Failed at Growing

enoddo

My attempts at growing have failed. Someday I hope I get the hang of it. If I could just get it right, I would be able to try all those wonderful looking strains that everyone else has succeeded in growing on this site. Keep up the good work.

we learn from our mistakes, keep trying and you will get it right. what were some of the big problems you had with your grow?

First off I'm to cheap and then I was worried about ordering some of the lighting (don't want to get in troubel). Then I don't feel the location I chose was right (one of the many people I live with sprayed weed kill around the edge of the yard, I did not know this). I purchased a book to help and as I was reading it, when I got to the part about growing outdoor growing, some of the pages were riped. I will be trying again, I just have to figured out what works.

LOL,
Oh Dude I'm the Master of Thrift
and the Guru of the HillBilly grow, don't get no cheaper.
Trust Me :)

So whatcha' got to work with?!?
You should be able to formulate a few more clues if ya' read through some of the threads here.
Lot's of Great folks here :)

This site has been nothing, but help. At this time I have no supplies needed. I wanted to order certain lighting, but I was afarid of getting in trouble. I was using just normal inside bulbs, but the ones labeled (to be light sunlight). I would like one of those set-ups I saw that look like a storage shed on the outside, but on the inside you are growing.

your not gonna get in trouble for ordering a light.

order yourself a nice cheap HPS about 50,000 of these are sold each and every single day.
if not more...
you have better odds of getting sucked into a black hole and sent to an alien dimension, than getting "tracked" for ordering a light.

then grow yourself some decent buds. keep it to a couple plants and dont tell anyone (like i always do) and youll be fine..

ps
i dont even think its legal to track someone for buying a light thats like a major rights violation or something. not incriminating enough

your not gonna get in trouble for ordering a light.

order yourself a nice cheap HPS about 50,000 of these are sold each and every single day.
if not more...
you have better odds of getting sucked into a black hole and sent to an alien dimension, than getting "tracked" for ordering a light.

ps
i dont even think its legal to track someone for buying a light thats like a major rights violation or something. not incriminating enough

^ its been done

those lights seem ok i guess.
you can probally do without the hydro unit untill you become more comfortable with simple soil. just focus on your lighting needs...

the ventilation should be pretty easy to do yourself, get a fan! =)

those lights seem ok i guess.
you can probally do without the hydro unit untill you become more comfortable with simple soil. just focus on your lighting needs...

the ventilation should be pretty easy to do yourself, get a fan! =)

I figured the hydro might have been a little easier, maybe I guessed wrong.

I have to go back and read some more. There is just so much information. I need to make a list of all the supplies I will need.

I figured the hydro might have been a little easier, maybe I guessed wrong.

I have to go back and read some more. There is just so much information. I need to make a list of all the supplies I will need.

Just got done with my first grow, and soil is definitely easier to start with, since it's more forgiving to beginner mistakes by allowing time to fix them. Before making a list of supplies, it helped to draw out the layout I wanted of the grow area. Then figure out everything I would need, including supplies. It does add up fast, but if you need to allocate most of your money somewhere, spend it on the light fixture. And supplies seriously add up if you don't have any. Here's a link to the page on my grow with a list of supplies and cost - just see what you need off of there to get a good idea of what you're gonna spend. The more expensive items I did some research online to find the lowest price and ordered them in separately, including the light. Add to this a good grow bible or two off of Amazon and you're good.
:passitleft:

And I almost forgot the most important thing. Research & use the Grow Room forums, and definitely set up a grow journal. The help & tips you'll get from the members you won't find in any book.

Thanks, I'm working on getting the supplies needed a little at a time. So far I got my light and now I'm debating on getting a homebox or useing another area.
I did have question though, after seeds have gremed in a cup filled with water and then put into Jiffy-7, do they need light right away or not?

dont really need any light untill it pushes out its first little leafies, theyll be hungry though dont make them wait for it too long.

You wanna talk cheap...read some of my threads...I have a coil-type energy saving light bulb screwed into the hood of my range in the kitchen...my plants are sitting on stacked up tupperware containers and an oatmeal box on the stove so I can get them as close to the light as possible...I divided eight inch pots by making dividers out of styrofoam plates to seperate sections within the pot...i'm no grow expert by any means...that is for sure...but i am extremely strapped for cash...that also is for sure...get creative like i did...maybe you'll get some great plants that will help you purchase the more sophisticated stuff...good luck to you

Back
Top Bottom