Extractor Fan Help

Nestea

Hello to all. I have a 3x3 grow tent with a 250m3 carbon filter. The extractor fan has 2 fan speeds. 1- 240m3 2- 480m3. Yesterday i bought a 500m3 carbon filter to switch the smaller one , but on high speed (480m3) the extractor is too loud. I also bought soundproof tubing but it only helps with air evacuation.
My plan is to move the extractor outside the tent and cover it with some blankets, or build a box for it. So my question is will the fan be powerful enough for the carbon filter since it will be not next to it and will be like 2.5 -3 m of tubing between the carbon filter and the extractor. thanks!

You can run the extractor fan on the slower setting. That will be plenty of air exchange for your tent. The CFM rating on your carbon filter is simply a maximum that it can handle.

DSCF08993.JPG

DSCF09127.JPG

Got some pics up. I got a 400w cooled with another extractor and i want to use only the carbon filter extractor like: Carbon Filter > Cooled Tube > Extractor . I got 2 autos 55 days and 4 plants that i just turn 12/12 3 days ago. I need 2 hours to work on the tent so the plants must go in the other room. Will this affect the plants ? i can't put a hps in the other room till i work on the tent.....

so in the end i realize that my tent is too small for my girls. Plants are 1.2 m 3 days after starting flowering and my tent is 1.85m and i don't want to chop them. i'm thinking about using the whole room to flower but i'm concerned about the smell getting in the walls and triggering a red flag . The room is 4x3m , do i need to calculate the carbon filter size like a whole grow tent ?

You first need to calculate how much air exchange you need for your grow area. I have read that you want to exchange the volume of the grow area at least once every 3-5 minutes. So you take the cubic feet of the grow area and divide it by the number of minutes you want it to take to exchange the volume of air in the room and that gives you the CFM rating for the fan you need to use. Then you just choose a carbon filter with a slightly higher CFM versus your fan and you are good to go. Also, change the filter/tube/fan setup to like you were talking about. Once you do that, add some ducting, that will give you the ability to raise your light up higher and gain some more headroom for those plants.

Back
Top Bottom