Exhaust really needed with LED?

dooxy

Hello

So i have spent a week no reading up on a lot of things. And i thought i had a clue. Oh boy was i wrong.
I found a youtube video where they said you need to exhaust outside your apartment. I this really true?

i have a small room in my apartment. You can call it a "wardrobe" its 6.5x65. It is a closed room and i plan to put a 2x4 tent in there. I will be using DWC system, so two buckets and a LED to match i was thinking 600w so i eventually could maybe get 3 plants there. My question is do i really need to vent outside?

My question is more or less can you just scrub the air with a filter in to the room. And then you have a intake?

If you use a panel with 3w diodes you might be okay. 5w chips?...forget about it. They throw as much heat as an equivalent hps/MH. There is no downside to installing a simple ventilation system. With an inline fan, and some flex duct, you can remove the hot air from the tent. Even if you can get away with the high temps, once you're well into flower you will wish you had installed some type of ventilation. Big buds with High temps/humidity and no airflow is a recipe for fungus and mold. Trust me. Ventilate your tent.

If I was growing in a closet I would go out to Home Depot and buy a cheap 2nd door that I could cut holes into for ventilation.
That way if the owner needs to come in and check on things you could easily switch out the doors.
Ventilate is at the top of the list when it comes to importance for a good grow.

Do not underestimate the quality improvements form proper ventilation. There are a lot of things needing to be done right to get things to peak potency. Being too hot in bloom is bad for many reasons. The plants want to breath too. And the mold will just kill you when you get it.

Air flow is as important as anything else. Improper airflow will kill your crop. The more you get generally the better.

You can vent into your space through a filter that will be fine. But do so with gusto. When running a tent in a open garage where the outside room is 45 degrees i can run the fan slower. But if you are inside with ambient air in the 60's or higher... then the room starts there and will be much hotter from that... which generally is already warmer than you want for bloom.

You will be fine just don't underestimate the importance of good airflow.

The biggest problem you will have is the plants grow best at a humidity that is a bit uncomfortable. So you get to choose if you like being comfortable or if you like good plants. When you live in the space you exchange air with you have some things you have to give up.

If you use a panel with 3w diodes you might be okay. 5w chips?...forget about it. They throw as much heat as an equivalent hps/MH. There is no downside to installing a simple ventilation system. With an inline fan, and some flex duct, you can remove the hot air from the tent. Even if you can get away with the high temps, once you're well into flower you will wish you had installed some type of ventilation. Big buds with High temps/humidity and no airflow is a recipe for fungus and mold. Trust me. Ventilate your tent.
5w chips throw out equivalent heat to hps ? I will challenge that based on the fact that LEDs photon to beat ratio is the reverse of hps. Thusly.....hps...35% photons and 65% heat.....most if not all LEDs are 65% photons and 35% heat. Those numbers are not equivalent. I think what you meant to say is that 5w diodes willl throw out similar light intensity and penetration dependant on the watt output of said led

And just to back you up.....I suggest no matter what your grow....Extraction is a must for air transfer and co2 replacement. Good luck with your grow....But buy an inline.

Okey sorry guy's maybe i need to rephrase myself. If i have an in take to my tent. And have a i have 2 small fans circulating air. And a out exhaust with a carbon filter on it. the size is 2x4x5ish with a 400w LED. in a close room.

Do i really need to exhaust out of the room? i really don't think the room will be air starved.

Back
Top Bottom