F A Q

Akornpatch

FAQ - by Grow Support Team member Eyeless

Is growing weed hard?
No, not at all. It simply takes time and dedication towards a positive end result.

What is the vegetative cycle of marijuana?
This is a period of growth where a plant receives more than 14 hours of light per day. Regular lighting schedules for this period are between 18/6hrs - 24/0hrs of light. During this period the plant directs its energy resources primarily to the growth of leaves, stems, and roots (I.e. no buds form). 20/4 is a extremely popular veg cycle as well but in reality any light/dark cycle that keeps a plant in 14 or more hours of light with less than 10 hours of darkness is considered a veg cycle.

What is the flowering cycle of marijuana? (A.K.A budding cycle)
The budding cycle of marijuana is a period of growth where there is around 12hour total light period with an uninterrupted 12hr dark period. The plant can be induced to flowering by decreasing light from 18-24 hours a day to dark cycles of 11-12 hours which simulates the oncoming winter in the fall as the days grow shorter. Flowering plants should be given high phosphorus plant food and with no light in the dark cycle. Any light at all during the flowering cycle can affect flowering. The ONLY exception is a green bulb as plants cannot see "green" light.

What is the ideal temperature range for growing marijuana?
The ideal temperature range is between 68 and 78 degrees Fahrenheit (20 to 25 degrees Celsius). Night temperatures should be a few degrees lower than daytime temperatures. Temperatures below 50 degrees Fahrenheit (17 degrees Celsius) slow down the growth.

What should the humidity be while growing marijuana?
Cannabis grows best in a mildly humid environment: a relative humidity of 40 to 60%. Plants growing in drier areas may experience chronic wilt and necrosis of the leaf tips. Plants growing in a wetter environment usually experience fewer problems. Humidity should be slightly lowered in the flowering phase.

What kind of Light(s) should I use?
A minimum of 20 watts of fluorescent light per square foot is required. Normally fluorescents are only recommended for vegetative period. High-intensity discharge (HID) lamps are the finest type of light output needed to grow amazing herb. There is an optimal High-intensity discharge lamp for each; veg. cycle and budding cycle. Metal Halide lamps (MH) are the most advantageous during the veg. period and High Pressure Sodium lamps (HPS) are the most advantageous during the flowering period.

What kind of fertilizer should I use?
During the veg. cycle fertilizers high in nitrogen are necessary. Late in the flowering period phosphorus and Potassium help promote bud growth and maturation. When plants are young fertz should be diluted to under 1/2 strength to avoid nutrient burn. A gradual increase in fertilizer is recommended.

Is CO2 good for marijuana growth?
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) levels should be high, particularly during the FLOWERING PHASE. Growth rates can be increased dramatically if the CO2 level is near 700 ppm. Normally enrichment of the surrounding area must be done to reach these levels of CO2.

How do I ventilate my room?
Ventilation is controlled by the use of fans in and around the grow room. There are four main types of fans employed by marijuana cultivators: axial fans, inline duct fans, exhaust blowers, and centrifugal fans. Axial fans are only used in small closet-type grows, as they can't move air through ducting. Proper ventilation is a must in any grow to regulate heat, oxygen and carbon dioxide levels.

Can I hide the odor of my plants?
One of the most effective, and certainly the most common, way of eliminating odor is by forcing odorous air through a carbon filter. Many cultivators simply attach a large carbon filter to their air extraction system, thereby filtering any smell before the air is expelled from the grow-room. There are other methods of odour elimination such as the use of ONA and ozone generators

Cannabis plants, like other plants, require light, water, nutrients, CO2 and mild
temperatures.

:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom