Exweedament! My First Grow!

Started with 45, eliminated 40, then there was 3. A sad day for man kind. I cant wait for the Rhinos to get here.. Thanks Professorx I found you post on humidity light and the such to be considerably helpful.

Started with 45, eliminated 40, then there was 3. A sad day for man kind. I cant wait for the Rhinos to get here.. Thanks Professorx I found you post on humidity light and the such to be considerably helpful.

don't be sad mate, just try to keep in mind those parameters and you should be fine :)

another good tip for you: remember to plant seeds only 1/2 inch deep, and try to never touch seeds with your bare hand, use gloves when manipulating your Rhinos (this will keep you from contaminating your seeds)

i will be looking closely to your journal so keep us updated!
cheers mate! :blunt:

I would look at a t5 flourescent like a 24 inch 4 lamp light. They aren't to expensive or and quite a few of those cfls. As much light as possible is always best. I'm new to this as well and the process has def been a learning experience. I would get a small desk fan or something to the computer fans will work but one small oscillating fan would do you good. The cfls won't make a lot of heat but how tall is your closet?
When I germinate I just wet a paper towel, kind of ring it out leaving a descent amount of moisture in the paper and fold it up and put it in a zip lock bag. Sometimes seeds will be ready in two days but I've had some that take 7 and 8. If they that long a change the paper towel after three or four days as it tends to start smelling danky whi h makes me think mold. Picking healthy seeds is important to. Also be careful with the nutes early on, but if your looking for something to feed them I started with technaflora's kit. I got it it on amazon for about 40 bucks. It's worked pretty well so far Ive added a few diff nutes to the cycle but it gives you a well rounded setup as far as I know. Good luck to ya tho I am enjoying the hobby as well and plan to continue to do so. You can check my journal out in my signature

I bought a brinks 42W 6500k mercury light and the thing dosent want to work. What do these things not come with a ballast?

the flouro bulbs I use for veg can be used all the way through as shown on my first journal little pricey but the plant can be on the light with no harm amd can grow it all the way through best to scrog though even tho I didnt
Have a Weederfull week RB :thumb:

So let me ask yall this, My White Rhino seeds just showed up today I have 3 plants left after breaking ties with the other 42. I have had these 3 on 12/12 since about a week old just to speed the process for my Rhinos. What should I do wait it out on the Rhinos? I have 12 Seeds not femininized I was thinking of doing 3 at a time 7-8 Week grow after day 1 of sprout. Can I start them with my 12/12s and still get the full potential out the plants at harvest or how would I store them?

Okay I was given my 3 butes the once over and I noticed stem discoloration on 2/3. Whats the deal on this?
20131127_193537.jpg

20131127_193414.jpg

20131127_193308.jpg

slight nitrogen deficiency?
looks kinda light and one of your pics show a yellow leaf at the bottom and the plants look a bit light in color
just a guess maybe someone else can confirm it

slight nitrogen deficiency?
looks kinda light and one of your pics show a yellow leaf at the bottom and the plants look a bit light in color
just a guess maybe someone else can confirm it

Yup, I was thinking the same. Finding proper growing nutes around my area is hard. I grew these in my livingroom for awhile using a regular lamp by my cold window. the lamp was about level with the plants so they did a lot of weird angles to absorb light. So I figured it could of been that. The yellow leaf is from when the plant grew into a regular 60W house light( The lamp). They grew 2 each in about a inch 1/2 tall .9fl oz water bottle, 4 plants 2 bottles. Bad idea. I just scooped up sum dirt from my yard and threw em in. One I had to remove 2 worms from. I finally started reading up on growing and got my stuff together for the most part still doing a few tweaks here and there, but there doing much better and im starting med grade Rhinos! I finally found sum 5-1-1 nutes that seem to work pretty good. Brought one back to life after being ripped from the soiless mix. Thanks for the advice though you think I should add just a little extra nute mix than is recommended on the label to help boost nitrogen levels? There on their 3rd full week on 12/12 lighting in the closet.

Yup, I was thinking the same. Finding proper growing nutes around my area is hard. I grew these in my livingroom for awhile using a regular lamp by my cold window. the lamp was about level with the plants so they did a lot of weird angles to absorb light. So I figured it could of been that. The yellow leaf is from when the plant grew into a regular 60W house light( The lamp). They grew 2 each in about a inch 1/2 tall .9fl oz water bottle, 4 plants 2 bottles. Bad idea. I just scooped up sum dirt from my yard and threw em in. One I had to remove 2 worms from. I finally started reading up on growing and got my stuff together for the most part still doing a few tweaks here and there, but there doing much better and im starting med grade Rhinos! I finally found sum 5-1-1 nutes that seem to work pretty good. Brought one back to life after being ripped from the soiless mix. Thanks for the advice though you think I should add just a little extra nute mix than is recommended on the label to help boost nitrogen levels? There on their 3rd full week on 12/12 lighting in the closet.

hey there mate, hope you're doing great :)
I would hold on those nutes. I highly recommend checking your run-off pH in your next watering first (if you haven't done it already, is just a thought) very often nute's deficiencies come from incorrect pH of the medium.

if you have already done this, what was the pH of your last run-off?

if you have not checked pH of run-off and still add more nutes, i guess you could overfeed your plants to death

if you don't know whats in your soil I wouldn't
nice to start off with good soil even if you make your own mix
any soil with earthworms in it I feel is good soil as more earthworms is good
actually back in the day I used to throw earthworms in my pot
but this was in soil that was mixed myself off mulched soil and some other mixes in it all natural no nutes added for entire grow but
this was many moons ago when most people just rew it and wasn't really into the scientific part of it like most people are now
theres at least one or two people on this site who only add unstrapped molasses to feed microbes
everything is in their soil mix they make themselves
a lot is trial and error especially if you cant get what others are using
and seems availability isn't that good for you
a lot of people use bought soils and kinda already know what nutes or additives they need from other peoples grow
and ill say again if you can make your own soil with the right mixture you can pretty much do it without all the extra costs associated with nutes
but that's just my 2 cents worth
and again with your question I wouldn't add more than recommended unless you wanna experiment a bit and see what limits you can push

My soiless mix has verm. perilite, peat moss, wetting agent. no npk/ ferts. I sprayed the tops and bottoms of the leaves with a teaspoon of dish soap and a water mix to help dust them off and prevent bugs. Should I follow up and spray them with pure water to remove soap scum or buld up? I was also watching a video about mixes that retain to much water. Mine seems to hold water forever stays pretty wet for about 5-7 days? They said that soap/water mix helps the roots get oxygen is this true?

My soiless mix has verm. perilite, peat moss, wetting agent. no npk/ ferts. I sprayed the tops and bottoms of the leaves with a teaspoon of dish soap and a water mix to help dust them off and prevent bugs. Should I follow up and spray them with pure water to remove soap scum or buld up? I was also watching a video about mixes that retain to much water. Mine seems to hold water forever stays pretty wet for about 5-7 days? They said that soap/water mix helps the roots get oxygen is this true?

not sure bout the soap water mix for o2 sorry
5-7 days is a long time id start in smaller pots or containers that will dry out sooner you don't want root rot
as the plant fills the pot/container the soil dries out faster as the roots suck everything up
my mother plant in the 3 gallon pot used to water every 2-3 days now its daily watering
I think its root bound by now but it isn't an issue for me since I want to keep it stunted and short to fit the space I have which honestly its already to tall its growing at the top of the tent lol
if you can use natural nutes like fish emulsion and worm castings and stuff

Urine.

It is completely free and full of nitrogen. Just add some to your water next time you feed the ladies. Not too much -it is potent - just between 5 and 10 percent of the volume of feed. I'm growing in cheap ass soil too - so also making it up as I go along, but you are doing good!

xx

on't be sad mate, just try to keep in mind those parameters and you should be fine

another good tip for you: remember to plant seeds only 1/2 inch deep, and try to never touch seeds with your bare hand, use gloves when manipulating your Rhinos (this will keep you from contaminating your seeds)

I go very different in planting - I think ''contamination'' is the way forward for seeds that are ''yours.''

“Every seed you plant contains within itself an enormous amount of information about the Universe. Nothing made by human hands can compare with this information either in size or accuracy. Through the help of these data the seed knows the exact time, down to the millisecond, when it is to come alive, grow — what juices it is to take from the Earth, how to make use of the rays of the celestial bodies — the Sun, Moon and stars, what it is to grow into, what fruit to bring forth.

“These fruits are designed to sustain Man's life. More powerfully and effectively than any manufactured drugs of the present or future, these fruits are capable of counteracting and withstanding any disease of the human body.

“But to this end the seed must know about the human condition. So that during the maturation process it can satiate its fruit with the right correlation of substances to heal a specific individual of his disease, if indeed he has it or is prone to it.

“In order for the seed of a cucumber, tomato or any other plant grown in one’s plot to have such information, the following steps are necessary:

“Before planting, put into your mouth one or more little seeds, hold them in your mouth, under the tongue, for at least nine minutes.
“Then place the seed between the palms of your hands and hold it there for about thirty seconds. During this time it is important that you be standing barefoot on the spot of earth where you will later be planting it.

“Open your hands, and carefully raise the seed which you are holding to your mouth. Then blow on it lightly, warming it with your breath, and the wee little seed will know everything that is within you.

“Then you need to hold it with your hands open another thirty seconds, presenting the seed to the celestial bodies. And the seed will determine the moment of its awakening. The planets will all help it! And will give the sprouts the light they need to produce fruit especially for you.

“After that you may plant the seed in the ground. In no case should you water it right off, so as not to wash away the saliva which is now covering it, along with other information about you that the seed will take in. It can be watered three days after planting.

“The planting must be done on days appropriate to each vegetable (people already know this, from the lunar calendar). In the absence of watering, a premature planting is not as harmful as an overdue planting.

“It is not a good idea to pull up all the weeds growing in the vicinity of the sprouts. At least one of each kind should be left in place. The weeds can be cut back…”

According to Anastasia, the seed is thus able to take in information about the person who plants it, and then during the cultivation of its fruit it will pick up from the Universe and the Earth the optimum blend of energies needed for a given Man1.''

xx

hello there :smokin:!

i was just trying to rise RB2316's germination rate here, since genetics are expensive, risky to buy and really slow shipping, sometimes i have to wait for a month for my seeds to arrive (for some of us who live in cannabis-nonfriendly states or countries, i guess specially for me. i live in Mexico, so it is pretty much a war here nowdays)

anyway, that's some cool mojo there! i will try that sometime soon, just for the spiritual journey :)
never heard from that before, lol

hey they Prof welcome to 420 or if you've been lurking about for awhile
thanks for joining and and posting

Rb I usually use moonsign calendar to germ my seeds kinda like a farmers almanac but supposedly more accurate
and it has worked for me so far
I just recently germed 2 seeds off schedule and it is moving slower than it normally would when I do follow the schedule
they did pop but the taproot is just moving slower than usual
germ using old method of paper towel once the taproot reches about 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch I throw it into a rooting plug
I gingerly place them in using a tweezer I don't touch it with my hands
and to place them in with minimal stress I cut the rooting plug open and hold it close with toothpicks
works great for me its just a suggestion and people use different methods and it works for them
you need to find what will work good for you

and a Chronic weekend to you Rb :thumb:

Second that - always go with the moon. Youŗe lucky - the 1st of Dec is a great day to plant according to all three major moon calenders

And why are people so reluctant to touch their seeds with hand? It seems more natural to me than having them sit in germinators, paper towels, plastic boxes and handled with hard metal objects? Mine spent ten minutes in my mouth before being planted and were just fine :circle-of-love: In nature they fall in soil and the world does its work - why do people use the paper towel thing? Not being offensive, just wondered what is better than straight in the way the world works

xx

Back
Top Bottom