expert help needed please 1 closet plant

1stimer

ok, i have a plant closet/in a 2by 8.5 feet closet only realy using one side i have 400wtt mh light on it now i keep it 14 inches away from the plant, the plant has 6 total leaves and its about 2.5 inches tall. i had to turn light off for about 6 days and left it in the dark it didnt die i had 1 the other one died, this one is still going the closet has two sliding doors so should i crack one side to let in fresh air and use my 1.5 by 1.5 fan to uxhaust the air out the other side so the ventilation is good? should i leave one of the sliding door completely open and let the fan push out the air? or close it some just enough for the fan to fit and have the other door crack about 1 inch?so fresh air can get in? (NOTE: thats the side where the plant is where all the floil is and light, the walls are also panted flat bright white and i have the intire close mylar foiled) the soil i am using is the same soil from when i had to tuurn the lights off i never changed it just watered added a little root stimulator and put the lights back on it. could that old soil be a problem? should i transplant into fresh soil into bigger pot now? do i put the thermometer in the closet or in the room out side the closet to track the temp? right now i have it in the closet on the far wall and i keep it around 80degresFH, i am germinating 2 more seeds i bag seed and another wonderwoman seed. i can use the advice the plant seems to be growing ok just want to know i am going about it the correct way or at least a way that an make my first plant grow to a budding stage.

i am getting alot of different advices on the light times 18/6 some say 24 always. some say they need the some dark times. right now i am doing 18light/6 dark give or take a couple hours i have to get a better timer. and when to switch from MH to HPS i know MH at this stage but some say its a myth between the two doesnt matter witch one is on just the light times.

some questions are dome i should know them just helps to have the advice from experts with hands on experience doint it now at my stage that have done it before or had a similar situation and benefited out of it and grew his or her plant to a good budding.

and some qustions i asked about already i just kind of need a complete good advice.

sorry about the long ass thread
thanks for the advice
1stimer
:smokin:

Always use the MH for Veg growth and always use the HPS for flower, The light cycle 18/6 or 24/7 is up to you, just pick one and stick with it.

When to flower is up to you? Remember your plants will double in size when there done; do you have enough room for more plants??

Remember the one-foot per gallon rule, so if you want your finished product to be 4 feet tall you need it to be in a 4-gallon pot.

Leaving any plant without light for six days is the first problem. This light deprivation can cause irreparable harm to a young plant.
Start fresh with some quality seeds, preferably an indica based strain or a small quick finisher like lowryder. The size of your space limits your options and low would be an ideal fit. It rarely reaches more than 12"-18" tall, autoflowers and finishes in 60 days from seed.

Leaving a plant in the dark will not hurt it. The plant will go into a "statis" mode as long as there is access to moisture and temps are not extreme. People mail rooted and unrooted clones to each other all the time....

Peace
MC

madamecrash said:
Leaving a plant in the dark will not hurt it. The plant will go into a "statis" mode as long as there is access to moisture and temps are not extreme. People mail rooted and unrooted clones to each other all the time....

Peace
MC

What what what
You can get clones mailed?? O MY GOD I would pay nearly any price....:allgood:

Torco55 said:
Always use the MH for Veg growth and always use the HPS for flower, The light cycle 18/6 or 24/7 is up to you, just pick one and stick with it.

Wrong. It's not "always" and it's not "required". I don't know how many times I've seen this false image being planted in people's minds. If all you have is MH, or all you have is HPS they will work just fine for the whole cycle of growth. It's all about lumens and on/off cycle. 18/6 is the way to go, because the plants need the rest during dark period. Why spend more on electrical for negligable gains?

hey andrew why not? thats what i am going to use is my HPS for flowering, can you give a good reason why you wouldnt use the HPS when everyone says its the best thing to use im just little confused on your answer, should i use the MH all the way through? at this point i am going to use both light MH now and HPS for flowring the end lol.. i mean shit i bought them i might as well use them right lol..so far they are growing good under the MH
thanks
1stimer

andrew199@fro said:
I will never use hps for vegging.the end
Well that's a personal decision and it's great that you have options. But some disabled growers on set (limited) incomes can't afford special bulbs or extra ballasts. Yes for "optimal" growth a MH is for veg and HPS is for flower but to tell people that they "have" to use each one for each phase isn't truly correct. Either one will work. Period. The idea here is to help people grow kind bud/medicine to the best of their abilities. Not make them spend extra money just because we think they need to do things the "optimal" way. Yes a small mention telling them for optimum growth they might consider a MH for veg and HPS for flower is a great idea. But don't insist that each light is required and make new growers think they'll fail without the "right" light because that is just not true.

IMO this belongs in the myth department. I've read at least 5 different grow books and all the experts even say that any differences that are there are so minuscule that it's a mute point. I've run trials on 400 watt lights and I guarantee that I could hold one plant up from the HPS and one from the MH and not one person on this site could tell me which one was from what light. The difference is just too small to matter.

madamecrash said:

Peace
MC

SEND me some!! i didnt know this? how can that still live?

I would risk leaving a plant without water longer than without light. Darkness is deadly to green plants in my experience.

I have finished sinsemilla several times using only CFL's. The experts all say that CFL's are only for seedlings- but I have found otherwise. I have finished with a 400W HPS- but could have certainly used it from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom