Extremely Hairy Pistils & Little To No Bud Growth

dudewithaquestion

I grew a plant like this with similar hairy type pheno looks a few months back it was a girl scout cookies which i chopped at around day 65 of flowering because there was no signs of bulking up and it would of just wasted my badly needed time for next grow.. Now i have a Lemon OG Candy and it just looks like pure shit. I grew a Lemon OG Candy before and it turned out hermie near the end but it was bulky and strong asf it was a 2 hitter and smell like lemon pledge but this new seed i got and grew Im thinking its just a bad pheno but i dont know. i have 6 other strains in the exact same room in the exact same system all with same environment and food and they are amazing and only need another week max.
i mean it looks amazing from the pics if it was only 2-3 weeks into flower BUT this baby is already 8 weeks into flowering since the 12/12 switch and it is showing no signs of bulking anytime soon. my 6 other strains are all around 80-90% cloudy and bulked with maybe 10-14 ounces per plant (i know this because i just harvested them before this grow and thats what i got and they are identical in growth again) but this 1 lemon og candy is about to be plucked and trashed unless someone can guarantee me this is some sort of 12-14 weeker and will bulk in time lol????

Attachments

• Lemon OG Candy Day 51 of Flowering (1).jpg
    Lemon OG Candy Day 51 of Flowering (1).jpg
    800.5 KB · Views: 617
  • Lemon OG Candy Day 51 of Flowering (2).jpg
    Lemon OG Candy Day 51 of Flowering (2).jpg
    739.4 KB · Views: 546
  • Lemon OG Candy Day 51 of Flowering (3).jpg
    Lemon OG Candy Day 51 of Flowering (3).jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 468
  • Lemon OG Candy Day 51 of Flowering (4).jpg
    Lemon OG Candy Day 51 of Flowering (4).jpg
    639.1 KB · Views: 492
To my understanding you scrapped a previous plant before aswell?
Theres a saying round here. "When they done, they done" just cos the breeders told you itll take 8 weeks doesnt make that the case. Environment comes into play aswell. Plants kept warmer at night as well as lights on temps will finish off quicker. I had some real slow girls but thats cos it was middle of winter so lights off temps were dipping below 10C. Made for some beauuuutiful frosty and colourful buds though :p lol

yea i had to scrap the gsc cause from the looks of her she needed at least 3-4 weeks and the rest that was grown with her were 80% cloudy and 20% amber so i needed to chop not to mention there was 20x - 5 footers in veg waiting for the flower room so i couldnt put those in jeopardy for the sake of 1 plant that might of only turned out like crap.

but as for now im aiming for 70 days total trichome ripeness depending and we are sitting at day 51 so give or take 3 weeks before harvest but this lemon og candy has the appearance of a plant that is only 2-3 weeks into flower. i guess its just a matter of time.

and as for environment it is perfect temps and humidity never ever fall below or go above optimal. this plant is grown side by side with 20 other plants (6 different strains in total) and it is the only 1 that looks this bad.

yea this time around i have a little more room cause im perpetual growing now and i have 2 full rooms. 1 for veg and 1 for flower so now because of this when i harvest, the flower room will turn into a drying room so i mean by the time the clones from the other veg room need to be in there i can probably spare a couple of weeks because honestly i would like to see for myself how it to turn out.

yea this time around i have a little more room cause im perpetual growing now and i have 2 full rooms. 1 for veg and 1 for flower so now because of this when i harvest, the flower room will turn into a drying room so i mean by the time the clones from the other veg room need to be in there i can probably spare a couple of weeks because honestly i would like to see for myself how it to turn out.
Happy days then brother. Im intrigued to see how she turns out aswell. Tag me when you're chopping cuz!

I'm growing Lemon Og Candy right now. I can tell you that you shouldn't count on the breeder timeline for her. Mine didn't show many pistils until almost 3 weeks into flower. I switched her on March 11th (9 weeks and 6 days ago)and from the way she looks she still has a ways to go.
She is 65% Sativa, so she will take a bit longer.
It states she is a 9 week strain, 9 week strain from pistils maybe. Mine are getting pretty bulky at the end so, just ride it out.
Same bud a few weeks apart.

yea i think i will give her as much time as i can afford until the clones need that room. i will update this thread with pics of her when the time comes 2-3 weeks. i would like to see yours as well Virgin Ground when finished to get a look at the phenotype.

thanks for the comments to btw everyone. positive convo is great when its crunch time with growing

so the lemon are starting to look a lil better i will definitely let her go i guess. in that same area we have strawberry amnesia, green crack, og kush and 5x gorilla glue that we breed ourselves. i will put a pic of the gorilla glue in our same grow with a can of coke to do the bud size some justice. our last grow we averaged 18 ounces per plant and we encountered a few problems and had to chop her on day 60 of flower. but this time they look about 20-30% bigger than the last grow.

so here enjoy :D

Attachments

• All Plants Day 54 of Flowering (8).jpg
    All Plants Day 54 of Flowering (8).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 222
i said i would have an update for the lemon og candy. today is day 73 since 12/12 switch.
yesterday on day 72 of 12/12 i harvested my gg, gc, og, sa and bd and i left my lemon to continue for another week or 2.
they are bulking alot.
- the plant is around 6.5 feet
- it has a circumference of about 16 feet.
- has around 35-40 tops
- top size range between 8-10 inces (smallest) and 20-25 inches (biggest)
- top circumferences are between the size of a 500 ml water bottle (smallest) and up to around a 2 litre pop bottle (biggest)

currently the trichomes are about 80% cloudy and 20% clear with no amber in sight yet.

Attachments

• Lemon OG Candy Day 73 of Flowering (1).jpg
    Lemon OG Candy Day 73 of Flowering (1).jpg
    984.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Lemon OG Candy Day 73 of Flowering (2).jpg
    Lemon OG Candy Day 73 of Flowering (2).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 308
  • Lemon OG Candy Day 73 of Flowering (3).jpg
    Lemon OG Candy Day 73 of Flowering (3).jpg
    956 KB · Views: 223
  • Lemon OG Candy Day 73 of Flowering (4).jpg
    Lemon OG Candy Day 73 of Flowering (4).jpg
    1,023.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Lemon OG Candy Day 73 of Flowering (6).jpg
    Lemon OG Candy Day 73 of Flowering (6).jpg
    970.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Lemon OG Candy Bud Pictures Day 71 of Flowering Day 2 of Flush (1).jpg
    Lemon OG Candy Bud Pictures Day 71 of Flowering Day 2 of Flush (1).jpg
    688.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Lemon OG Candy Bud Pictures Day 71 of Flowering Day 2 of Flush (2).jpg
    Lemon OG Candy Bud Pictures Day 71 of Flowering Day 2 of Flush (2).jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Lemon OG Candy Bud Pictures Day 71 of Flowering Day 2 of Flush (3).jpg
    Lemon OG Candy Bud Pictures Day 71 of Flowering Day 2 of Flush (3).jpg
    826.4 KB · Views: 115
She's looking great! I ended up letting mine go 12 weeks from flip. I ran out of room so she got a little light stressed with a few crispy sugar leaf tips and foxtails but her actual buds didn't burn. I'm trimming her up today.
@stoneotter and I both got variegated plants. I thought they were sick at first, I think he did too. It dawned on me that I was actually seeing a mutation and that I should refrain from trying to fix my "sick" plant. Keep this in mind if you run her again.
I still have four more seeds of her that I'd like to pheno hunt with later.
Great work on her and keep it up.

Dude, I'm so glad you stayed with her! She's ripening nicely! I don't know why they took different times. Check out mine in the last couple of pages there's pics. They're 36 days into 12/12 I believe minus a few days ago for the pics. I have 4 plants all are growing slightly differently from each other. One is a real sativa looker that grew all the way above the lights. The others got between 4 and 5 feet tall. Good luck!

yea this pheno i have here is crazy.
i grew this lemon og candy before but she hermied with a few bananas. not many but enough to not clone her.
it was an amazing plant so amazing that i ordered her again to try. but this pheno is almost night and day from the other except for the smell. exact same lemon smell from it.
but to vigorous and to long flowering time for perpetual growing with multiple strains.
this pheno is looking like you said a 80-90 day. the last one i had was chopped at day 64.
this is my last lemon at day 40 in the image that i chopped at day 64

Attachments

• Lemon OG Candy.jpg
    Lemon OG Candy.jpg
    757.9 KB · Views: 192
yea this pheno i have here is crazy.
i grew this lemon og candy before but she hermied with a few bananas. not many but enough to not clone her.
it was an amazing plant so amazing that i ordered her again to try. but this pheno is almost night and day from the other except for the smell. exact same lemon smell from it.
but to vigorous and to long flowering time for perpetual growing with multiple strains.
this pheno is looking like you said a 80-90 day. the last one i had was chopped at day 64.
this is my last lemon at day 40 in the image that i chopped at day 64
One of my 4 looks to be growing at that rate I think. The others are sequentially quicker looking. The sativa looking one seems to be the fastest.

I was going to say it looks a little like a mutation of some sort. There are extra leaves looks like why she looks a little greener than most at this stage.

Most of the mutants that I've ran usually finish faster due to a high metabolism and extra leaves mean extra food so things progress quicker.

Thats just my experience.

Flowers look good tho - if it ain't broke bro. I call dibs on one of the trim chairs. lol

They should make full size high chairs(like for kids) with trim trays with screens. With tray that rotates out so we can take a potty break lol

Back
Top Bottom