Experienced Grower Needs Help?

*UPDATE*

PKA and GSCA all doing well. I think I'm starting to understand when I have to feed veg and bloom nutes now.

CSS and OGK are growing good, wondering when to flower them to get them around 4ft when finished

PW is growing great and is showing signs of not being root bound anymore.

PKA Windowsill is now in flowering stage and is starting to show white hairs.

JMA and BCA, when JMA popped above the rapid rooter I prepped my promix HP by saturating my soil with a low dose of seedling nutes and planted. Runoff pH was around 6.5. I planted JMA and it's first leave that were really small was yellow, I checked her back late night and her first leaves turned green. As for BCA it's still trying to work it's way up through medium.

Yea that makes sense, but see canna I don't have a bubble hash extract thing so I don't do anything but trash the sugar leaves..,I thought about drying and smoking them but thought that would be soo lame so I trash them , but if it makes good smoke I'm thinking maybe I should keep or store them?
@ canna
Keep them. There are so many uses for them. They are the best part. If you don't qant.to smoke them, I have a quick and easy way to make cannabutter. Then you can use it in foods that would normally have butter or oil in them like baked goods, gravy, butter noodles. There are a lot of possibilities! Don't waste the sugar leaves man.

Awesome canna! I definitely would love to learn that...I always questioned edibles and if it works to get you stoned. I believe you though..I can't wait to get my laptop fixed to show you guys how my girl's and boys look. I'm hoping to do better with these other two auto's and I truly think I will...hell we don't do this to get worst only trying to get more and more better.. :) thanks Canna for sticking with me! I appreciate you!

butter and olive oil are two fantastic ways to use the trim.

awesome edibles.

Hey canna, I was re-reading one of your earlier post and you said you try to use all the plant possible. What do you do with your fan leaves? (The one's you pick off in veg when their blocking potential bud site's ,the one's that have no sugar ) I was burying them. Should I save them to?

Sorry for no updates in a while.

PKA and GSCA are doing good. Male sacs all over those two.

CSS and OGK growing strong. (I don't want to flip to 12/12 yet until i collect the pollen from PKA and GSCA.

PW is growing nicely.

JMA and BCA are germed and are planted in their pots. (Waiting for them to get a little bigger before attempting to reverse them.

PKA Windowsill is now growing lots of hairs and is still the same size.

Also I have a question for you all, I was wondering how can you determine if a purple trait is dominant? I've heard some people say you can tell by the pollen sacs, if the pollen sacs are purple it's a good indication that the purple trait is dominant. Can anyone confirm this statement?

No room tent is too full already, so if I start new ones I would have no where to put them@protobothrops

Yea i get what your saying, my concern is not too much wether I can finish and revive them it's the quality of the pollen I'll be retrieving from these girls and since I messed up and their not great looking dad's ie. short ,burned and stunted some what, I was thinking this would show up in it's offspring when i go to pollinate some females@ unforgiven
What do you think? Would these undesirable traits show up in the offspring if I stick with it and collect pollen from these?

You can't save everything. You want to be able to [have the ability to] cull undesirable plants immediately. But you also need to know why? Otherwise you will go through the same thing next time you have the same problem. If you know why then you can discern the factors leading up to problem and "see" the problem before it manifests [and act accordingly].

while others are giving you awesome advice on nutes, I will leave that alone, lol. they are good.

I will address just the "males".

think of it from the perspective of the seed. those plants look like nice specimen. the one at the top of post 19 in particular. she looks like nice even growth. uniform leaf growth, nice leaf shape, looks to be mostly indica if that is what you are aiming for.

to be honest, most of the plants look like fine specimen.

you do realize, that you could defoliate nearly all of the large fan leaves, get your nutes under control, and they will seem as though it never happened, right?

that is because the phenotypes in your plants were decided long before you got at them. you won't change the "dna" of your plant by screwing up nutes. you will merely change the outcome of the grow. not the strain.

heres a good example of how far I defol with zero harm done. they come right back even stronger.
20160615_200019.jpg

try it. what have you got to lose if you are just going to toss them? within 3 days you will see a lot of new growth coming out that was shaded by them big fans.

now don't get me wrong here. your plants are a bit younger. so don't take everything. a simple rule of thumb. if the leaf shades new growth just under, take it. as long as it has already grown out a stem. I don't take anything with less than say a 1 inch stem unless I am lollying them.

take my advice with a grain of salt. it is just that, advice. same as opinions and a-holes, we all got em.

but defol works for me. if that is what it takes to show you that you didn't screw up the phenotypes of the seed, then so be it. I am also a hands on guy, gotta do it and see it in person to believe it.

certainly wouldn't harm anything taking off the lower leaves that are burnt. couple of them look like they were actually sitting on the soil soaking up water n nutes, which would burn them regardless of formula.

remember.......have fun. enjoy your time with your girls.

I never defoliate [an outdoor grow] unless I am forced to. Less leaf area means less sun and less sugars produced. Of course, on an indoor grow that is the goal... to control all aspects of growing. So if you want to defoliate like unforgiven suggests then go for it.

Sorry for no updates in a while.

PKA and GSCA are doing good. Male sacs all over those two.

CSS and OGK growing strong. (I don't want to flip to 12/12 yet until i collect the pollen from PKA and GSCA.

PW is growing nicely.

JMA and BCA are germed and are planted in their pots. (Waiting for them to get a little bigger before attempting to reverse them.

PKA Windowsill is now growing lots of hairs and is still the same size.

Also I have a question for you all, I was wondering how can you determine if a purple trait is dominant? I've heard some people say you can tell by the pollen sacs, if the pollen sacs are purple it's a good indication that the purple trait is dominant. Can anyone confirm this statement?

I can only speak for tomato plants and fruit as I have not studied marijuana genetics in 30 years but....

In tomato plants the blue is called anthocyanin. This expresses in any area that the sun hits it. This is what we see in blueberries. In the [tomato] foliage it is called atv; in the fruit it is called Aft. I have not studied whether either is dominant [yet] but was told just recently that Aft is dominant so it will usually express in the F-1 [rather than having to wait another season to see it express in the F-2 generation]. Recessive traits almost never express in the F-1. This is why you have to plant a number of plants in the F-2 (4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 etc...) depending on the number of traits, recessive or dominant, that you are selecting for. Anthocyanin also has very good health benefits.
Does anybody know if there is a site dedicated to a marijuana gene list? In tomatoes there is a list at the Tomato Genetics Resource Center (TGRC) Also a tomato-breeding guru has a site called the Online Tomato Vine. Click on culture, and then tomato gene basics. This will give a great "picture" of genetics that the average person can understand. Translate that into your marijuana mind and merge with what the marijuana breeding gurus tell you and that should give you a good basis for breeding your own.

I never defoliate [an outdoor grow] unless I am forced to. Less leaf area means less sun and less sugars produced. Of course, on an indoor grow that is the goal... to control all aspects of growing. So if you want to defoliate like unforgiven suggests then go for it.
I'd be careful about pulling leaf mass in flower. I've seen it done to open flower sites being blocked. But I'll pull only dead yellow leafs at end of cycle. Sound like you have the correct attitude already. Fan leafs give you flower size, more fans, larger flowers. Looking good elsewhere in your grow.

Cheers

man those plants look scary seeing that pic again lol

but it does work for me.

Thanks @ Rudy,mill and unfor!
I made a lot of errors last time that I see I'm not making those same errors last time for example I'm understanding more how to water, Rx green updated their chart so I'm not afraid to go below 5.0 pH, the cal mag mistake I was making by adding it into feed, high ppm for a small plant and understanding less is more when feeding auto's. I have two seedlings going and they look good but have to remember to keep all this in mind until it just becomes natural for me.

I'm sorry, did you say you run your PH under 5? Hydro's sweet spot is ~5.5, I'd be careful feeding that low. Or, I missed something and I'm off base.

Cheers

See mill one of my problems was my runoff, I believe it was due to me forgetting to pH my water and saturate with a light seedling fert before I planted my seedlings so my runoff was coming out 7.2 and up. So I went back to hydro store for his input he said feed lower pH to bring down my runoff so I said heck with it killed those girls and began again. I also before I left grabbed another RX Green Solution feed chart and it was updated from the current chart I have it states for

Seedling nutes pH to 5.5
Vegetative nutes pH to 4.6-5.6
Bloom nutes to pH to 4.8-5.8

My other chart was different I was scared to go so low since promix HP says to keep a pH range of 5.5-6.3 so I went as low as 5.0 last night when I fed the bloom nutes to PKA and GSCA and it seems to have taken it fine but I won't know for sure until lights come on today.

hey newb I hope you realize I was talking about my defol job looking scary now, lol

funny thing is I spent a couple hours defol'n this morning.

Lol yea i know! i basically did the same thing you did and the results were exactly what you said within 3 days the leaves come back! I saw your dutch passion treat thread it looks awesome. I might have to go get some of those beans! Unfor can you give me a good schedule for autos plz your stuff came out looking awesome man!

you want a nute schedule or grow schedule?

the nute schedule is on page 1 of my 45 gallon chunky cheese journal.....see sig.

my grow schedule....well that is my dta perpetual journal.....see sig lol

if you need anymore info let me know though. one thing I can say is this strain is highly unstable, so I have had some love quarrels with my ladies from time to time. oh and every so often ya reach up the skirt and find what ya don't wanna find....lmfao even though they are supposed to be femmed autos.

have fun eh

See mill one of my problems was my runoff, I believe it was due to me forgetting to pH my water and saturate with a light seedling fert before I planted my seedlings so my runoff was coming out 7.2 and up. So I went back to hydro store for his input he said feed lower pH to bring down my runoff so I said heck with it killed those girls and began again. I also before I left grabbed another RX Green Solution feed chart and it was updated from the current chart I have it states for

Seedling nutes pH to 5.5
Vegetative nutes pH to 4.6-5.6
Bloom nutes to pH to 4.8-5.8

My other chart was different I was scared to go so low since promix HP says to keep a pH range of 5.5-6.3 so I went as low as 5.0 last night when I fed the bloom nutes to PKA and GSCA and it seems to have taken it fine but I won't know for sure until lights come on today.
Ok, I see. Thanks for the response.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Back
Top Bottom