Fabric Pots! Don't buy! Read my reason!

Dizzylizzy420

Okay before people who use these get upset hear me out . I recently bought 10 tan VIVOSUN fabric tan pots and my plants have grown nicely. Here the issue .... the fabric pots shed those hairs and end up on all the buds . It pisses me off when I take a peek at my trichomes and I see are those fabric hairs . Do yourself a favor
People buy those air pots . I will be buying those for the 2nd grow. Just my experience and opinion. Peace love and happiness.
IMG_060739.JPG

I have black fabric pots and never had an issue with the fabric hairs coming off or on my plants. Maybe it was a bad batch...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

I have used both before. And found that the air pot has incredible root growth. I mean honestly I'm not pro so don't know if having longer/stronger root is a good thing. But I prefer airpots.

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm not sure about the black ones . Are they the same material . Anyways it sucks with all these fuzzies flying about and ending up on my precious buds .

I'm not sure about the black ones . Are they the same material . Anyways it sucks with all these fuzzies flying about and ending up on my precious buds .

I really don't know what each are made of but I bought fairly inexpensive ones on amazon. That does suck though. I had that happen with some dust from a fan. I now clean them a couple times throughout to make sure. Good luck but maybe try some of the black. I really like how they allow for extra water if you have to leave them for a while. I trust them much more than the solid pots. Even with drain holes they can't keep a plant from being over watered, I feel these pots help.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I love every thing else about them . My babies are awesome and almost ready to harvest my Autos in 2 weeks and the others in 6 weeks .
IMG_050538.JPG
But these fiber that come off the pot is getting stuck to my buds . This is my Auto couple weeks ago . She much more developed now . Blueberry Auto and she huge 4 plus feet .

I love every thing else about them . My babies are awesome and almost ready to harvest my Autos in 2 weeks and the others in 6 weeks .
IMG_050538.JPG
But these fiber that come off the pot is getting stuck to my buds . This is my Auto couple weeks ago . She much more developed now . Blueberry Auto and she huge 4 plus feet .

Your plants look great! Which one is the auto?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm seeing that with mine as well, I have 2 different kinds a more expensive black one and some cheaper grey ones. The cheap grey ones definitely shed more. I have more problems atm with the string I chose to use for my scrog net atm though. So it's a minor inconvenience.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Another issue I have is where to tie the strings to hold down my branches . I've had to make holes . I bought 7gal AirPot and I'm going to start Nothrrn Light Auto journal from start to finish .With this grow...my first grow I went too far . 2 BlueBerry Auto , 3 White Widow ,2 pineapple haze and 2'strawberry kush.
Beginners and Newbies like me should start with 1-3 plants . And I have photos and Autos another issue I created for myself.

I agree that n00bs like myself should only start with a couple of plants. I did the same thing myself. I made holes as needed in the fabric pots wasn't that big of a deal.
I used the earth itself to tie down a lot. Do the airports have places to tie?
420-magazine-mobile1998390450.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Okay before people who use these get upset hear me out . I recently bought 10 tan VIVOSUN fabric tan pots and my plants have grown nicely. Here the issue .... the fabric pots shed those hairs and end up on all the buds . It pisses me off when I take a peek at my trichomes and I see are those fabric hairs . Do yourself a favor
People buy those air pots . I will be buying those for the 2nd grow. Just my experience and opinion. Peace love and happiness.
IMG_060739.JPG

Hello, is this pic an auto too? If so, you trimmed the leaves underneath yes?

Binder clips- simple solution for fabric air pots- or many pots for that matter- get those little clips- clip to pot then tie string to those- or get pipe cleaners- 100 for a buck- I use them to tie down- just push the other end in the dirt...
problems are just solutions waiting... and if these are the problems we face... we are truly blessed!

IMG_050538.JPG

Freaking killer plant!! Good job!! I'm noob 1st timer too. My autos say 7 week strain from cks. My ?? Is, do you have a pic today or yesterday. I'd like to see the change in your bud sites from this pic to current. Are these from crop king. I'm on day 40 ish from above ground. Thanks!!

Those you are using look very fluffy I use the root pouches and never had this problem the ones I use are grey with different fibre colours mixed work very well and the fibres don't shed even with the fan blowing on full setting

Back
Top Bottom