Explain life cycle

102BF

I am a newbie and only dealt with auto-flowering seeds. Can someone clarify the life cycle from seed to harvest...what I mean is when does the clock start? Is week one when seed is germinating in water/paper towel? also, if you search and find the strain you want, the only info given is flowering time? So what about Veg stage or is the 7-8 weeks listed in flowering mean the entire cycle from seed to harvest? Even when I have googled this I only get more confused. I appreciate someone explaining LifeCycle 101 to me.

The time posted by seed vendors is for the flowering portion of the grow only. You can veg as long as you want. It all depends on space and strain. I call week one, when the plant has broken ground, but you can use anything you want. It doesn't really matter. My time before flipping the plant to bloom is typically about 6 weeks, but it can easily be 2 weeks on either side of that - or more. Some people grow 12/12 right from seed for quick, small plants. The bloom time by the vendors is often optimistic and you should allow a couple extra weeks just to be safe.

Thank you so much. I have auto and Feminized in same room so best idea would be to blast with as much light as possible week 1 - week 4 or 5 and then shift to 12/12 light pattern so the auto and feminized will be on same schedule???

For "blasting" with light, I don't go over 18/6.
Since I know nothing about your setup, I can't say 4-5 weeks, but that sounds okay.

One other thing:
Some plants will only stretch a little - maybe 50% taller. Other strains can triple in height. Keep that in mind when deciding how big to let them get in veg. This is for photos. I don't grow autos.

Back
Top Bottom