Experienced Grower Needs Help?

newbgrower316

Hello 420,
Ive taken a newb name due to my little problem!.. I'm kinda experienced to tell the truth! but I'm running into a problem, my photoperiod plants look awesome! My Auto's look like garbage, I'm about to kill 3 or 4 of them or even all and say start over, and I need some advice! I'm thinking I can label myself as an "Expert" on Photoperiod plants but its these auto's are the one's behaving like little bitches. Any experienced Photo and AUTO growers please reply! My pictures wil be up by tomm. Tent is Full.. ill get into the specifics tomm. on what my goal is for these auto's

Re: Experienced Grower Needs Help

Hello 420,
Ive taken a newb name due to my little problem!.. I'm kinda experienced to tell the truth! but I'm running into a problem, my photoperiod plants look awesome! My Auto's look like garbage, I'm about to kill 3 or 4 of them or even all and say start over, and I need some advice! I'm thinking I can label myself as an "Expert" on Photoperiod plants but its these auto's are the one's behaving like little bitches. Any experienced Photo and AUTO growers please reply! My pictures wil be up by tomm. Tent is Full.. ill get into the specifics tomm. on what my goal is for these auto's
Auto's are much more sensitive to PH issues from seed. I trashed 3 myself while my photos were killing it. When autos lockout and root growth is stunted or stopps, plant will try and flower, which will kill it. They will wrinkle up and stop growing then try and flower. It's sad. Auto's are best when everything is dialed.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

first off, welcome aboard.

I have grown a bunch of photos. all great success.

am fairly new to autos, but so far not bad, first batch is still going. I have had some issues with the seed starting being in too cool of a room, and how can I put it....."soil recognition"? for lack of a better term. it seems that an auto that has germed well, with some root and some stem does not like going into a big pot. even though everyone says start your autos in their final pot, that crapped out on me.

I had a string of seed losses, simply due to them laying down hard after planting. this coming after starting a bunch successfully the same way. same germ place, same soil to start in, same pots, everything the same.

comes to be the solution for me has been to do the water cup for 24 hours, towel for 4 days, then into a solo shot cup, in the same soil, but for some reason its like they need to harden up a bit in the soil before going into the big pot and into the tent. prior to, yes I did try going into the big pot, and harden it before going into the tent, same losses.

idunno, but the solo shot is working for me.

as for ph........I don't. and my plants are going strong. I have had it checked before, the tap comes out about 6 or so. not bad. if I ever have a problem stemming from that, I guess i'll buy a meter lol.

have had 100% germ - 1 seed to date. my only losses as said, have been dependant on the pot. but I have that licked.

look forward to seeing your pics.

I think k the best way to germinate any seed is to use tranquility water, aloe powder, and a little H2O2 in a cup for 24 hrs. Then to the paper towel with the same water. Don't let the towel been too wet. The taproot needs to search for water to grow. It will just go to mush if it's too wet. We cover the towel with water then drain the extra off the plate. Check it 2x a day and spray it with just tranquillity water to keep the towel moist.

We had a hard time getting autos to germinate in just water. A couple friends told us about the H2o2 and aloe powder. It works great!

I think k the best way to germinate any seed is to use tranquility water, aloe powder, and a little H2O2 in a cup for 24 hrs. Then to the paper towel with the same water. Don't let the towel been too wet. The taproot needs to search for water to grow. It will just go to mush if it's too wet. We cover the towel with water then drain the extra off the plate. Check it 2x a day and spray it with just tranquillity water to keep the towel moist.

We had a hard time getting autos to germinate in just water. A couple friends told us about the H2o2 and aloe powder. It works great!
Look into a fish and seaweed fert. It's known for germination and root development, folar spray. 1oz per gal is recommended dose from age old's website. H2O2 helps soften seed husk which is good. I've been reading up on fish and seaweed nutes, they are great in veg phase.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

The plants root probably senses the moist oxygen rich environment. The H2O2 oxides the polysaccaharides in the Aloe powder breaking there chains to disaccaharides which the seed feeds on instead of it own stored starch this is easier for the seed. I've never heard of this method but scientificly makes alot of sense.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Their weeds, seeds do best in peat pellets. Though, you have to take the wrappings(on the wet expanded) pellets off before ya plant em(the actual growing seedlings). It's best to put them in dirt as soon as you see the first 2 serrated leaves(not long). I've lost very few that way. Consider the price of the beans, can't afford to lose them, man. Good luck!

there is an upload pics tutorial

GIRL SCOUT COOKIE AUTO 5 GAL
gsc01-2.jpg
gsc01.jpg

I was trying to reverse the auto's to get pollen but they look horrible so I'm thinking to kill them and start over. what do you all think? also any opinions on the type of deficiency my plants are experiencing? All my plants where looking great with my RX Green Soloutions but until I used AN PH PERFECT line things went wrong! to my understanding I did not have to ph or ppm check just mix with ro and feed and this is where I feel I went wrong I should have checked (when I did check AN PH PERFECT was at 7.1 without any up or down. within an hour I started to see burns, With my RX Green Soloutions ive never experienced any burns or any Def. so if I start over I will use my RX line

Back
Top Bottom