then lucas GH 2 part is the way to go but its too much P for my liking

Interesting- every time I think I’m developing a clue I learn something new!

Am I interpreting you right when I summarise; you like to keep it simple (no unnecessary components) and boost specifics such as P at optimal times during growth cycle?

Is this for efficiency, yield, flavour or other?
I’m not challenging just trying to learn!

Interesting- every time I think I’m developing a clue I learn something new!

Am I interpreting you right when I summarise; you like to keep it simple (no unnecessary components) and boost specifics such as P at optimal times during growth cycle?

Is this for efficiency, yield, flavour or other?
I’m not challenging just trying to learn!
yes to everything you said mate, including price.
Keep it simple indeed, lots of N in veg, less and less as you transition and more K with a steady P throughout the whole process and then heap on the PK towards mid to late bloom, then just water and you can go wrong, GH flora 3 part series is probably the most famous brand that lets you do this. Bunnings stuff isn't quite as useful since theres N in all the products i think. But like i said before you can get pure dry K from Bunnings and a dry PK from local hydro shop to remove the N and micro nutes completely if you so wish.

I finally decided to post because im just super excited to see some proper liquid hydroponic fertz at bunnings. I spoke to en emplyee there and she said that they had only arrived a few days ago and had just been rolled out in victoria. The company (manutec) has been around for decades and they have been stocking the usual outdoor stuff at bunnings for bloody years. but this new stuff looks impressive. They have veg nuits, bloom boosters, pk enhancers and my fave an organic all rounder with trace elements. ( no need for calimag, gogreen, monstabud or epsoms anymore) cause this stuff is super cheap. Im talking like $12 a litre and its pretty darn concentrated.
Im not using these nuits yet cause ive still got tons of my old stuff left. So im interested to see results from others.
Currently im using
VEG
Ozi magic - MonstaGrow ( yeah you all know monstabud, well this is the veg version with less K.) Partially orgainic all rounder.

BLOOM
GH- Maxibloom
Ozimagic - Monstabud
Cyco - zymes
Cyco- ryzofuel

LATE BLOOM
GH- maxibloom
Ozimagic -ozi tonic+

I reckon the bunnings stuff can replicate most of this cheaper with similar npk values.
Hey mate, I know that it has been over a year since this post, did you have any success with the manutec fertilisers?

I'm going to give these a try. I have purchased the Nitro Plus, NK Plus, and Organic+ bottles. I will get the Potash Plus if I need it.

This will be my first indoor grow. I have done a heap of research and there is so much information out there. I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding the nutrient dose to use.

So my thinking is to mix the nutes at the rates they have on the bottles and then knock down the EC to the values @Cultivator has listed in his thread
How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Am I on the right track here? @Metal Halide would love your advice here

I will be growing Dinachem in coco under quantum board leds

Cheers

Use some mag sulphate also, as their range is low in sulphur.

Use some mag sulphate also, as their range is low in sulphur.

Thanks for the advice. Are you using the nutes? Would I have to add some Epsom salts? How much would you suggest to add? Would it be every watering through veg and flower? I plan on using some of the Organic+ Each watering which does contain some Sulphur.

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks for the advice. Are you using the nutes? Would I have to add some Epsom salts? How much would you suggest to add? Would it be every watering through veg and flower? I plan on using some of the Organic+ Each watering which does contain some Sulphur.

Sorry for all the questions
Don't be sorry, all good.

I used on my last grow with good results other than sulphur deficiency which I rectified late in the grow. I used approx 3 tsp per 10lt of nite mix.

Yeah I would use a little bit with every watering

Currently im using
VEG

BLOOM
GH- Maxibloom
Ozimagic - Monstabud
Cyco - zymes
Cyco- ryzofuel

LATE BLOOM
GH- maxibloom
Ozimagic -ozi tonic+

Is this the one U mean

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200828_113245.jpg
    Screenshot_20200828_113245.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 306
Is this the one U mean
Hey mate. I don't think OP visits this site anymore.

I think he meant these liquid ones. There's 4 different ones. I've used them. They seemed ok in coco but I don't like them for DWC. I was getting huge pH swings and slimy snotty shit on the roots. I've started using Professors nutes and they are heaps better in DWC.

I'm still using up what I have left of them on my plants in coco. I won't buy them again though

Is this the one U mean

Nah mate, their liquid ones aren't too bad although you will still need to add a cal mag, I did have a sulphur deficiency (with the liquid) hence the need for mag sulphate as well. I've since tried with great results a dedicated hydro brand.

Initially expensive to convert to but worth it in the long run when you start to look at the over all picture.

Back
Top Bottom