Experienced growers please!

hewy1109

Hi all! I'm a new member to this site and I'm lovin it. It's very informative and helpful but it's an information overload! i need help with getting my 1st grow started. So I have a $300-$400 budget on supplies (including seeds) and have plenty of space in my basement for the stuff. So I have a few general questions:
1. For lighting i've read 6500k for veg 2700k for flower but what are the best lighting options for me with my budget. Do i go cfl? hps? mh? what wattage would i need to grow 3-4 plants? which lights for which cycle..?
2. Also when it comes to fertilizer and nutes and all that, what ratio or ingredients do I look for? what brands have you used with good results?
3. is 3 1/2 months long enough to bring a plant from seed to harvest ?
4. besides lighting, soil, & nutes what other things are needed to get this grow started?
5. Any suggestions for high yeilding strains or very potent ones.

Thanks in advance! I'm really looking forward to start growing and need all the help i can get!
:thanks:

Fans

most all your major brand names are good just start slow as theres alot of extra toys you can buy. a floressent shop light with cool white bulbs is cheap for starting sprouts or clones,a 400watt metal halide bulb to veg and a 1000watt hps magnetic ballist to flower. get a grow nute and flower nute package check ads on site. just be sure to follow instructions and under feed if anything.a couple of days reading this forum will make you very successfull. you'll have a blast i recommend cheese ,buddha and blueberry for strains. goodluck

If your trying to go cheap ebay is sometimes the best option with your budget I'd expect that you are gonna be forced to purchase t5 fluro's make sure you budget for bloom bulbs also consider your smell control consider building your own carbon scrubber will be a good way to keep your start up cost down

If your trying to go cheap ebay is sometimes the best option with your budget I'd expect that you are gonna be forced to purchase t5 fluro's make sure you budget for bloom bulbs also consider your smell control consider building your own carbon scrubber will be a good way to keep your start up cost down

thanks for the tips. would you suggest using the t5's throughout the whole grow or just during one of the cycles?

Back
Top Bottom