61FALCON

1st time growing in over 20 years, 1st time in a tent, 1st time using led, 1st DWC, 1st time quad lining.
Hi, all thought I would do a journal as I am sure I will need some help. I have already had some help from some members starting quad lining. So this is what I am working with:
GARDEN STYLE: Indoor
GROWING MEDIUM/SOIL STRUCTURE: DWC & Soil Blend
POT/CONTAINER SIZE: DWC 5 gal (20ltr) & Soil- Start in 1 gal than to 4gal then to 10gal (well that's the plan)
ROOM SIZE: 3X3X8 Gorilla Tent
LIGHTING & WATTAGE:HLG QB132V2 3500K with HLG-320H-2100A
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE & HUMIDITY: atm 75-80f - 65-70rh
NUMBER OF PLANTS:2
TOTAL FLOWERING TIME: tba
TOTAL YIELD: tba
NUTRIENT/FEED MIX & FEEDING CYCLES: GH Flora Set + Great White Mycorrhizae + Canna Rhizotonic
VENTILATION: Phresh Hyper Fan [150mm] & Phresh Carbon Filter [150 x 300mm]
STRAIN: Barneys Farm- Phantom Og Indica %: 45 Sativa %:55
I am going to follow the Fluence Science Cultivation Guide.
I started the seeds by soaking for 24 hrs then into Rapid Rooters with a sprinkle of Great white Mycorrhizae.
After sprouting 1 went into the bubble bucket & the other into organic soil.
I am currently up to day 20 as I start this Journal. Feel free and jump in and offer any advice.
Here are some pic of the progress so far.
IMG_1543 - Copy.JPG
IMG_1583 (2) - Copy.JPG
IMG_1553 - Copy.JPG
4 - Copy.JPG
3 - Copy (2).JPG
IMG_1571 - Copy (2).JPG
IMG_1575 - Copy (2).JPG
IMG_1576 - Copy (2).JPG
IMG_1570 - Copy (2).JPG

Day 20 The plant in soil I have removed the bottom 2 nodes and topped the 5th node for quad lining.

1.JPG
2.JPG
1.3.JPG
6 (2) - Copy.JPG
20.JPG
2 (2) - Copy.JPG

Plant in dwc is still a few days away from removing bottom 2 nodes.

Attachments

• 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    674.1 KB · Views: 192
Day 23. Plants seem to be going fine so I dropped the light down from 40" down to 20". Still only @ 106 watts.
Now at 240 ppfd/ 17 000 lux. RH is a little low at 50% temp 77.
1 (2) - Copy.JPG
2 (2) - Copy.JPG

Day 26. Changed water in dwc- 10ltrs water 90ppm. Added 40ml canna rhizotonic, 10ml Calimagic, 2ml each of GH flora grow, micro, bloom ended with 480ppm, ph down to 5.8.
Started training soil plant.
How long should I wait before going up pot size for soil plant?
Should I go up to 4 gal or go straight to 10 gal ? Any suggestions welcome.
1 (2) - Copy.JPG
3 (2) - Copy.JPG
2 - Copy.JPG

Go with 4 gal then wait for roots to fill out, shouldn’t take long. Then go with 10 gallon.
Cheers. I will give to till next Saturday, then will go up to the 4 gal.
Day 27. Turned light watts up to 123 watt to get to 300ppfd (21 000lux). Left light height at 20".
ppm down from 480 to 453 , ph went up to 6.2- buffed back down to 5.8.
1 (2) - Copy.JPG
IMG_1647 (2) - Copy.JPG
IMG_1648 (2) - Copy.JPG
IMG_1649 (2) - Copy.JPG

Hey @61FALCON i love the setup man! :woohoo::headbanger:
Looks like your light is doing the job - and the plants seem in perfect health.
I'll follow along for the ride, happy growing! :ganjamon:

Wowzer 61Falcon , seems you havent rusted in the 10 year lay off. Great set up and beautiful looking girls going on too. Pulling up a chair for this one. ( not 420 royalty like Pennywise with wisdom and methods though lol :Namaste: @Pennywise )
This is going to be good.

Hey @61FALCON i love the setup man! :woohoo::headbanger:
Looks like your light is doing the job - and the plants seem in perfect health.
I'll follow along for the ride, happy growing! :ganjamon:
Wowzer 61Falcon , seems you havent rusted in the 10 year lay off. Great set up and beautiful looking girls going on too. Pulling up a chair for this one. ( not 420 royalty like Pennywise with wisdom and methods though lol :Namaste: @Pennywise )
This is going to be good.
Cheers lads for jumping in and having a gander. Ganjagtandaddy it has actually been over 20 yrs since last indoor grow which was in a Growtron, a bit like a Phototron but heaps bigger. There weren't forums around like this back then, I don't think I even had a mobile phone or computer lol.

Day 30, I made it:blunt:. The plant in dwc doesn't seem to like any lst yet. I have been gently pushing the center down with my thumb but I split one side 2 days ago so I have stopped any training for now on it. Hopefully, it recovers.
The soil plant is going great guns atm so today I upped the wattage on the qb's to 203 watts which gives me 32 000 lux or 457ppfd at 20" height. I will re-pot the soil plant this weekend from the 1 gal up to a 4 gal fabric pot.
1 - Copy.png
2 (2) - Copy.JPG
3 (2) - Copy.JPG
4 (2) - Copy.JPG
5 (2) - Copy.JPG
6 (2) - Copy.JPG

Looking green, healthy & happy :ganjamon: No worries over the snapped stem, she'll heal up before you know it :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom