Exhaust fan question

Resinman

Hey fellow aussies. My grow room running way hot. I use a normal bathroom fan to pull air from grow room but not good enough.
Can anyone advise me of a good but affordable exaust fan or something to help. Dont want to wast money buying cheaper ebay one if there not good. So plz steer me into the right unit

grow n steady wins the race

Not to be way over simplistic, but how about 2 or even 4 bathroom exhaust fans? The ones meant for growing are real nice, but possibly budget overkill. A common oscillating house fan can also be modified to work. If you don't need a charcoal filter or stealth, almost anything that moves air can be made to work. The more air moved, the happier your girls will be. And remember, fans suck better than they blow.

Innovating daily

Ok thanks. I was under the idea that they blew better than pull. Thanks mate. So if i used an ordinary osilating fan and modified it to fit in the roof boards it could be a decent extractor

Bite the bullet and spend $150 on a good one..

I have an 8inch going in and a 6inch going out. You should have more air going in and less going out to keep freshness circulating.

Make sure your exhaust matches your carbon filter if you have one..

Bite the bullet and spend $150 on a good one..

I have an 8inch going in and a 6inch going out. You should have more air going in and less going out to keep freshness circulating.

Make sure your exhaust matches your carbon filter if you have one..
Can u recommend me a brand name.
I see your point. Maybee my problem isnt exhaust and if i add another inlet might fix. Im only using air pull for air in. Air vents and the suction from exhaust

If you are only going to have one fan it should be an exhaust fan up high blowing out the hot air that rose to the top. If you are going to have two fans they should both be exhaust fans. Your inlets should be bigger than your exhaust fan by about double to allow plenty of flow. Triple if you plan to filter lint/dust at the inlet. If you plan to use a carbon filter for the smell then yes as grow fan or "squirrel cage fan" is the best way to go because they have more suction. They are also slightly more energy efficient. But again if you want to go cheap yet effective, rip the base off an oscillating fan and let it suck that hot air out the top. In a year it will die, so have a spare on hand to drop in. They all die eventually. Any have an idea of how long the grow fans last? The one I did have also lasted one year of continuous use. They all last longer if you run them at lower settings. Hence, go big or go home. Then run it slow and steady. That way on hot days you can crank it up and keep the girls cool.

Innovating daily

420-magazine-mobile1554019026.jpg
420-magazine-mobile685682413.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1251197572.jpg

First pic is my exhaust and its a normal bathroom ceiling fan.

Second my grow size.

Third my fan blowing air round cupboard.
I have a air vent in the floor pulling cold air from under house. But not fan fed. I thought my exhaust would be enough to pull the fresh cool air through.
Its running great right now but its night see. So ill try n con the wife into letting me run at night.
But im still keen to get the gear.

If i went the normal ossilating fan for exhaust way would i replace the spot of the one in or do a big one and also keep this one

Have a look for a KSA box fan. I've recently got one that is temp controlled and speed controllable. Really good fans and they are so much quieter than most on the market. Go for around the £150 mark

Also I'd like to say that your exhaust fan wants to be bigger not the other way around. To keep the smell down you need to create a vacuum inside the tent. If the inlet is bigger it will force air out of the tent through other places than just getting pulled through the carbon filter by the exhaust fan.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

And I believe Blue is referring to having a bigger inlet fan than exhaust. If you have no inlet fan you want the inlet to be larger than you exhaust fan so that a slight vacuum is created, but you don't overwork the fan by making it suck through a straw. You may experiment with switching your fans around PEBZY...or using both as exhaust. Would some fancy diagrams help or are the words enough?

Innovating daily

And I believe Blue is referring to having a bigger inlet fan than exhaust. If you have no inlet fan you want the inlet to be larger than you exhaust fan so that a slight vacuum is created, but you don't overwork the fan by making it suck through a straw. You may experiment with switching your fans around PEBZY...or using both as exhaust. Would some fancy diagrams help or are the words enough?

Innovating daily
No words are fine. What your telling me is to use fans as exhaust and make my inlet bigger than that and the pull from exhaust will work better. How i have it my inlet is to small ( like sucking through straw). Am i on the right track 123d. And play with it abit till things work well...

Ok i think i got the gist of it but with gear i got no matter how i seem to set it up it runs on 31 degres.

Is this any good for what i need
420-magazine-mobile2045183400.jpg

This is my first timber cupboard. Ive always used a material cupboard and i ran that in summer with no problems. When its a air tight sort of room its a seriously different ball game aint it.
I love my sontgrow 400w hp. But now im finally seeing the heat issues ppl talk about.

That's the kind I sorta have a 4in with speed control. I just put a 8in flex duct on the other lower opening and works much better when sealed up. Breaths much better. I run the fan at halph speed for now...✌️

Sorry 123D I don't mean that, I believe that you want to be sucking through a straw but only slightly. If the inlet is bigger than the exhaust it won't produce a vacuum which then won't remove the heat as well.

Hey Blue man, I put a 8 in inlet with using only a 4in filte and exhaust and closed up it works great and still can see it vacuum....✌️

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

if you have both a inlet and exhaust fan then the exhaust fan has to be bigger.

What? I don't have my own setup yet but from everything I've read it's the other way around, with bigger in than out to get more fresh/cool air in.

What? I don't have my own setup yet but from everything I've read it's the other way around, with bigger in than out to get more fresh/cool air in.

That's what I have, a 4 in exhaust and filter and just a 6 in. Inlet with no fan...✌️

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

As of now i have no issues with smell, closed up and still have a vacum to it without inlet fan. I see no reason to have a inlet fan as everything is going just fine....:)

Back
Top Bottom