Exhaust fan and filter

polarbear

What size of fan and filter would be needed to ventilate 24 cubic square feet? I will be building my own can filter and purchasing a blower fan but don't know what size to get.

What size of fan and filter would be needed to ventilate 24 cubic square feet? I will be building my own can filter and purchasing a blower fan but don't know what size to get.

24 cubic square feet? I think you mean 24 square feet or an area about 4' X 6' which would be a typical closet grow. Lets say the space is 24 sq/ft X 8' high, that equals 192 cubic feet of space. You won't need a large scrubber so I think a 3 pound model would work for a long time. Check eBay for something called a carbon scrubber and you'll find lots of models to choose from..good luck.

Broom closet?
First you need an intake and exhaust. The exhaust should have a fan, the intake can be passive. You don't need a big fan. I suggest a bathroom exhaust-type fan, $12.99 @homedepot. But for odor control I don't know. It would have to be something wall mounted.
It's gonna be hard growing in a space that size. You can only grow 1 plant, maybe 2 but that's stretching it, and if it/they turn out to be a male, you've wasted your time and $.

Back
Top Bottom