Exotic Genetix Trap Star Grow Journal By TwoX

20170417_161628.jpg

What's up 420 Fam.:high-five: and welcome to my strain specific journal featuring Trap Star by Exotic Genetix:welcome:

This journal will contain one run of multiple Trap Stars from seed to final cure. We're looking for a keeper male and female this run for future grows and projects so we may have a male in this journal too.... sounds like fun so let's get it started and go over the details later...

The box.... I sure do love original breeder packs. A+ on packaging.
20170416_174221.jpg

The back... The good stuff. Indica dominant with some flavor.
The mother is a LA OG Kush that I'm not familiar with but the father is a legend. The Cube is a Star Fighter F3 incross that's packs on trichomes like a mad man. I'm not into the sea of green method and I've never tried pinching so I'll probably just low stress train her into what I want. I would really like to see how she grows before making and training decisions. The Cherry Kushy Fuel flavor already has me licking my lips.
20170416_174235.jpg

The goods...
20170416_174302.jpg

Nice packing with the seeds too. I appreciate the extra effort to keep my seeds safe. 10 seeds but I only have room for 6. I'll pop the other 4 seeds in a few weeks as back ups to replace any males in my female flowering tent. The chance of me getting 6/6 females is slim. The seeds looked immature to me. All of them were a little small and not much striping going on. I picked out 6 and crossed my fingers for a good germination %.. I don't soak my seeds and use a wet paper towel to germinate. I've had lots of success with out the soak so here we go..
20170416_174328.jpg
20170417_235628.jpg
20170417_235253.jpg

6/6 on germination. Well, I was wrong. Seeds were super healthy and showed tap roots on all of them after 28 hours. All 6 were put into rapid rooters and im waiting for them to break soil..

We will have lots of updates in the coming days while I go over the nutes and equipment for this grow. Im expecting them to hit flower in about 60 days so we have lots of time. This should be a fun and frosty ride so thanx in advance for checking out my journal..:thumb: If you just can't wait and need to see some bud shots be sure to check out my perpetual grow in my link.

There alive..all 6 sprouted and are about to catch a transplant. They will start with some Fox Farm Happy Frog soil in seedling cups and ill water with some Bio Root from General Organics too. I'll give them 24 hours of T5 light for a few day's to control the stretch. Wish me luck and happy 420:high-five:

20170420_181904.jpg
20170420_181602.jpg

20170417_161628.jpg

What's up 420 Fam.:high-five: and welcome to my strain specific journal featuring Trap Star by Exotic Genetix:welcome:

This journal will contain one run of multiple Trap Stars from seed to final cure. We're looking for a keeper male and female this run for future grows and projects so we may have a male in this journal too.... sounds like fun so let's get it started and go over the details later...

The box.... I sure do love original breeder packs. A+ on packaging.
20170416_174221.jpg

The back... The good stuff. Indica dominant with some flavor.
The mother is a LA OG Kush that I'm not familiar with but the father is a legend. The Cube is a Star Fighter F3 incross that's packs on trichomes like a mad man. I'm not into the sea of green method and I've never tried pinching so I'll probably just low stress train her into what I want. I would really like to see how she grows before making and training decisions. The Cherry Kushy Fuel flavor already has me licking my lips.
20170416_174235.jpg

The goods...
20170416_174302.jpg

Nice packing with the seeds too. I appreciate the extra effort to keep my seeds safe. 10 seeds but I only have room for 6. I'll pop the other 4 seeds in a few weeks as back ups to replace any males in my female flowering tent. The chance of me getting 6/6 females is slim. The seeds looked immature to me. All of them were a little small and not much striping going on. I picked out 6 and crossed my fingers for a good germination %.. I don't soak my seeds and use a wet paper towel to germinate. I've had lots of success with out the soak so here we go..
20170416_174328.jpg
20170417_235628.jpg
20170417_235253.jpg

6/6 on germination. Well, I was wrong. Seeds were super healthy and showed tap roots on all of them after 28 hours. All 6 were put into rapid rooters and im waiting for them to break soil..

We will have lots of updates in the coming days while I go over the nutes and equipment for this grow. Im expecting them to hit flower in about 60 days so we have lots of time. This should be a fun and frosty ride so thanx in advance for checking out my journal..:thumb: If you just can't wait and need to see some bud shots be sure to check out my perpetual grow in my link.
Im down 4 this journey if u dnt mind n the place u got those seeds do the excet credit cards?

Count me in :)
:thumb:welcome...
I'm here to watch the show twox, looks an awesome strain!
I thought It looked pretty cool too. Fingers crossed that I find a pheno like that..:high-five:
Big fan of exotic genetix strains, definetly pulling a chair! :) Best of luck to you!
Peace & love
Thanx.. I've never ran anything from Exotic but I've been impressed with their strains and reputation for breeding fire. I hope she stinks really good and smells just like the description.. I like frost too and the Cube father should help with that.
Im down 4 this journey if u dnt mind n the place u got those seeds do the excet credit cards?
Thanx for joining us.. Yes, I did use a credit card. I'll pm you since they're not a sponser and I like trying to be respectful of the rules around these parts.:Namaste:
Im along for this one, ready to see what becomes of the babies!:thumb::Namaste:
Me too.. Getting my fingers on some new strains is so exciting until i realize that its 4 months away and I'm already eyeballing new genetics.. grow baby grow

Seedlings look great all growing at the same rate, that is very aesthetically pleasing lol ff happy frog is good stuff.. all subbed up that bud in the first pic looks really awesome!

Thanx for subbing.. I feel ashamed that I tried to judge these seeds on appearance and failed miserably. The all germinated rather quickly and broke soil at the same time too.. . Sorry I missed your comment on the first batch of replies, I smoked way to much today.

Trap Star = OG Kush ROFLMAO that's what the Afro Americans around my are call all their bud OG Kush or PURP they killing me just like the guys around here with the aluminum foil!

Not knocking your genetics one bit I'm tuning in.

OG ... it's everywhere bro! For good reason.

This is the real deal... sub'd for buddage.

Twox my "The Labyrinth" has been in VEG for over a month .... they are getting restless. Waiting for room in the flower arena. I'll hit u up when I flip em.

Good luck with the little ones.. they look really healthy, as expected! I have a huge stash of Exotic gear.

What's up everybody and welcome to all the new faces.Thanx for subbin:thanks:

Trap Star Seedlings doing what they do, .. growing

All seems well except this pesky little girl at the bottom left. She was a little to close to the power supply of my t5 and seems to caused a little heat stress and stunted her growth. Shell bounce back but for now she's a runt. Nice happy seedlings though and I already see differences in their leaves. There on a 18/6 light cycle now and just need time... Vegging is so boring but I thought it would be best to cover this strain from start to finish...
20170423_183201.jpg

20170423_183508.jpg

The Father
20170421_183518.jpg

To keep things interesting I figured I would go over the TrapStars parents.
The mother is a LA OG that I don't know much about but I'm assuming it's a real gassy/kushy cut of OG. Probably stinks real bad and I doubt anybody at Exotic would use weak cut so she's gotta be fire...

The Father is a different story. He's straight up famous, legendary even.
Breed with Alien Technology(The Strain) , a super frosty landrace Afgani coated In trichomes. Alien,(The breeder) used the alien tech to make some crosses and came up with a strain called "Starfighter". She's Alien Tahoe OG crossed with Lemon Alien Dawg... He sent out some testers and auctioned the rest off.

Exotic Genetix got there hands on a pack and found something special, A Alien Tec dominate pheno of Starfighter. This was the beginning of a long breeding project. His first step was breeding the Starfighter f2. (Pics up top). He's used this in almost everything he's made from Cookies and cream to Kimbo Kush. He didnt stop there and came with what we have today. A Star Fighter F3 aka, The Cube.

The history and work put in to the cube is amazing to me and had to give Exotic Genetix a shot... I got some high hopes and expectations for these TrapStars and with parents like that, I think I'm good to go... :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom