Should I up my nute strength if she is dropping the ec,ppm this quick in 10 hrs ?
IMG_1736_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1737 (2) - Copy.JPG

Plants are growing great man, what's your wattage like?
Id say I am at about 250 watts atm. I didn’t check last time I upped the watts to get to 45 000 lux. I will check what I am at when I get home from work. I can max out the driver at 340 watts if need be, but doubt I will need to.

Day 45.
Up potted soil plant Into 10 gal fabric pot and gave a soil drench with my organic tea brew. Will give it 14hrs to settle in then will re apply her branch tie downs
Dwc plant is feeding well with ppm dropping, water dropping & ph slightly increased.
In 48hr it has gone from 880ppm to 770ppm, 5.8ph to 6.1ph and water has dropped.
IMG_1743_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1745_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1744_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1746_LI - Copy.jpg

Day 47.
Soil plant took to the new pot fantastic. Decided to do a heavy defoliate and pinched & bent most of the branches on both plants. These plants seem to love all the abuse I can give them. Looking at flipping in 5 days so they still might get another defoliate again before flipping.
Dwc plant has been drinking well so I added a top-up of about 3ltr water with nutes(1.5ml/1ltr of the trio). Brought the ppm back up to 870ppm and ph'd down to 5.8.
IMG_1749_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1751_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1753_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1750_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1752_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1754_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1755_LI - Copy.jpg

Lookin awesome mate, see if you can get the ppm drop just a little less, down to like 20ppm per day, the pH will move even more slowly. It's awesome. Can just forget about it till Res change/top up day :) im sadly obsessive about my Res ppm but it does make life easier being ocd about it.
Really surprised the soil one is bigger too, that must be some bangin dirt you've got her in. Impressive. :)

Lookin awesome mate, see if you can get the ppm drop just a little less, down to like 20ppm per day, the pH will move even more slowly. It's awesome. Can just forget about it till Res change/top up day :) im sadly obsessive about my Res ppm but it does make life easier being ocd about it.
Really surprised the soil one is bigger too, that must be some bangin dirt you've got her in. Impressive. :)
Cheers Barney. I am stoked how well everything is going for me so far, hopefully, it continues until harvest day. How would I go about getting less ppm drop? Make the soup mix higher ppm?
The soil is a fantastic fully local organic product that is quite dense and is designed to hold every drop of water, so I added some perlite to it for a little better drainage. When I up-potted from the 4 to the 10 gal pot, I feed it 15ltr's (4gal) of tea and i would have only got approx 500ml(1 pint) of run off.

Yeah just bump it up a touch mate. Not a necessity but it really is awesome when you don't need to bother about the pH at all.
I am seriously impressed with that soil though and that's only the second time I've said that. The other stuff costs about £100 per 20L or something rediculous like that. How much that skin you?
Im generally a full on hydro advacate but
can't really argue with that result :)

Yeah the grow shops here charge $70 to $100 for a 25 ltr bag here for no-till/supersoil as well.
I am only paying $14 for a 25L. Mineral Enhanced Bioactive Living Potting Blend / No Till - which would weigh 20kg per bag.
I pay the same for the Bioactive Compost 25L / 17in1 Biodynamic Fertiliser which I use only use 3 cups per tea 12ltr (3gal) water with 30 ml of organic worm extract & a 1 tbls of kelp powder. So it works out very cheap.
If I had to pay what the shops are charging I don't think that I would do the organic grow.

I’m amazed how quickly your plants fill out after each defoliation Falcon :bravo: they are looking amazing

Ahh, your US. strongly doubt its available for me in the UK :( awesome stuff though mate. Can't believe it's that cheap. And your just feeding that one water eh?
nah not US. Southern Hemishere . Yeah fully organic feeding. In post 38 was when I made her first tea. Before then was just water and the occasional water with kelp powder. She gets everything she needs for the red volcanic mineral soil.

Day 49.
Plants seem to have bounced back from the big defoliate & hst 48 hours ago.
Dwc has been drinking & feeding. Dropped from 880ppm down to 770ppm in 48 hours.
I will probably change the dwc water & mix up a stronger soup mix tomorrow after work in preparation for the transition to 12/12. I will give it a day cycle then will have lights out for 24 hrs then go to 12/12.
I am still undecided when to run the 12hrs of light. I am at work for 10-11hrs per day so am unsure to run the lights during the day or at night when I am home.
Soil plant hasn't had anything yet since transplanting soil drenching, so tomorrow afternoon I will also soil drench with my organic tea brew which is aerating now.

IMG_1762_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1763_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1764_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1761_LI - Copy.jpg

Day 50.
Plants are on their last cycle of 18hrs of light. The lights will turn off at 9 am. I think I am going to run the 12hrs light on from 7 pm to 7 am. Now should I just give them 10hrs of dark then start the flowering cycle or should I give them the 34hrs of darkness?
Edit: or should I end this current cycle at 7am and have it as my 1st 12/12?
I gave the Dwc girl some fresh soup at 1320ppm(1.9ec). Mix was 12ltr(3.17gal) water @72ppm - 8ml calimagic- 16ml each flora trio- 25ml cannazym- 3.6ml h&g roots excelurator & 1.92ml Mammoth P.
I also soil gave the soil plant a soil drench and it took a bit over 7ltrs (2gal) of my organic tea.
IMG_1768_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1773_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1769_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1772_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1770_LI - Copy.jpg
IMG_1771_LI - Copy.jpg

should I give them the 34hrs of darkness?
That's what i go with. I believe this lets the plants know there's a real change in lighting and 'triggers' the stretch in search for more light. :yummy:
I'm seriously looking forward to your flower show, these girls have been vigorous growers during veg.

Back
Top Bottom