Extreme foxtailing? Heat issues

GangstaJah

hello 420 community, Ive got two beautiful girls who have been through one tough time. Its my first grow and i think Ive learned a lot, and also learned that i have a lot more to learn if I'm trying to grow my own bud. Its been harder than expected but its been a fun experience too.
Okay to the point, earlier in the grow at around the beginning of flowering the temps were ridiculously high, like 35/40 C (95/104F) which I'm sure was way too high now but at the time i was seeing growth so i didn't change the setup until it was too late. The source of this heat was a 600w HPS inside my 80Lx80Wx160H (cm) tent with only two PC fans for airflow lol. Since then a cooltube and various 7" desk fans have allowed the temps to fall to a steady 29C (84F) which i think is okay for now.

Take a look at some pics of the foxtailing and the rest of my grow, if you guys have any ideas about what i can do about it or any other improvements to the area shoot them this way and ill see what i can do. I have more of a space restriction than of the monez so shoot me anything.

whole tent
IMG_207521.JPG

the foxtailing plant, every cola is like this on this plant :( have been battling yellowing for the whole of these plants lives.
IMG_207621.JPG

close up of the other plant, in the other picture you can see i had to supercrop because she was being burned by the light. done this late in flower and experienced no delay in getting right back to growing.
IMG_207825.JPG

first clone, has been topped a few times, as i was going for scrog, which i think was a mistake since shes going straight into flower.
IMG_207926.JPG

two other clones that havent been topped, going for one cola on these babes.
IMG_208025.JPG

so thats my grow guys, hope you can help and thanks in advanced :thanks:

Temperature and Relative humidity go hand in hand.

84F - 30%RH is not good. Especially with a circulation fan blowing on them.

84F - 60% would be better with CO2

Point is, don't ignore relative humidity. It's just as important as anything else.

What is your RH?

Thanks for the reply,
My RH ranges from 40 to 60 depending on how soon I've watered, but I'm sure most of the time it's wrong since there's never a time in which there isn't condensation forming inside the tent.

Will be purchasing a new temp/humidity sensor soon to take more accurate readings.

Thanks for the reply,
My RH ranges from 40 to 60 depending on how soon I've watered, but I'm sure most of the time it's wrong since there's never a time in which there isn't condensation forming inside the tent.

Will be purchasing a new temp/humidity sensor soon to take more accurate readings.

WOW... is the temp outside the tent very low? I don't use a tent, so I can't speak to their unique characteristics, but condensation would suggest 100% humidity at some point. I would suspect it is happening at lights off. When temps decrease, RH goes up until the dew point is reached or temps stop falling.

I would find out exactly what is happening and work on getting control over your environment.

Back
Top Bottom