Extreme upwards curl and crisp tips

VoidSpace

Plant is 2 weeks old since first above ground.

photo_8_35.JPG
image_7_26.jpeg
image_8_24.jpeg

photo_7_43.JPG

This is my first grow. Did what I thought was a large amount of noob research, ended up on the decision to use the IronH3ad method, a modified Lucas formula.

Genetics: Lemon kush fem
Medium: 50/50 coco perlite
Nutrients: 9ml GH bloom/gal, 6ml GH micro/gal, .5 ml barley extract/gal, .5ml roots excellerator/gal, 1 gram epsom salt/gal every 3 days and flush every 2 weeks. Man who created this method assured me seedlings respond well to full strength nutrients from day one so thats what I did.
Bottom feeding every day with very little nutrients, let him dry out for 1 day and he didn't like it at all.

Light is a full spectrum Mars II 400w, this damage seemed like light burn so I raised my LED from 28 inches to around 38 inches and nothing changed, still blotchy yellow, almost brown, discolouring and upwards curl at the tips. And today they are looking extra crispy and just generally dry looking, while the soil remains slightly damp.

At first I thought it was a magnesium deficiency so I incorporated my 1 gram of epsom salt/gallon a little early and that didn't seem to help at all, so I used half a gram per gallon the next day and still not looking any less curly.
My mentor on grass city seems to think that this is now from using too much Epsom salt but I personally believe I was late to my magnesium deficiency and am now fighting a possible uphill battle against Mag def maybe from a pH lockout?...Like I said medium is coco/perlite so the pH i've been wanting is 5.8 but my feed is coming out to 6.0-6.2 (using strips)

3 computer fans stacked into one assembly is what I am using for exhaust.

Temperature is steady at 72-82 and RH is unstable with the canopy fan on at 40-50% and 60-70% with the canopy fan off.

Thanks so much for stopping by guys, any and all help and input is greatly appreciated
Take care everyone!

:welcome: Void!

I'm not a coco guy, but that doesn't look like very much soil. When I use cups, I try to have them as full as possible. I also don't start feeding when they are that young, but my soil has enough "goodness" in it to carry the plants for quite a while. Personally, I'd move that girl into a larger pot ASAP.

:welcome: Void!

I'm not a coco guy, but that doesn't look like very much soil. When I use cups, I try to have them as full as possible. I also don't start feeding when they are that young, but my soil has enough "goodness" in it to carry the plants for quite a while. Personally, I'd move that girl into a larger pot ASAP.

Thanks Pita!

I shall fill the cups more for sure, didn't really think about how much she was stretching!

And what I've heard from our forum was that coco was a blank medium so a charge would work for early seedling stage then once you get 2 adult sets go full strength essentially.

Plants are very small for full strength nutes. I know your mentor said to do that but I feel like that is part of the problem.
As major pointed out there is a lot of room in those cups. I would fill them and leave 1/2" stem outside of the soil then up an them once they get a few sets of true leaves.

Thanks Shiggity

I'll go 2/3rd strength for this bigger guy for now, check pH and hope it's still in the 5.9-6.3 range (using pH strips)

I wouldn't go full bore on the nutrients quite so soon. Build up to it gradually while you get a feel for what your particular strain(s) want.

Back
Top Bottom