Expectations

The70’s

I cant smoke weed anymore, i have developed Adult Onset Asthma.

WTS, edibles are a nice option, but no matter what strain i use its all the same effect.

Will tinctures give me a little more of the strain differences ? Will the effects be quicker ?

Any info and your thoughts would be great. Maybe even what methods you use, thank you.

Im a home grower and not being able to smoke has been quite a rollercoaster.

Hiya The70’s Sorry about your smoking issues! I got adult onset around 20ish, probably through my 40's and still get small attack here and there after smoking, but I find it is manageable with good hot coffee handy, staying calm and really practicing breath control through it. I grew up with three brothers who all had asthma as children so it wasn't so foreign to me. Good research will provide you with excellent resources for management.

With that said, as far as edibles go, I cook my weed and then eat it straight, don't bother with making it into anything. A spoonful of ground God's Glue with you guessed it...a swig of coffee :D I used to put it in yogurt or pudding or other fatty foods because it is most effective when consumed with fat which helps the transmission of all that goodness into my cells. I don't necessarily enjoy the taste even when mixed with things (tastes like you're eating weed) that's why I eat it like a spoonful of medicine...and for best effect I still eat some fatty food before hand.

I'm not super sensitive to the fine details of effect and have built a high tolerance so can't do every day. I wait a few days at least between and eat a tablespoon or two depending on how long I waited (more than recommended) and if the circumstances are just so it'll knock my dick in the dirt! I do notice my more indica heavy stuff relaxes me and my more sativa heavy stuff picks me up, but whatever it is, the day will roll by and I won't even notice I didn't take a puff all day!
Hope this helps! CHeers, gl to you! :yahoo:

Nope the effects from edibles / tinctures will be slower simply cuz smoking is instantaneous but the high from edibles can last much longer.

I like green dragon tincture to help reduce combustion intake. Weed must be decarbed first tho for direct consumption to work

Eat food with high fat content 20 minutes before dosing, Use liquid soy lecithin in your tincture to help with bioavailability.

search on - recipe for master wu’s green dragon - either that or RSO

I cook my weed
Yes if you missed this, 245 degrees for 35 minutes in the oven on parchment paper, buds broken into small pieces but not ground. It stinks while cooking, make sure your wife approves ;D

All asthma must not be the same. I used to be addicted to the asthma inhalers, always had to have one in my purse and ready to go. I also inhaled a daily preventative. Then someone told me that pot smoke acted as a bronchodilator and anti-spasmodic. I started using pot smoke medicinally, to get me out of asthma attacks, and it worked! I no longer need the inhalers and I can smoke as much weed as I wish.

Eat food with high fat content 20 minutes before dosing, Use liquid soy sunflower lecithin in your tincture to help with bioavailability.

search on - recipe for master wu’s green dragon - either that or RSO

FTFY

Make sure you use liquid "sunflower" lecithin, not soy.

All asthma must not be the same. I used to be addicted to the asthma inhalers, always had to have one in my purse and ready to go. I also inhaled a daily preventative. Then someone told me that pot smoke acted as a bronchodilator. I started using pot smoke medicinally, to get me out of asthma attacks, and it worked! I no longer need the inhalers and I can smoke as much weed as I wish.

And, further to what Emilya is saying, certain terpenes help with breathing problems, too like:

Pinene:
Acts as a bronchodilator, i.e. opens the respiratory passageways. Common strains high in Pinene include Jack Herer, Blue Dream, OG Kush, Gelato, Grape Ape.

Pulegone:
Pulegone dilates the respiratory tract, unplugs your sinuses, and offers an expectorant effect, making it an excellent remedy to treat common colds and coughs. Common strains high in Pulegone include OG Kush, Pink Kush.

Camphene:
Camphene has a positive impact on cardiovascular health, lowering cholesterol and triglycerides while maintaining healthy respiratory/bronchial passages. Common strains high in Camphene include ACDC, OG Kush, Ghost OG.

Camphor:
Camphor improves respiratory function, relieves breathing congestion, and induces an expectorant action when inhaled. Common strains high in Camphor include Golden Haze, Amnesia Haze.

Menthol:
Unlike cigarettes, which use menthol as an additive, cannabis plants produce this refreshing terpene, which has the ability to reduce coughing, relieve throat irritation, helps clearing out the sinuses and ease other respiratory diseases like asthma. Common strains high in Menthol include Chemdog, Green Monster, Himalayan Gold.

Also, I don't have asthma but my throat gets irritated really easily so smoking was always tricky for me. However, since I first bought my first @PerfectPipe a year ago, I have been using it exclusively and as long as you change the filter each time you use it and the pipe is clean, I've experienced little to no coughing.

FTFY

Make sure you use liquid "sunflower" lecithin, not soy.

And, further to what Emilya is saying, certain terpenes help with breathing problems, too like:

Pinene:
Acts as a bronchodilator, i.e. opens the respiratory passageways. Common strains high in Pinene include Jack Herer, Blue Dream, OG Kush, Gelato, Grape Ape.

Pulegone:
Pulegone dilates the respiratory tract, unplugs your sinuses, and offers an expectorant effect, making it an excellent remedy to treat common colds and coughs. Common strains high in Pulegone include OG Kush, Pink Kush.

Camphene:
Camphene has a positive impact on cardiovascular health, lowering cholesterol and triglycerides while maintaining healthy respiratory/bronchial passages. Common strains high in Camphene include ACDC, OG Kush, Ghost OG.

Camphor:
Camphor improves respiratory function, relieves breathing congestion, and induces an expectorant action when inhaled. Common strains high in Camphor include Golden Haze, Amnesia Haze.

Menthol:
Unlike cigarettes, which use menthol as an additive, cannabis plants produce this refreshing terpene, which has the ability to reduce coughing, relieve throat irritation, helps clearing out the sinuses and ease other respiratory diseases like asthma. Common strains high in Menthol include Chemdog, Green Monster, Himalayan Gold.

Also, I don't have asthma but my throat gets irritated really easily so smoking was always tricky for me. However, since I first bought my first @PerfectPipe a year ago, I have been using it exclusively and as long as you change the filter each time you use it and the pipe is clean, I've experienced little to no coughing.
You forgot the best 2 terpenes. Linalool & Myrcene.... lol. Actually, those 2 are my favorites so I look for strains with a higher percentage of it. But yes, I think you hit the nail on the head since different Terpenes cause different effects & not all strains have the same terpenes.

Back
Top Bottom